Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Explore-A-Quest Interactive Series

10 years ago

I have just launched a fundraiser for an exciting new interactive eBook series called Explore-A-Quest! Interactive stories immerse the reader into the story by allowing the reader to choose the path they wish to pursue. During each thrilling story, at certain parts in the plot, choices are given and the reader decides which one to follow, thus giving the reader control over the story. With many alternative paths and endings, each story in the Explore-A-Quest series will be fun and exciting. When this fundraiser reaches its goal, the first 3 titles in the Explore-A-Quest series will be available as eBooks by October.

The fundraiser will go from now until 11:59pm on June 30th. If you would like to show your support, please check out the official fundraiser website:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/150147713/explore-a-quest-interactive-series

10 years ago

I was just thinking, the best stories on this site are probably on par with whatever your making...

10 years ago

...And they are all free to read too.

10 years ago

The best stories on this site are better Than almost all paid for story games out there. Just saying.

10 years ago

And it is in ebook format but don't think it will have items, scripting...

10 years ago

Do you have a direct link to the Kickstarter? Don't like Face Book enough to check it out there....

10 years ago

It just relinks to Kickstarter since it states you are leaving facebook. Also this reminds me of some other interesting projects.

Project-Godus and War-for-the-Overworld. They don't need any more kickstarting but I think you guys could check them out.

10 years ago
Yes, here is the direct link to the kickstarter project. Thank you for your interest.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/150147713/explore-a-quest-interactive-series

10 years ago

Have you considered working with the Choice of Games folks? I imagine straight-up ebook format isn't going to be as versatile as their ChoiceScript. And they've got distribution channels.

http://www.choiceofgames.com/looking-for-writers/

10 years ago

Still the example games are much worse then the best we have. And even not the best. In choice of the broadside, even if you select that you have a high patronage in the navy, you still get a bad condition ship. Oh, and Ive heard that choicescript isn't that great.

10 years ago

Chooseyourstory.com has a varying level of games, horrendous to amaizing. Choiceofgames.com, has a smaller amount of games, but has less horrid games. However, I do find that some COG are quite enjoyable (Way Walkers (though you have to pay for it)). 

The two systems (CYS and COG) are remarkably different, with one based on more of reading, while the other based on game. 

10 years ago

Still, the free games that I have played are totally linear.

10 years ago

They are? They all have a similair ending, true, but your choices end up affecting the ending Immensly. Broadsides has differing texts depending on your stats. dragon ends depending on how you keep your treasure hoard and what you did, romanc ends completely different depending in choices.

10 years ago

Me no see. Me play android version and there is no change. Very hard to die. And I found a bug in which it said someone wasnt bothering me when he had never even started harrasing me.

10 years ago

Could you Speak proper English? You contradicted yourself in your own post.

10 years ago

But before that all the possible choices are almost the same depending on your choices no matter how different your playthrough with a few extra branches particularly broadside.Dragon was better and romance was the least the least linear although least enjoyable for me

10 years ago

Huh? While I agree with your statement (Dragon was the best out of the three, though Vampire was better then the rest) Broadsides had multiple different choices, that changed everything. 

The scenes changed, the final battle differed baced on different choices, the final ending was quite different depending on who you romanced, how well you did, and how much money you had.

10 years ago

I enjoyed all three :3

(then again, I don't personally are if a story is linear or not)

10 years ago

I feel that COG does have good quality games, can't compare with Endmaster, but still of good quality. 

10 years ago

Choice of Zombie was pretty good. But only because I found that you have little more options that affect the other people. But when it comes to plot changing CYS has it beat by far. I love choice of games but when you try to get different endings it doesnt seem like it changes much. The stats are about the only thing I can really say is different from most interactive games.

In short, Im glad I found CYS. Thank you CoG for driving me to find it! lol