Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What would you do in a zombie attack/infection?

11 years ago

What would you do in a zombie attack/infection? Original answers please, not taken from a book, or any other media.

11 years ago

Well that sort of leaves you without many options - as they've basically already done it all in all the zombie literature out there...

11 years ago

I woul either die or survive with friends, then eventually die

11 years ago

BerkaZerka your right. Let me rephrase the question: What would you do in a zombie attack/infection.

I would hide in a supermarket. Food and protection.

11 years ago

I almost feel like a supermarket is a better option than my intended answer of going to the mall. But I'd still go to the mall.

While a mall would give you much more options in regards to weapons and there would probably be more food there, there'd also definitely be more people. And we all know that if a group of people is too large, shit will hit the fan. But yeah... I just want to grab one of those crossbows I've seen at the sports store in our local mall and go loco.

11 years ago

Home Improvement Warehouse would be my first stop - all the supplies anyone could ever need to build a zombie-proof shelter and a fleet of A-Team Style zombie stomping Vehicles.

Also, they're always close enough to other plazas to allow for food raids

11 years ago

Anywhere there is mustache wax.

11 years ago

Anybody else picture Aman standing in front of a group of zombies and forcing them to grow mustaches while worshiping his own?

Maybe I'm just weird... >.>

11 years ago

I think Crayt is right about more weapons, but most malls have lots of glass and easy access entrances for the zombies.

11 years ago

After getting hunting shotgun and rifle from lockbox, would go to COSTCO

11 years ago

Let the National Guard take care of it.

11 years ago

Home Depot.

Has every single tool for zed survival.

11 years ago

Just stay out of mine - it has booby traps (as well as the more traditional kind...)

11 years ago

Booby booby traps?  O.e

11 years ago

These kind of traps?

11 years ago

Yeah, those ugly blubies.

11 years ago

Just don't step on one - ever...

11 years ago

I have already planned this out. I gather my group of close friends, give them all jobs. Grab guns from my uncle who loves to hunt. And drive up to Canada, figuring out what to do from there

11 years ago

Ooh! Canadian Zombies are the worst!

11 years ago

No, all they do is just sit quiet and go on with making maple syrup.

I think.

11 years ago

no, what we canadian zombies will do is, we will hide in the snow that covers our great, cold-as-shit land, and once you try to cross over we will jump out and eat you, sneaky zombie style

11 years ago

Everybody dies, cause no matter what you do to survive you still die in the end. :)

Also for a non-original answer, Zombie survival guide.

11 years ago

Your right, you always die. But is it still worth fighting for your life?

11 years ago

Depends, are there still hot women left alive on the earth? are they all magically holed up in that supermarket with you? Once they get old and start turning into bitter hags do they get eaten by zombies? these are the questions...

11 years ago

O_____________________________O

I'd go probably go crazy and set fires everywhere, burning down humans and zombies alike. If I don't accidentally burn myself to death I'd just go to the nearest shops, get a life-lasting supply of ice coffee and chicken, go to the Australian Outback and just chill there for the rest of my life. Can't imagine how life could get any better.

Edit: Just realised that there's no internet connection out there. Which means I can't watch anime and game :( Oh wells, at least I have my ice coffee :3

11 years ago

Wow, Conexion_ICA, I would not want to go near you during a zombie invasion.

11 years ago

You can expect large mobs to being exactly what he described above at the beginning of a real zombie outbreak, does not matter where said outbreak is, they will still use it as the excuse.

Also for my plan It would really depend on where the outbreak is. Farther than say Texas-Maine, no worries. Arizona-Texas, we would have a problem. I'd likely just pack up everything I own, find my friends I trust, raid a food-store and head to the school.

btw: I live in AZ.

11 years ago

Heh I planned this. Lay low for 72 hours so the heat dies down. Take my shotgun gather friends and go to my nearby Freddie's. little windows, 3 doors tools, wood, seeds and weapons.

11 years ago

I'd personally be less worried about the zombies unless they are fast and/or strong type. It's the raider and refugee groups you'll have to deal with if your close but not in the outbreak zone.

11 years ago

Well firstly: you must define this a lot further, as a player of many games and planer for these kind of eventualities your question leave alot to interpretation. (Ok thats just me being facetious)

Well are they slow or fast zombies. Do they moan and walk towards any noise that is made or do they 'remember certain things/retain some semblance of intelligence?

Am I at work when I hear or at home or somewhere else like in transit or shopping?

Do I hear early in the breakout or late?

Because you must simply have a separate plan for each of these eventualities and more!

Picking the most common scenario of being at home and seeing the early stages of outbreak on TV: Near me (under 500metres away) is a store that sells shotguns, small caliber rifles and bows/crossbows. As long as I hear early enough I head here to get armed and grab supplies (they also sell long lasting food and bottled water, water very important) also stop by shops very fast to ensure good supplies like batteries for my torches, radio and walkie talkies, alo replacement gas for camping stove. then after that it depends on the speed of outbreak an imediacy of my threat level. If I have time and mass looting and panic hasn't started then I head up to an old fort on a hill relatively near me, its a WW2 bunker style place which has new fitted iron railing etc so only the door will need barred once inside. if I have no time then up into attck and take up the ladder with me :)

11 years ago

Short Answer: Go off the grid

Long Answer:

I'd head back to the mountains where I grew up(Southeastern end of the Appalachians. Mild winters wouldn't be a problem to deal with there and rural surroundings mean less zombie population. 

Zombies would be attracted to dense population so a virtually non populated mountain zone would be ideal in first of all avoiding said zombies. On the other hand, you have to actually know how to survive. Growing up in those areas I know the plants very well, what is edible and what is poison. I know how to maneuver and how to hunt, skin, and butcher a kill. It would be relatively simple.

The difficult part would be weapons and ammo, which would probably be used up very quickly assuming I needed to defend myself and hunt. Luckily for me(I swear I sound like a hillbilly nutcase by now probably) I did grow up with a compound bow and I'm decent with it(mostly just used it on stationary targets in the back yard). I've never used it on a moving target or to hunt, but when survival rides on it I'm sure I'd figure it out.