Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Moon landing

5 years ago

This piece is a speech I planned out a while ago but never ended up writing. The points discussed in it may not reflect my actual ideas on the moon landing, I just thought it would be a bit of fun.

‘One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind’. We’ve all heard this before. It was July 20th, 1969. What a day and what an achievement- the first and only time mankind has landed on the moon. 600 million people gathered around their radios, televisions and whatever they could find to watch this historic event- some even booked themselves into hotels to get access to a TV. That’s just how amazing it was. The effect in America was overwhelming- Americans were instilled with nationalism and pride in their country like never before, kids had dreams to aspire towards and overall it was just very uplifting to see hopes and dreams being fulfilled, the impossible finally seemed possible, a world of opportunities opened, and space travel seemed so much more attainable there would be new worlds to discover, new technology- AND

It was all fake. 

Have you ever wondered why no one has ever been back in 49 years? I’ll tell you why- because it’s impossible. The footage of the moon landing is undeniably fake, as well as many points about how it is physically impossible to travel to the moon and of course how the Americans just wanted plain old fame and to beat their Russian rivals. 

If you went to the moon, you would need video footage to prove it wouldn’t you? Exactly what the crew of Apollo 11 thought. However, they should have spent more time editing their video footage as it is clearly fake. Let me tell you just three of the many mistakes they made in their fake footage. 1: That proud moment when the American flag was planted and fluttered gently in the breeze……. That’s impossible. How could the flag flutter in the breeze if there isn’t any air, meaning no wind? 2: People noticed in the moon footage there was a perfect letter C on a rock. It seems exactly like what a film crew would do to label their props. NASA tried to cover this up by saying it was a stray hair…… no one had ever been to the moon before them, and how could hair escape those humongous space suits? Finally, In the footage of Neil Armstrong walking on the moon, you can see clear footprints left in the ground. The Apollo crew described the surface of the moon “Like talcum powder or wet sand”. If that is true, you would think the rocket ship landing on the moon would create a massive impact on the ground, just like the footprints. Instead no impact at all could be spotted around the ship, which came off as a little strange. 

All this evidence of fake footage clearly shows that the video was fake, but they still could’ve gone to the moon and just recorded on Earth so they had proof, right? No. There are many reasons why travelling to the moon is impossible such as the Van Allen Radiation belt held in place above Earth by its magnetic field. The Apollo missions marked the first and only attempts to transport humans through it. Even with the layers of metal protecting the astronauts they still should have been cooked. NASA has once tried to send a German Shepard through this belt, but the poor dog ended up getting cooked to pieces. It is also a bit strange that way back in the 60s NASA were able to build a top class rocket that somehow did the impossible. Today we have amazing technology like facial recognition, electric cars, internet, nanotechnology and cloning but somehow with all these advances we haven’t managed to go back? 

Now, if you’re anything like me your next question will be why? What was NASA’s motive? Well, after World War 2 both the Soviets and the Americans hired top rocket scientists and the Space Race began. The Russians won everything- put the first satellite into orbit, got the first man into space and got the first man to orbit the Earth. The Americans were embarrassed at being so far behind of their rivals and worked extra hard to earn the achievement of being the first on the moon. They were so far behind the Russians in the Space Race, yet somehow they managed to beat them to the moon. It seems a bit unlikely to me for them to win all that fame and glory after the Russians achieved everything else before them. They were just desperate to beat them and faked it all. The ‘successful’ mission, Apollo 11 came after 9 deaths of American astronauts in the previous attempts. 9 lives lost certainly isn’t something to be proud of, as well as billions of dollars in rocket equipment. Finally achieving something from these severe downfalls would be a an efficient way of switching public opinion on NASA and bring positive media attention. And I must say, it worked.  Also, if the Russians were so close why haven’t made it to the moon either. Hmmm maybe because you can’t. No-one has. That’s one small step for a man, one giant lie for mankind.

Moon landing

5 years ago

Edgy. Although I don't think your arguments are convincing. It's not "physically impossible" for us to travel to the moon. Maybe if you argued it was impossible with the tech they had in the 60s. I just don't think your position has strong evidence to support it. Cool way to change a famous line though. Do you listen to Eddie Bravo?

Moon landing

5 years ago

No, never heard of him. I just have a love of conspiracy theories. On the physically impossible note I guess my research was wrong, oops. Thank you for your feedback, it is really appreciated :)

Moon landing

5 years ago

No problem. For a persuasive speech, this topic in particular relies heavily on ethos. I think every conspiracy theory should be built upon that mode. We don't know if you're a well-read astronomy grad or the crazy guy sitting outside McDonalds. Some might think a logical approach would be better, but without establishing credibility the "facts" fall short, which is what happened here. 

Moon landing

5 years ago

Ah, makes sense. So if I had quoted some astronomer, it would improve my argument? 

Moon landing

5 years ago

Maybe not some astronomer, but a credible, acclaimed astronomer or astrophysicist on your side would certainly help. 

Moon landing

5 years ago
Sort of an essay, so it's a bit difficult to analyze for its writing merits. The tone though was a bit cocky/smug, so it wouldn't help with audience sympathy. Sentences should start with numbers (Six hundred instead of 600). No-one is more commonly no one as well. Your use of ellipsis was a bit strange too if this's supposed to be analyzed as an essay instead of a speech.

Moon landing

5 years ago

I was kind of writing it as a speech hence the.... You’re right I probably should’ve changed that. I didn’t know about the not starting sentences with numbers, thanks for pointing that out I’ll make sure to remember that. I tried to write it in a tone that suggested I was right, but perhaps too much I guess. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review this! 

Moon landing

5 years ago

My comment would be similar to ninja's. You structured this well and didn't make any formal errors, so as far as writing goes it's a good piece. The content itself has some shortcomings (like many other conspiracy theories) but I wasn't really reading this to convince myself of something. Just FYI, there have been other Apollo manned moon landings after that, Apollo 11 isn't "the only time mankind has landed on the moon."

Moon landing

5 years ago

Oh dear,  guess my research was really off then yikes. I’ll make sure to cross check my sources in the future. Thanks for the positive comments and the review I really appreciate your feedback.

Moon landing

5 years ago
I've already read up a bit on the subject, so this obviously failed to convince me. But, even if I didn't know anything at all about the landings on the moon before now, it would've still failed. For example, for the flag it wouldn't be easy to figure out that it obviously couldn't have kept completely still while moved. And since there's no air to offer resistance, it'd continue moving for a longer time. And the letter C is more likely to be a coincidence. I can't really look for such things in movies, but was such a thing ever spotted somewhere else? Seems like they wouldn't lable them like that, too likely to show the lable by mistake. It's just not very convincing, is what I'm saying.

The text itself didn't have any noticeable grammar mistakes, other than the numbers thing. I imagine such a huge thing as "Guys! We were actually never on the damn moon!" would need much more arguments than what you've written here, but I'm glad you didn't add them. Less trash to read.

You also didn't do anything new. You didn't bring up any new argument that people didn't think of before. There was nothing unique about the way you presented your arguments. The only thing of note is the last sentence, although that might not be new either.

Lastly, while I'm 99% sure you don't actually believe in this shit yourself, I'm just gonna put this here, just in case..

Moon landing

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your feedback, I agree completely. I did find it quite hard to write this due to the fact that it is obviously all wrong hence why it probably came off so weak to you. Also, I did come up with that last sentance myself, just thought I’d claim that.