Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New here, hello.

4 years ago

Greetings, pleased to meet you all. Felt like I'd ought to introduce myself, to get all of the pleasantries out of the way, thus this post. My name is Kira, however Aileen may suffice; and I can't say that I'm not thrilled to finally join this community. I've been a lurker constantly throughout my adolescent years, and I finally said "fuck it," and created an account today, to become apart of this.

Perhaps in the future, I'll work my way up, and I'll help other new members adapt to this environment, show them the ropes, but in the meantime, I'll be navigating throughout this website, playing story-games and attempting to adapt to this new environment. I'd be eternally grateful however, if I could be recommended some stories to check out. 

Anyways thanks for wasting your time to read this, and have a good day. 

New here, hello.

4 years ago

Hello there. Welcome to this site.

I am still pretty new to the site as well I just read a lot of stories too before I joined.

As far as recommendations go it highly depends on your favorite genre. As mine is fantasy I can highly recommend stories like "Eternal", "Rogues" and "Necromancer". Basically all the stuff Endmaster wrote is always great. I also can recommend Avery_Moore's "The Price of Preedom: Innocence lost" and Malkalak's "Broken Chains: Blood on the marble". If you are more interested in riddles you could try "Tower of riddles". And if you are searching more for games than stories I suggest "Dungeon Stompage" and "Awakening of the Tower".

That would be stories I enjoyed most, but pretty much all featured stories are sure to be a great read.

New here, hello.

4 years ago
Welcome!

If you've been lurking that long you should have no trouble avoiding the common pitfalls, but if you need any advice just tag Endmaster three times. (He has notifications set so that they don't show up unless there's three.)

The featured story list is the obvious place to start for the admin and community picks for favorite games, but if you can let us know what genre you prefer we might be able to dig up some hidden gems for you.

New here, hello.

4 years ago

Welcome to the site!

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=4314

This here is a list of stories mizal has curated for people who like to read. Pick any of them. Hopefully that link is clickable. If it's not I'm certain you can figure out how to copy paste it.

New here, hello.

4 years ago
I suppose I should update that soon.

New here, hello.

4 years ago
Forgot to mention, but if you're using a PC you should get the site extension from BradinDvorak's profile. There's one for Firefox and Chrome and it lets you you turn on dark mode and some other options in your profile as well as giving the site an overall facelift.

New here, hello.

4 years ago

Thank you so much; dark mode is so much more easier on my eyes, as it's intended to be. Also, thank you very much for the warm welcome! If you ever need a beta-tester, or a lab rat to test out your stories on, I'll happily fulfill that position for you. Regardless, thank you once again, and have a good day!  

New here, hello.

4 years ago
Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here now that you've uncloaked.