Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Steam

3 years ago

For the people who have Steam, I have a quick favor:

I'm trying to find fun games, but most of them cost money. If you know any kid-friendly or free games, list it here on this thread. Thank you! :]

Steam

3 years ago

Well, you really won't find many decent games on steam for free, but I can still point you in the direction of a few.  If you're into online multiplayer games, you might check out Robocraft. It was one of the first steam games I ever got, and while it's certainly not quite as good as it once was, it'll probably still hold your attention for awhile. You might also try creativerse, which is basically one of those Minecraft clones. I remember having some fun with that one when I was younger. Some smaller ones are Clicker Heros and You Have to Win The Game.  I never really got super into either of those, but I'm pretty sure they're kid friendly. Oh, and I almost forgot about Brawlhalla, which is basically Super Smash Bros but with mythology thrown in.

Those should be mostly kid friendly, but I can't make any promises because I wasn't really playing them with that in mind, and I never really got around to finishing most of them in the first place.  Either way, that should keep you busy for awhile.

Steam

3 years ago

I think you can go to the store and filter by free games too lol for one you want. That being said, not many great games are completely free on there. If you are looking for good games for kids that are cheap, I think Pajama Sam is a good series. My favorite title is "no need to hide when it's dark outside," but there are a few good ones in the series.

The creator, Humongous Entertainment, makes a lot of good games for kids. Searching for that developer should lead to some game bundles that are relatively cheap with good puzzle-games for kids. Other popular game franchises that may be in the bundles are Spy Fox, Freddy Fish, and Putt-Putt. I hope this helps!

Steam

3 years ago
Or maybe someone with more time or patience than me could walk her through installing games on her own, since there are thousands of great free games out there, and games that are "free" as well.

I sent her Renowned Explorers awhile back as a technical competence/quality of laptop test, but she got stuck immediately at "go to the file and click it twice" and then I was done lol.

Steam

3 years ago

The first edition of the puzzley adventure "We Were Here" is available on steam, but you need 2 people to play it.

Steam

3 years ago

Epic gives away free games every week - Hitman and Shadowrun right now but none are kid friendly.

Steam

3 years ago
I reckon you have a couple of hours before Endmaster notices you're back, better make the most of them.

Perhaps you can write a small storygame in this time.