Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How do you feel about Zodiac signs?

one year ago
Now, before you call me a pagan or whatever, I'll state my beliefs up front: I don't believe the stars decide our destiny or anything. If I have a newspaper I'll look up my horoscope for a lark, and I do think that they can make for a good story motif or a decent underpinning for a magic system or just neat names for a Group of Things, but nothing more than that.

I'm a Scorpio via Western astrology, and a Metal Snake by Eastern.

one year ago
I think people who actually believe in them are dumb, but that there are fun.

one year ago
Astrology is only acceptable as the purview of based ancient philosopher priests spending a lifetime charting the will of the gods written across the heavens, as an endlessly regurgitated bit of pop culture "modern witchcraft" it's beyond retarded. I'm not sure how many people casually into it actually believe in it, but any horoscopes I've ever read looked like they were made by the blandest and vaguest possible pre-AI mad libs generator, so I don't even get the "just for fun" level of appeal either.

Malk apparently had a horoscope app on his phone to help him pick up art hoes on tinder, that might be the only practical use of such a thing.

one year ago

People who genuinely believe in horoscopes are in the same level of ignorance and stupidity as old people who throw money at a televangelist. However, if you read this stuff for fun, then it's fine by me. Some of the predictions can be very funny, used to write some of them too.

one year ago

I only trust haruspicy, myself.

one year ago
Funnily enough you are not the first person I've heard of who mentioned that in response to a fortune telling method (though the previous person was talking about tarot instead).

one year ago
As a pagan, you should be ashamed of yourself for not specifying Sun is in Scorpio and not knowing what house it's in, its degree in the house, and any aspects (or lack thereof) to other celestial bodies.