Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Hi everyone! Meow! :3

I'm kind of new, and I just want to know how you create mazes by using links and stuff. Thanks for taking the time to read this! I appreciate it and this would really help me out! :)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Welcome! 3J created a maze on his game, Order of the Midnight Sun, so you could ask him for help.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Ugh! Do not create a maze via links.

They all suck. (no sarcasm) - Especially the one in Midnight Sun!

Seriously, they lose all the good qualities that make them interesting graphically when reduced to left right up down text descriptions.

Please do anything other than an in-game maze.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Welcome to the site BTW  ^-^

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Agree. The OMS maze was horrible, so horrible.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

(I havent played it) But if it's so bad why has it been on the featured list for as long as I've been checkin this site out (a few months)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

The maze is the only bad part. Its just a part, not the entire story. The rest is great.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

OH I gotcha, I thought you meant thats what the story was.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

BTW welcome to the site

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Ah, I see. Thanks everyone! :3

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

You're even given the option to skip the maze (Even the author hated it)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

:3 Wow, that must've sucked. XD

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

He didn't hate it, he just recognized everyone else hated it and had to concede it wasn't the greatest idea, so he offered a work around for those that had a lot of trouble with it.

If he had actually hated hit he would have just removed it lol.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

I actually enjoyed the maze.... 

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Filthy plebian!

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Hey, I'm a filthy God not a plebeian. 

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Your mustache is the God! You're just the filfthy plebeian tasked with it's maintenance and care!

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

I'm actually playing that game (Order of the Midnight Sun) right now!

It's fun! :3

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Yeah, most people enjoy it quite a bit.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of it as a whole.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

True.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Yeah, I got stuck in that maze and had to lose a lot of score to get out.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

I agree avoid mazes like the plague.. in graphical games tile sliding puzzles are another "don't do"

Its an easy way to make a game longer but I think most people would get bored

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

If you absolutely must have a maze in a game, then describe it in terms of how long it takes to get through or how hopelessly lost the player gets in it, rather than the left/right/up/down crap.

For example, when they enter the maze, post what they have seen after having been in there an hour and give them a continue option.

The continue option takes them deeper in the maze and yet another continue option that takes them deeper or out. Even something as simple as that will still seem like a pain in the ass to most players (even though they got to go through the maze in 3 easy clicks of the mouse - but trust me it's waaaaaaaay better then twenty random clicks of a mouse!

For an example of such a maze (shameless plug here) - check out the Hedge Maze in http://chooseyourstory.com/story/kill-aman's-mustache   ^v^

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

If you can even reach it. :P

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

*evil grin...

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

I still can't get out of the loop in the house (And I've clicked EVERYTHING)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

It's hardcore stuff.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

If you are stuck, then you haven't 'clicked' everything hehe...

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

I know it has something to do with this...

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Just keep clicking haha!

(galobtter finished it - how hard can it be?)  ;)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

That was the hardest part of the game for me :(

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Seriously though!
I tried clicking every visible option, afterwards I went through that wormhole, and clicked every visible option again, then I did the same a third time, a fourth, a fifth, until the wormhole decided it was tired of taking me back in time...

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

I can PM you the HINT if you want hehe  ;)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

yes please

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Sent!

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

After the first part, everthing was a walk in the park. I just clicked through everthing.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Yeah, after the opening scene, it really isn't that difficult   ^v^

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago
this is my next game to go through.

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Good luck  ;)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Hint: Berka is a horrible person, and so you should skip the house and go straight to the end game and leave comments...

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

hahahaha ok will do :)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

fuckin shit why does the grasshopper thing keep killing me!!!!!!!! I HAVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Mwuhahahahaha!!!!

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

ok seriously give me a hint here dude the only thing left is the stupid hamsters and nothing I do works there

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

Just do what you did to get out of the house  ;)

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

You have the gold cross right?

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

yes I do

How do you creat mazes?

10 years ago

A game based sheerly on mazes = Text-Based Superman 64 of CYS. Maybe even worse than my and Bardockwest's two-part series.

How do you create mazes?

10 years ago

1. Draw up a maze that you've envisioned.

2. Lay out plans for the maze to be built in an isolated location or perhaps in an underground area.

3. Make sure you have the materials to build the maze out of something sturdy such as concrete or even steel. It also needs a ceiling. A traditional "hedge maze" will not do.

4. If you can't do all the work yourself, hire some cheap labor such as the unemployed or illegal aliens. Should be easy in today's economy.

5. If you hired workers, only hire the workers for one day then kill them so they can't report anything they've seen.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the maze is complete.

7. Put video cameras and speakers throughout the maze until you're satisfied with the amount.

8. Put traps of your own design in the maze until you're satisfied with the amount. (Presumably you've designed the traps already)

9. Send invitations to your new maze to various young women you've secretly been taking pictures of from your van.

10. If none of them show up (and they most likely won't), capture said girls and take them to the maze location. This should be fairly easy since you've been taking pictures of their activities, their homes and studying their routines ahead of time.

11. Repeat step 10 until you have enough girls to put into the maze.

12. Make an announcement that you will all let them go if they find their way out of your maze, then herd them all in. This may be tricky and you may even have to kill a couple before the rest capitulate and just go in. Of course you could just send them in one at a time every thirty minutes or so which might make handling them easier.

13. Watch them scurry about your maze, desperately trying to find their way out. Every now and then be sure to say something really creepy over the speakers like how each death is bringing you closer to orgasm. (Whether this is true or not, you don't actually have to masturbate unless you really want to)

14.  Go wash your hands and go to sleep when you're tired. You don't really need to worry about any of them escaping since you've got a strong locked metal door at the entrance and never made an exit to the maze in the first place.

15. Repeat steps 13 and 14 until all but one of the girls has died. If they all died while you were asleep, go back to step 9 and try again.

16. For the final girl, tell her that she is the last and that you are so impressed with her survival skills that you really will let her go free if she can make her way back to the entrance.

17. Flood the maze with sleeping gas.

18. After the gas clears enter the maze to pick up the final girl's body. Be careful not to fall afoul of any unused traps!

19. Put your final girl in a special cell and proceed to take care of her. Try not to kill her because you need someone to talk to sometimes and she's proven herself worthy. Eventually she may even resign herself to her fate and not resist you anymore. Then you can be together forever and ever and ever.

20. Clean up the rest of your maze (Again be careful of unused traps) and then go about your normal life until the voices start telling you otherwise.

How do you create mazes?

10 years ago

Hmmm.. Seems like a good plan...

*Runs off to buy building materials*