Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

My thread seems to have been deleted

11 months ago
I had a thread in the Creative Corner titled Tales of Vanquera, which, from what I can tell, has been deleted. I'm wondering what reason there was to delete it. Was the most recent reply too dark/too mature in what it portrayed? If that is the case, would it not have been possible to just delete the reply itself so the rest of the thread may be preserved?

Actually, looking at it now, it appears much if not all of my contributions have been deleted. What gives?

11 months ago
Do you have any idea when this happened?

11 months ago
Within the last hour or so is when I noticed the thread disappeared. I added a reply to the forum post, checked back to see if I had garnered any feedback, and discovered that the whole forum was gone. I was confused, and so I posted this thread, only to notice that, in addition to the forum disappearing, my profile picture was reset to the default. I checked my profile and found my bio was also reset, as well as all forum posts I ever made, including those I had been commended for.

I understand if it's a glitch, old websites will do that sometimes. Not much was lost, and anything that was I already have saved elsewhere. Although, I do hope it is reversible.

11 months ago
When you say the "whole forum was gone", do you mean you clicked the link to the thread and get an error page? Or something else?

Since your profile was purged too I'm pretty sure I know what happened, but we're looking into it.

Is your storygame gone too?

11 months ago
The link to the forum returns an error page, yeah.

The storygame I had also seems to have gone, but I had little to no progress in writing it so it's not a big deal.

Thankfully I still have my storygame saves, I intend on finishing those at some point.

11 months ago
Yeah, that's whare happens when a thread is deleted but the link is still showing up as most recent in the index.

11 months ago
I'm not sure what was in the last post or whether it might have legitimately warranted deletion, but the rest was obviously overstepping and so the person who did it has been demodded (again).

None of it's gonna be recoverable, good thing you have backups.

11 months ago
I thought it was possible some curiosity might be displayed about this, but it seems we're back to the scheduled
sporadic bimonthly worldbuilding fragments devoid of context, whew! Glad this crisis is over.

11 months ago

Oh no.