Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Background music

11 years ago

Is there ANY way to put background music on the page? That would be actually pretty intreesting.

But the problem is:

<embed src="http://www.siteaddress.mp3" />

I tried this, and it doesn't work.

Background music

11 years ago

pm BZ about linking in music from a youtube vid .... no idea how to do it myself though

Background music

11 years ago

Yes, you can embed YouTube videos, and then some, but not all can be shrunk down to 1x1px so they are not visible and set to autoplay so as to play in the background.

A word to the wise - Most background "music" is obnoxiously distracting from the story. I highly recommend never using autoplayed background music - as a bad connection can turn your masterfully selected 'piece' into a chopy 'piece of shit' in seconds.

Instead, I recommend making your music clickable by shrinking the videos down to 10 x 50 px as such:

<iframe width="10" height="50" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T6zDfxZ4NcE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Background music

11 years ago

Sir, if this is a thinly veiled slight to the soundtrack of The Chained God (and I can only assume it is, since "most background 'music'" in this community is found therein), I take umbrage in the notion that any of those pieces were masterfully selected.

I would also like to suggest that any ear-offending choppiness is likely not the result of a bad connection.

Background music

11 years ago

I need my umbrage back, it might rain later and I don't want to get wet  ;)

But no; While your game is actually where I learned the art of embedding nifty sound vids (thanks for that), it was from my own game Kill Aman's Mustache and one that Briar_Rose was working on, that I formed my opinion of the Clickable/Optional music vs. autoplay  ^-^

Background music

11 years ago

If what you're claiming is true, and my game alone was not enough to inspire your aversion to autoplayed music... then I shall have to redouble my strenuosity in obfuscating lax plot development (considered appurtenant to scatological humor in my oeuvre) by diverting attention with even more vexatious cacophonies henceforth, much the same way I obscure my bromidic aptitude for confabulation by employing perverse lexicophilia to dissuade prospective perusers.

Background music

10 years ago

Indeed.