Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Looping Issue

10 years ago

So I have a link set to send the player to the next chapter, which I have set up. But everytime I click it while playtesting, it loops me back to the page that linked to that page. It is very frustrating and I can't figure it out.

Looping Issue

10 years ago

Oh and now I find out that it isn't just ONE of the links on that page. It is every single one of the links I have placed in the page.

Looping Issue

10 years ago

Can you be more descrptive on the links and restrictions you put on. Any scripts aswell

Looping Issue

10 years ago

In the next chapter, have you set the first page?

Looping Issue

10 years ago

Check if any of your variables link to that page if they go above/below a certain level. That might be the problem if the variable goes below that level at that point. More details would be helpful.

Looping Issue

10 years ago

I have no variables in place involving the page. It was just two links. The next chapter has a first page set.

Looping Issue

10 years ago

First, try deleting and re-adding the links. If that doesn't work, add the links to a test page and see if they still act the same. If they act differently (ie. work) on another page, then your Page is corrupt and you'll need to delete it and make a new one in its place.