Life as a Dog

Player Rating2.60/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 141 ratings since
played times (finished )

"walk in the park"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"choking hazard for children under 4"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 6. To compare to the movie rating system, this would be G.

Come on sleepy head!, your brother yells, Wake up and start life! Might have copied a bit from A Dogs Life by Ann M. Martin. You'll see later, but living with Thorn is more exciting!

...This was alright, I guess. The grammar was fine, for the most part, but that's the only positive thing I can say about it. Really, this game is just boring.

The main problems I had with it were;
-The game tends to force you into decisions, especially during the "Thorn Decides to Leave You" thing. If you choose to live alone, it'll tell you that you changed your mind- and to me, this is just lazy.

-If you choose to play tag after your mother leaves, you'll be brought back to the "See the World" (I think that's what it's called? eh i dunno) page. This was, hopefully, a mistake.

In the end, this game deserves it's 3/8, and that's what I'm giving it. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not great, either. It's just sort of meh.
-- whoyougonnacall on 5/1/2016 5:12:55 PM with a score of 0
It was ok but ok OwO UwU lwl nOwOn
-- Oof on 8/23/2019 2:20:48 AM with a score of 0
i like the game
-- bella on 3/19/2018 9:22:31 PM with a score of 0
Extremely linear for the majority of the story. Being asked about whether I'm male/female near the end is just weird; you probably should have put it near the beginning, or not at all. It doesn't seem to have much of a plot or direction. 2/8.
-- crazygurl on 6/25/2017 11:51:39 PM with a score of 0
One of the things I noticed was the fact that you open you're eyes in the first page, yet, a few links later, you open them again for the first time. I really don't get this, or if I misread it, but I'm confused.
Later on, when you 'Move out', you seem to be forced to live with Thorn. It seems like it's a cheap way to publish it and continue working on that link branch. I also noticed that you had to be male to really progress much further. Add the lack of choice and description, overall, I give it a 2/8.
-- Fancy_Crowbar on 5/4/2017 11:55:57 AM with a score of 0
more fun than old homework
-- julie on 3/20/2017 9:29:30 PM with a score of 0
A cute storygame. Short and simple, but I don't think you understnad how dogs work. I sense that you may have taken some inspiration from Warriors with this story but usually puppies in a litter have very similar coloring; plus green eyed dogs are either non-existent or extremely rare.
-- AmazingSeastar on 2/17/2017 5:01:56 AM with a score of 0
I didn't like how you made it dramatic for the boy but not for the girl it was a bit unfair don't you think
-- ana on 11/26/2016 12:40:25 AM with a score of 0
it's pretty awesome and well written
-- keno351 on 3/15/2016 3:54:48 PM with a score of 0
its ok but boring the plot goes too fast and really needs improvement
-- person on 1/14/2016 7:17:12 PM with a score of 0