Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Quick Becoming Legend sketch/comic

9 years ago

I figured this was a few too many pictures to post in the Writing Workshop, so I'm posting them in the lounge instead >_> If it's still in the wrong section, could a mod kindly move the thread to where it belongs?

Anyway, I'm debating including the finished versions of these comics as bonus storygame content for anyone crazy enough to get 100% completion at the end of every chapter in Becoming Legend once the game's done.

Here are the first 8 pages out of approximately 21. Sorry for the shitty quality XD I haven't had a chance to clean them up yet.

Worth the effort to clean up and include in the game? Or should I just scrap it?

9 years ago

Wish i could draw :(

9 years ago

Er, practice? Or bribe someone who can XD

If I could script half as well as you can though...

9 years ago

See scripting is just something you need to be able to understand to do. Drawing is an actual talent.

9 years ago

Ummm... no. 

9 years ago

How is knowing how to draw well not a talent?

9 years ago

It's a skill. One cultivates it. Drawing isn't something you are "talented" at. Hardly anything is. 

9 years ago

But you're talented at whining...

9 years ago

No, his whining is a skill, he spends time on these forums perfecting it.

9 years ago

Skill and talent are not mutually exclusive. You can think of 'talent' as the rate at which you get better at a skill.

For example, anyone can learn a foreign language, but someone with a gift for linguistics can become semi-fluent in two months, while someone without talent could learn for years and never get past a rudimentary grasp of the basics.

9 years ago
I guess there's certain other things, as well, like how they learned it. Learning smart by using better methods is faster.

9 years ago

Because that is the will of Malkalack.

9 years ago

No, asshole. Because that is the truth. But of course, it's in your nature to be a condescending prick. 

9 years ago

Well aren't you a rude one.

9 years ago

No shit. 

9 years ago

xD

9 years ago

Nah, you actually need to be smart to script. All you need to get good at drawing is too much free time.

9 years ago

Not true. You need hands that obey you when you try and draw, haha. I've tried to draw before, but even with step by step instructions, and an image to go by, I still cant do it right.

9 years ago

Fair enough.

Everyone starts that way though. The more you doodle, the easier it gets to make your hands draw what you want. It's just that some geniuses can get the hang of it in a few tries, while average people like us take years and years of gradual improvement before we can even consider ourselves remotely decent.

For that matter, I still can't draw straight lines without a ruler :P

9 years ago

Holy shit...

You are God.

9 years ago

Seems like it would be a cool bonus to add for those that get 100% completion.

9 years ago

Glad to hear it :)

I guess I'd better start cleaning up all those barely readable sketches then, haha.

9 years ago

Pretty damn amazing.

9 years ago

Thanks for reading XD

9 years ago
Looks great! A bit Attack-on-Titan inspired art/dress? :3 maybe not, but it reminds me of attack on titan. Either way, I wish I could draw that good on a regular basis xD I can only draw that good if I'm out to prove someone wrong, which is a nice hobby I'm very passionate about.

9 years ago

Yes! I'm glad someone got the Shingeki no Kyojin reference (with a similar mortality rate of your wonderful squad mates, haha)!

Have a cookie, Ford.

9 years ago
Woot! I got a cookie! :D

9 years ago

I think it's great.  I've never had the patience to stick with a something this complex.  My drawings have always been in the 10 min or less category.  :)

9 years ago

I'm surprised you don't work for some company that produces anime or manga. Seriously, this is some good art.

(Is that what I should call it?)

9 years ago

I wish I could draw as good as that. The best I can do is finely copy something on my iPod to immense detail, and then change it to my liking due to mistakes...

9 years ago

Envy. Lots of it haha.

9 years ago

Looks really impressive. Hey were you the person who drew the mafia games?

9 years ago

Thanks. And no, I haven't been on the site that long, I don't think. Sounds like something interesting to look up though - it was a forum game, right?

9 years ago

My bad it was the Assassin in the Palace games. Some one (I don't rember who and for the life of me I can't find it in the search engine) Drew the second Assassin in the Palace game as a comic strip.

9 years ago

Trish, I think.

9 years ago

I was thinking of asking a professional forum digger to look for it.

9 years ago

I was wondering...We've never had anyone actually doing a Manga cys before, yeah? It would be cool if the whole story was just this - pick a path, you get 1 drawing, but I reckon that would take ever longer than just writing.

9 years ago

As awesome as that would be, it would also probably kill whoever tried to make it. You'd be essentially making a visual novel single-handedly. XD

9 years ago

Good Stuff! If I ever get serious about publishing a Fantasy Bebop RPG, I may look you up for commission work haha!

9 years ago

Do you have a counter for how many members your site have overall? Just curious. 

9 years ago

>59379 Posts in 982 Topics by 122 Members<

That's 121 real members. The most current one I'm not sure about yet. I have had over 5000 spambot members over the years though...

9 years ago

Is that 121 active members, or 121 members that had joined since the creation of the site? Speaking of which, when did you created it? 

9 years ago

Members since 2008. And currently, it's a CYS playground haha! Only a handful of original members pop in from time to time. Mostly, because the product line has run its course.

9 years ago
And I thought you were already serious :(

9 years ago

I was serious for a long time - then life and career changed and now it's mostly on hold unfortunately...

9 years ago

One day. :)

9 years ago

Not untill we finsh the epic known as MN. 

9 years ago

Yep, we're still good for the PbP!

9 years ago

Oh, and how's the cow game going?

9 years ago

If you ever get serious about about publishing a Fantasy Bebop RPG (please do!), I'll happily refer you to even better artists, haha. I'm still too much of an amateur to do Bebop justice.

9 years ago

Naw, I think you have the right look and feel for it. You might not pull down as much as an already established professional, but your style is solid enough to get you started. ^v^

9 years ago

These are nice. Wait is this the game itself or the bonus?

9 years ago

A bonus for finishing a Chapter with 100% completion, meaning you find the path that nets you all the achievements and uncovers all the knowledge entries.

It'll probably be accessible through a link on the End of Chapter score page, if you got 100%.

9 years ago

That's nice. Yeah you should do that. Id definitely play it.