Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Hi guys,

am used to choiceofgames.com and started The Price Of Freedom: Innocence Lost on this site today.

Am not used to the navigation but figured out how to save and load.
But whenever I gain reputation or attributes, I have absolutely no clue where to look them up. At COG it was just a simple button click away. Am I blind?!

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Cheers,

BF

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Briar_Rose, the author of Price of Freedom, did not include any way to view your stats and relationships, sadly.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Enjoy your stay.

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Thanks for the quick feedback. Then I will go with my guts, that's an approach I did not take for a while. Should be refreshing :)

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

You're welcome. If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

You could just type them out to keep track if you're that interested in meta gaming...

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

I don't believe that's necessarily meta-gaming. Metagaming, as commonly defined, is is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed rule set, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Briar tells you the values by which your stats increase or decrease, so it's fairly obvious that she wants you to keep up with them. Of course, she doesn't tell you what values you need to yield certain results. But you, as a player, know that these stats and relationship values will have an affect on the game. Therefore, by keeping track of these values, you are not going outside of a prescribed set of rules or using outside factors to influence the outcome of the game.

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Notepad / wordpad is technically an "outside factor"! xD

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Well, it allows you to play the game more efficiently, but you could easily do the same thing without notepad or wordpad. The knowledge was made available to you. Now, if you somehow managed to get ahold of Briar's cheat-sheet listing the values required to make certain events happen and used that in conjuction with your knowledge of said values, you would be using an "outside factor" and therefore metagaming.

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Well,

this developed into an unforeseen discussion, which, to a certain extend, is quite interesting!

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Sorry, man, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Thank you, I am quite sure I will :)

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago
Welcome, enjoy your stay. Am I deaf?

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Yes. For, Ford, you frod, that is another four letter word, just like the word four, and the word, word. 

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago
*makes three new accounts w/ four-letter usernames*

Hi and ingame stats

9 years ago

Welcome. I'm a bit late, but it's the thought that counts, right? So, hi! >_< I think your question has already been answered, so I'll just leave it at this.