Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Plagiarism FTW!

5 years ago

... FUCK!!! Fuck, shit, ass, cunt, twat, bugger, fuck! That Road to the Colosseum game jumped the publishing queue ahead of POF and it's due for publication FUCKING TODAY!!!

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/upcoming-hosted-games-releases-2019/47847/8

For anybody who doesn't already know why this is a problem for me, here's why:

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/gladiator-road-to-the-colosseum/26462/785

Just to clarify, I totally get why the game jumped the queue. Games submitted to the COG competition are given priority over games submitted after, and that's fair. Also, for the record, I have absolutely NO problem with the author of the game. We completely get along and he's edited all of the scenes in the game that I thought were too similar. (Obviously, I don't think anybody buys his bullshit of, "My friends must've read the game and told me to write those scenes," but to be fair to the poor guy, how the hell could he possibly know that I would want to publish an updated version of POF over on CoG? I actually feel kind of bad for him.) cheeky

Anyways... It's just fucking annoying. Now that his game's being published first, people are going to think that MY game is a rip-off of HIS game and it's just REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING!

And I know I said I was going to go cold turkey on Internet Forum Drama, but this doesn't count because it's not a controversial topic... (Except to that one guy djisma69 who doesn't understand what the public domain is.) cheeky

Edit: And just to clarify, the CoG staff did contact me and ask if I was okay with the game being published as it was, and I told them I was fine with it... But I said that because I thought my game would get published first! >.<

More COG related drama!

5 years ago
I'd actually noticed that thread before, I did think it was a little odd they were cramming two gladiator games into the same month.

Well unless you were planning to take the CYS version down you can always point to it if you get any dumbasses complaining that yours is the rip off.

More COG related drama!

5 years ago

Nah, HG have said that it's fine to keep the original up because the updated version is so different. (Also it'd be against the rules of the Spring Thing competition, because a part of their rules is that your original game must always be available to the public.)

The problem comes when, on GooglePlay the game starts getting a low rating, 1 star reviews and comments saying, "dis gam id jus rod to collisium IWANT MONIES BCK!!!" cheeky

More COG related drama!

5 years ago

Also, I have emailed the staff over at CoG, but since the publication date is due for today, I don't think there's really anything that can be done about it. All I've asked them is that if they're aware of (or ever become aware of) any scenes in RTTC that show striking resemblances to POF, please make me aware of it so that I can discuss it with the author and we can come to a mutual decision. (Obviously, I'm guessing they would've picked up on any scenes that were too similar and pointed them out already but, for all I know, the games could've been read by two different members of staff.)

More COG related drama!

5 years ago

Also, I managed to did up this: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/23889 which provided me with many lulz... Was it ever confirmed that the Meister_Reineke guy was Coins? If so... Then Coins, I bow before your glorious trolling abilities. Surely, there has been no equal in our life time. (Expect maybe Liquid Chris from the Chris Chan chronicles.) cheeky

More COG related drama!

5 years ago
Oh I remember that guy. No, as far as we could make out it was just some random furry from Austria with really suspicious timing. We were joking it was probably Coins in the IRC and then he got so upset at the suggestion it was worthwhile to keep going.

More COG related drama!

5 years ago

Hmm... My conspiracy theory sense are a tingling... I'm actually considering the possibility that it was the author himself. I highly doubt it was Sanjay, 'cos like I said, their argument was just "Let them discuss it civilly between themselves," not "Plagiarism... What plagiarism? Move along folks, nothing to see here!" And I'm 100% certain it wasn't djisma69, because I don't think the poor kid even has the ability to write a sentence that actually begins with a capital letter.

Also their deflection tactics of all out denial are REALLY similar. Like, "I never actually heard of this "Road to the Colosseum" game you're talking about, but I made an account today JUST so I could leave a comment to let everyone know that I think a game that is very clearly committing plagiarism isn't committing plagiarism... And then I'm going to disappear and never come back."

... And now I feel bad 'cos I said I was going to avoid internet forum drama. cheeky

Plagiarism FTW!

5 years ago
@Avery_Moore You should post those screenshots of Mary Duffy's weird as fuck reaction to you politely approaching them about this.

Plagiarism FTW!

4 years ago

I'm considering posting some screenshots... But if I do, I think I'll do that in another thread. cheeky