Player Comments on Finding the Muse

I came into "Finding the Muse" thinking that it would be a linear story. What I got instead, was something surprisingly fun.

The story has you in the role of yourself as you try to think of things to do to strike your inspiration for a new CYS storygame. In order to do that, you can complete any number of actions including "Watching TV", "Exercising", or even "Viewing Facebook messages".

For the 5-6 times I played it, I ended up getting the Cake ending, without writing my story. This one is going to puzzle me for a bit. The replay-ability is relatively short, but has some good fun while it lasts.
-- AppDude27 on 9/17/2015 12:52:38 PM with a score of 89
For a short story, well-thought out, a balanced range of options to choose from. I was just a little confused about what was supposed to whether I was trying to get something different to happen when I went back to force write. But on the whole this was a lot of fun. The time element is a good addition. Thanks.
-- instruMinstrel on 5/22/2020 7:30:53 PM with a score of 109
Ingenuity is very important as a criterion for me when reviewing a story. While there are a few examples of stories based on CYS as a website, this is the best example I've seen so far and was a fun game. I'm guessing this whole idea was thought up when trying to find an idea for another story, but is a fair addition to the site in its own right.

Scripting, I think, is undervalued on CYS, so it's always good to see someone like Ogre using his abilities to make something quite unique. In my opinion, a higher rating could be achieved by a combination of quality writing and substantial plot with good scripting, but I respect that this was meant as a small game rather than a heavily scripted epic.

I only found one mistake 'along' instead of 'alone' on my mountain hike. Obviously the others were purposely put in for comedic effect, giving the whole thing a silly, enjoyable air about it.

5/8 and I look forward to reading more of your work
-- AzBaz on 7/16/2019 10:27:10 AM with a score of 78
:D Awesome! Really inspiring! It will bring you enlightenment!
-- HowdyHiHello on 5/17/2018 6:02:12 AM with a score of 109
C: nice ! (:
-- C: on 5/17/2018 5:29:52 AM with a score of 61
This was a fun way to show how hard it is to find inspiration for stories!!!
-- MusicalNerd7 on 1/4/2018 7:27:28 PM with a score of 81
I loved this story! Managed to get the Winner ending after a while, there were lots of different options and it was wonderful going through all the different routes. It was quite simple at heart too. Well done!
-- Saika on 3/12/2017 9:01:50 PM with a score of 109
Interesting...

It DID show some of the stuff I did to my own story (under process). This is more of an advice giver, than a storygame.

That being said, at least it does fulfill what it is designed and made to be. Usually, however, I look to a story which can DRAW, can keep one clicking/tapping choices and reading digital pages for a long time. And that, unfortunately, is not really found here.

Still a good concept, but I've read better. 5/8.
-- AgentX on 2/14/2017 6:26:51 AM with a score of 109
Cool.
-- Girl America on 6/28/2016 6:32:50 PM with a score of 109
The game was definitely amusing, as I didn't really do much ( drank coffee, slept, read a book, and a couple of other things) and yet still got the "Winner's Ending."
I wonder, however how doing some of the activites listed could take so long or be so short.It definitely interested me.
5/8
-- Snowflame on 1/8/2016 10:30:59 PM with a score of 103
Not bad. Personally, I don't find this to suit me. Maybe because I'm a different type of person, so I have my own way to find my muse. But good job nonetheless.
-- Raven47 on 12/1/2015 10:30:14 PM with a score of 61
I love this game! It really does have awesome tips!
-- Lifina on 12/1/2015 5:18:08 PM with a score of 109
I am curious as to how you can go to a bookstore and get back in 30 minutes.
-- jamescoker1226 on 11/4/2015 9:01:54 AM with a score of 109
I have tried so many times and still haven't gotten it! Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Well I love this idea in general, and you did a really great job on it. I don't see any grammar mistakes and but it's not a very fun game. 5/8
-- Warriorstar on 10/4/2015 12:16:22 PM with a score of 91
I was procrastinating reading this story. This story is about procrastination. Good job. Now I really feel like shit.
-- Monolo on 9/22/2015 12:39:12 AM with a score of 95
This aMUSES me! (laughs at own joke for one hour straight.) Really awesome story, I like how they are always varied and interesting.
-- corgi213 on 9/18/2015 9:30:20 PM with a score of 109
Hm, shoulda won just by drinking the Mountain Dew ;P
-- FazzTheMan on 9/18/2015 12:25:16 AM with a score of 90
I need to go back to English Clas... haha I really liked this story and I think it's a great trigger for people experiencing writer's block or just finding it difficult to get all their ideas together, maybe there should be a link to this in the Help and Info section? A really great, well planned and well thought out story/game :D
-- Will11 on 9/17/2015 7:53:00 PM with a score of 85
SO great! I love how this game works and I think it's a great idea, but why so hard?
I'm too stupid to think about what rating I would probably give it so I just chose 8/8
-Warriorstar