Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago

New storygame. New round of torturing my iPad keyboard but this time it broke. Now when I tap it it either does not output anything or outputs double. I am now dying as I try to write on my phone (oh and I got a laptop but I broke that one's keyboard too). Have you ever experienced this and will my iPad fix itself if I give it rest? Or am I doomed to write about penguins on my phone FOREVER?

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago

People around here generally hate apple products, so you won't get much sympathy. When you say you broke the keyboard though are you talking about some external keyboard or the one that pops up on screen. If its the virtual one and its fucking up either the ipad itself is fucked or you accidentally turned on some option to make it act weird. (Happens) I guess you could turn the ipad off and restart it and see if that works.

Another solution is to buy an external keyboard to plug into the laptop and use that.

The other suggestion is stop beating up your keyboards so hard, this isn't a self abuse contest.

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago

Thank you! I express my gratitude on behalf of the keyboard

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago
There are some pretty decent writing apps that would let you type stuff on your phone and copy it over to the site with a minimum of suffering. But if you're using scripting, oof.

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago
Why don't you just write on one of the university computers.

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago

I figured he was still in high school.

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago
Oh I thought that was Ace.

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago
Burn...

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago
I wish I was as cool as StoryTurtle

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago

Voice-to-text transcription?

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago

Can't think fast enough

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago
I’ve heard that those 2000$ computer/tablets are really good for productivity. Try asking around for some cash.

I broke my iPad keyboard

10 months ago

Well, today I finally got to the bottom of this. Turns out it was the chargers' problem. Whenever I charge it with that problematic connector it does that. I have decided to write on 10% instead of writing on a super laggy keyboard. Hurray.