The Knight Order of the Golden Sun

A fantasy storygame by RNDGamer

Commended by mizal on 10/30/2019 7:10:41 PM

Player Rating6.57/8

"#47 overall, #4 for 2019"
Based on 238 ratings since 10/19/2019
Played 6,315 times (finished 198)

Story Difficulty3/8

"Trek through the forest"

Play Length6/8

"It'll be a while, better grab a Snickers®"

Maturity Level3/8

"Must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.

In the realm of knights and kings, kingdoms rise and perish. The ever-warmongering Lorimur and the over-ambitious Karadas, are both struggling for control over the entire continent. Caught in the middle of their conflict, lies the small city-state of Valinor. Because of its strategic position between its neighbors, it's caught between a rock and a hard plate. If it were to choose to maintain its Independence, its inevitable destruction would only be a matter of time. Under the constantly increasing pressure of both sides, it decides to become a vassal to Lorimur, the one most likely to win this race.

On a certain day, a group of knights send by Lorimur arrive before the city gates, they call themselves the knights of the Golden Sun. They have come here in pursuit of glory and fame. But make no mistake, they're not some common knight band, they are amongst the high and mighty. They behave like the lords of the land and countless servants and soldiers follow in their wake. Some may claim a title bought with money has no value, but they'll tell you otherwise, the current market price of a knight title is a whopping 1000 gold crowns. How could anybody call that worthless?

Some may wonder, 'Nobody has ever heard of them before. Are they here to help or to cause trouble?'

Then they'll politely answer, "Don't bother us with your silly questions and move out of the way, you filthy peasant!"

--------

Note: This is my first story and immediately a contest entry to boot! (Every random peasant could join without any consequences and I was making little progress in my real first story.) This is my entry to Corgi's contest 'The lords of the land', yes, yes, I shamelessly copied it in my description. Me and the spelling corrector have joined forces in a futile attempt to rid this story of the most obnoxious spellings-mistakes. And as you'll probably discover soon, since English isn't my native language, we failed every time there was no red line beneath the word. Although being a newbie and a non-English speaker, could be some really good excuses to get away with anything (since they're true for a chance), please tell me what you liked or hated.

Like every CYS game demands there are multiple endings, aside from a few mid-story endings, there are 7 epilogues. B, C, and D, are a win, while E, F, and G are a loss and A is the 'perfect' victory. Note that when I say 'loss' it doesn't equal a bad ending, it simply means you failed to achieve the victory condition of the story-game. Even a few short endings, can be considered a 'win', while they're not 'happy' endings.

Above all, this story is meant to entertain and shouldn't be taken too seriously, that's where the 'humor' tag is for. In case you fail to appreciate my twisted sense of humor and start wondering whether that was added by accident or not, your question has been answered.


Update: Bugfixes and spelling mistakes.

Player Comments

view more...
At_Your_Throat on 4/28/2019 9:57:59 PM with a score of 130
view more...
ninjapitka on 4/15/2019 4:34:05 PM with a score of 5
view more...
Austinc on 4/15/2019 2:11:37 PM with a score of 250
view more...
— All shall love me and be kinda on 5/22/2023 3:25:01 AM with a score of 165
view more...
21workmanma on 1/27/2023 1:18:48 PM with a score of 180
view more...
— Kempie on 6/11/2022 8:29:17 AM with a score of 185
view more...
tjp623 on 2/10/2022 3:48:17 PM with a score of 225
view more...
TheSandman on 9/2/2021 5:27:26 AM with a score of 190
view more...
The_Crypt_Keeper on 8/22/2021 11:53:01 PM with a score of 135
view more...
ugilick on 3/25/2021 12:10:28 AM with a score of 165
Show All Comments