Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Favorite songs/bands/artists/music styles

10 years ago

I think the title very well speaks for itself. Name your favorite songs, bands, music style, and artists.

I'll start:

I personally prefer classic and modern rock above most music styles, although I'm open to anything that sounds good.

my favorite bands would be either three days grace or Saving Able

favorite artist? Cat Stevens, all the great old-rock musicians, and tech n9ne (my favorite rapper)

favorite songs? Dysfunctional, am I a psycho (tech n9ne), wake up, I hate everything about you (three days grace), the wind (cat Stevens) and probably some others I'm forgetting right now.

10 years ago

I'm going to seem like an odd ball, but aside from the Israeli music I listen to (Israeli music, not necessarily Jewish music. I do not associate myself with those horrid auto-tuned Jewish Pop music that makes people's ear bleed.), I listen to Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash, and an odd group (http://www.floridanastuff.com/mwn/mwnwheel.htm). 

Yes, I have odd music tastes. :P

10 years ago

My taste in music changes quite frequently, so I have no real favorite musical style. Right now, I'd say my favorite artist are Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, and Nas in no particular order.

10 years ago

band:coldplpay

Artist: 2pac, dr.dre, B.I.G, eminem.

Song: 2pac - changes, dear momma, hail mary, why the good die young, ghetto gospel

10 years ago

No real preference any thing that sounds good. 

Artsit though I really like any of the old rockers. You know the animals, the Beatles, Bon jovi, The Rolling Stones and... Kansas

10 years ago

Well apparently my five most played artists in the last year have been Toro y Moi, Blonde Redhead, The Beatles, The Tallest Man on Earth, and Grizzly Bear and that seems pretty accurate so I'm gonna go with that. Bit of everything really, I've been listening to a lot of swing/jazz recently.

10 years ago

I listen to rock and heavy metal. Recently its been harder to find good bands because i am very niche when it comes to music. 

10 years ago

I usually just listen to a little bit of everything, though I do have a preference towards rock. 

Also does anyone listen to Daft Punk? Their usually techno sorta, but this is a song from their new album and I find it amazing.

10 years ago

I don't really listen to Daft Punk often - I don't mind Robot Rock, Digital Love or One More Time but I've never been able to get into any of their albums. That goes for their most recent one too.

With that said, Get Lucky is an amazing song. I first heard it on the radio at work (I haven't listened to FM radio for years so this was really lucky) and was instantly hooked. It's great. I love Pharrell William's voice and think he was the perfect choice for vocals on this track. I tried listening to his solo stuff and it didn't have the same magic. I really like Nile Rodgers' guitar work too - I can't really say much about him because the only other track I know with him on it is Let's Dance by David Bowie (which I like) but from what I've heard I like his style.

10 years ago
I like a bunch of stuff... From classical, to rock, to jazzy, to new age. All bunch of stuff.

My favourite artist is likely Metric. My favourite song is 'Break up the Concrete' by The Pretenders. It's got a cool beat to it. Or Walter Reed by Michael Penn.

10 years ago
Linkin park, Green Day and Eminem. As for songs...emm...Boulevard of broken dreams by green day, Stan by MnM(Eminem), and In Tha End by LP. :-D

10 years ago

I liked the three of those artists during their earlier career. There new stuff is still ok but it never gives me the same feeling as when I heard their stuff for the first time. Of course that is really my fault not the artists. 

10 years ago

I don't think I can name them all. I like so many different kinds of music. But I always have one that have been my absolute favorite  

Over time it's been Linkin Park, Queen, Paramore, Owl City, Hollywood Undead, Bruno Mars, Selena Gomez, and a few others I can't think of right now. 

I know I'm going to get so much shit for this but I'm proud of who I am. I am currently a Directioner. I'm not the creepy stalker kind. But I love them. I have a poster of them on my wall My little sister has two I know the name of every single song, I know all the lyrics to most of the songs and I've watched all the video diary's and some interviews....... And I have quite a bit if pictures of them on my iPod. My favorite song by them is They Don't Know About Us

Though currently my favorite song is Come and Get it by Selena Gomez. 

10 years ago

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6389556224/hBA60CD64/

10 years ago

Not that I'm judging of course, but.

10 years ago

So your saying that you hate me now? Lol

10 years ago

just a little bit of course not, why would I hate someone because of something as silly as a band,pfft, that's ridiculous

10 years ago

Nah you're good, as long as you don't post 1 direction lyrics here. Or anywhere. Really just stay away from the lyrics. They're pretty bad.

10 years ago

Your crazy. 

10 years ago

Love you too. 

10 years ago
Hey hey! I forgot. I am a Parawhore too! (that means me like paramore)

10 years ago

I know what it means haha. I actually don't listen to them very often anymore but I used to all the time.