Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

A maybe not so original idea

2 years ago

Hello, thought I'd throw this out there for someone to steal before my goldfish memory got the better of me. 

So anyway, the idea was that for one of the future contests the theme could be to make blend of genres. (2 to 3, or more idc) Could make for some fun and unique settings and/or mix things up. 

And if this had been done or suggested before just tell me to shut the hell up and I'll understand.  :)

2 years ago
We've had contests with mix and match prompts before, but genre is a little broad and vague. It might be interesting to try something similar with tags though, for the variety if nothing else.

Also anything like this would have to allow the author's choice, not random assignment. Most people have a couple of genres they just can't interest themselves in writing.

Also, shut the hell up.

2 years ago

Yeah, I totally agree. I basically meant tags more or less, my fault for not being specific enough. I figured it would be something like this:

Person 1: "I would like to write a story combining fantasy, grimdark, adventure and dystopia."

Person 2: "Locked"

Fast forward some time and... boom, you've got a Dark Souls plot clone that's somehow more deranged and incoherent than the original. Anyway, just thought I'd contribute a little something while I've got writer's block.

2 years ago

This is definitely a good idea.

Now shut the hell up.