Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

I'm thrilled to announce that ChooseYourStory.com is finally here: http://ChooseYourStory.com.

What is ChooseYourStory.com?
ChooseYourStory.com (also CYS) is the new look for MyAdventureGame.com (MAG). We have come to the realization that this site is more about "stories" than it is "games", and figured that a new look was in order.

What is the relation between ChooseYourStory.com and MyAdventureGame.com?
You know how you can change your computer's scheme from like "Windows Standard" to "Desert"? Well, that's kinda what the difference is here. Everything will function the same, but it will just have a different colorscheme and look. And, where possible, the word "Game" was changed to "Story".

So ... what site do I visit?
Go to whichever look you like best. Going forward, new graphics will be developed only for CYS and fitted into MAG. It won't look to bad, but it won't necessarily have the "comic book retro" look anymore.

No more MAG Graphics? Does that mean MAG will go away?
Maybe, but not for a long while. We'll see how things go and who uses what site. Personally, I like how CYS looks and feels. It's much more relaxing and suited towards writing.

So let me get this straight ... no more Games, only Stories?
That's what we'd like. I've tried to adjust my word choice over the past few months (anyone notice), but it's easy to let "Game" slip out. To encourage you to make the conversion in posts and what not, I'll randomly award points when I see Story used instead of Game.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
What do you mean by No more MAG Graphics? I dont understand. No pictures in games? Or do you mean the Cysid and cartoony graphics of the other site?

I have to say, you out did yourself. The new look is amazing, It as you said- It feels more relaxing and calm, more suited to writing. I love the new drawings for the game catagories, the brown book look to it, and replacing Game with Story I also like, hearing the word GAME was geting old, it just didn't feel right hearing the word game when writing or reading the stories......

I'm going to be happy to use this site to start creating Choose-Your-Own-Stories.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

Thanks for the feedback :-)

To clarify on "No more MAG Graphics" -- what I mean, as you said, is no more Cysid updates and cartoony graphics. All new graphics will be "pencily" like the current categories look. So, let's say a new category is developed, we likely will not take the time to draw a new Cysid. Sorry Cysid fans -- there are some spare (still unseen) cysids, so those will probably get used in the future.

By the way -- a lot of the look comes from chocobot. He spent a long time drawing the artwork and helping with other things. This was way back when in December I think.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Danm dude...  Please keep going with MAG not chooseyourstory...  You just created the look for MAG too and you havn't gotten any complaints.  Leave CYS the way it is and develop MyadventureGAME

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

this is gonna come out extremely sarcastic, but does that mean you are gonna change it to "The Wal*mart Story"? lol just thinking aloud.

nate

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
I agree with JJJ. I love the new layout, but I like MAG better than CYS.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Cool layout! Read my PM about the MAG and CYS interchangeable layout idea. That would satisfy everyones taste.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Danm Straight Nate.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Look sweet! I like the style of it.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Ah...This skin is much more relaxing,and it sees us for what we are. CYOA's

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
So does thiss.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
You said chocobot drew the pictures and stuff?  He did a great job!

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Plus, if we could see some more artwork as the site progresses, that would be neat.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

Are you going to change My Games to My Stories?

Also, can I still make the one "game":  Valhalla

It was orgionally a game and it will still be a game.  When you add flags why don't you put two nessicary ones:

Game
Story

You could only use one and you had to have one.  I think that'd be a way to put it.  There are plenty of Games currently.

MAG Sim thing
Twenty-Three
Wal-Mart

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
But even more stories.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

There are still a lot of places where u will find the word Game. In some places, I've put in code that uses the skin's (MAG or CYS) word for it.

Keep in mind that most games are stories, just highly interactive ones. Halo, Dragon Warrior, Trace Memory (the one i'm playing now), etc -- all stories where u play a character, meet other characters, and build the story. Kinda what you do here. Think of it like a continum ...

<----Sudoku -------Chess-----Mario Bros-----Halo------Dragon Warrior-----Longest Journey-----Zork------Mattias-----LoneWolf----MysteriesOfTime-----LordOfTheRings---->

So, we are much closer to Stories than we are to Games.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
CHESS COMES AFTER SUDOKU!

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

cool you mentioned dragon warrior. im creating a dragon warrior game right now. its still just a concept though.

nate

ps, i love that series lol

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

ANOTHER ONE!? ahha jk

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

Hey AP

I figured it'd be more fun to post than to call on the phone - y'know just to make an appearance. I will be in the field (outside away from internet for two weeks)  and I would like to draw  some more cys drawings, if you can think of any that you need. Plus If my dream comes true in four months I will pay a large amount of money (for me) to hopefully be adding some animated graphics to  mag.com by hiring this duder who works with Flash.  It 'll work a lot better with Mag but then I'll see if I can do the same thing for Cys - this animated fighting feature will be opened for people with a certain amount of points. Also I wish to purchase a t shirt printing press with Kevin which will also add to mag point features.  SO that gives me to more creative commitee projects for the ongoing upcoming creative think tank..          Question say if I wanted to start other chapters of think tanks possibly in Knoxville should they be under the umbrella of Halogen Studios.  They  should be under some kind of umbrella if not.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Hey dude, I understand you! Tahts great, btw JFP ROKS!!!  Also, who are you planning to give your trophy to and how do i earn it?

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Actual flash!  That'd be nice to see.  Could the person do moving GIFs also?

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
hhaha I like movng gifs

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Looks at your Avatar.  Yep!  You know, when you changed it twice so fast I didn't know it was you when I first saw your posts.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
wow

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Looks great. Not going to elaborate because I have a peculiar suspicion that I already did so. May have messaged you or something. Good work. The banner looks like Papyrus. Already I feel myself writing better.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
lolz, may the aura of the mighty papyrus be with you.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
 I still like the original MAG better. I don't see why the look should be changed.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
You mean this mag?

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
I wholly disagree. CYS has more refined graphics reflecting the writing-oriented site. The old site looks fine, but too "game-like." The facelift provides a more adult look at writing and will help to draw a wider audience. Overall, just looks more professional.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
*Yawn*

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
What you yawning about? Don't make me send a stampede of Meese to your house!

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

They would turn on you.  I have full control of the moose.  Actually Im thinking of putting ferocious moose (meese?) warriors guarding the tower.  Half Moose half shadow, powerful bastards.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
HaAHAHAH!

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
I think I'lgive them bastard swords just to make it more fun

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago

Thanks for the feedback :-)

Curious, did you gather that from the layout? Because those are EXACT reasons for doing CYS -- and I don't know if I wrote it on the forums here or not.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
I just gathered that from the layout. Whether or not you posted that somewhere, I certainly didn't read it. Remember, I was a developer/designer for almost a decade! :P

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
Wierd, because he's said all of those sentences somewhere in these forums.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
That's not weird, just means I haven't scoured the forums. Are you saying I pieced together his words and regurgitated them for favor or something? I'm going to send JJJ's meese to YOUR house, Havvy.

ChooseYourStory Is Here!

17 years ago
All 10000000000000000000000000000000000 of them.  They mat like little mosquitos dude. I have an army thats even bigger then bill gates's house.