Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Five Nights at Freddie's 2?

9 years ago

So, the robot furries are back, and this time the artists made them far too kawaii to be scary anymore. They tried making Chica creepy by making her go beakless at night and taking out her eyes, but that just makes her look even sillier. Of course, the old guys are still there, and extra demonic, but they're pretty much harmless now that you have a damn bear mask, so there goes all the scariness. I just really do not like these new versions, they aren't creepy anymore and so you aren't scared until the jumpscare, and that only lasts a few seconds.

SERIOUSLY, WHAT KIND OF STUPID DID IT TAKE TO THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO PUT CHICA ON A HARDCORE DIET AND GIVE HER PINK PANTIES ANYWAY!? Hasn't her fanart been wanked to by incredibly disturbed furries enough already!? I liked her better when she had a huge appetite (presumably for human flesh) eyeliner problems, and horrifying eyebrows. And they were horrifying eyebrows, there should be more monsters out there with eyebrows these days, because she was scarier then than all the rest of the animals on the damn Ark. There may be some out there who believe it's scarier to just not have a face, but if you do faces right, for example, that horrible eye thing that Chica had going on, you can totally make some people shit themselves.

But alas, I guess the game has more going for it gameplay-wise than the last one, so there's that. If you want a more terrifying game, then the first one, all the damn way. Everything about it is worse, from the grungy office to the Cold War architecture. This new one is only scarier if you have a fear of bright colors or think that two Foxies are twice as bad as one. (They're really not too bad, one's just a Silent Hill monster, the other's the same old shit but with less curtains and death-staring, and I've only ever had to deal with one at a time.) But if you want a more challenging game, then you should definitely play the second game. What are your thoughts?

9 years ago

I downloaded the original a few weeks ago to see what the fuss was, and I didn't really get into the game. I think I would have been more into it if my character had to walk around the pizza place and avoid the furries that way rather than just sitting in one place clicking buttons.

Don't have any desire to try out the sequel.

9 years ago

Meh, it's too difficult to script a move-around game without Unity, which sucks generally. Although moving around, unless it's between saferooms, would probably be too much like every horror game ever.

9 years ago

Apparently the second game is a prequel since it takes place in 1987. After all the animatronic mayhem during the events of the second game, the corporation closed its doors to restructure with a smaller budget and they only kept all the old models. (which leads to the events of the first game)

Really I sort of find the small storyline they added a lot more interesting than the game itself.

9 years ago

Well, that explains why the Phone Guy is still alive in the second game. I was deeply confused by that bit... The fun of the storyline really comes from drawing your own conclusions from hints in the game, and then arguing about it with other players on the wiki forum... Damn, I need myself a wikia account...

9 years ago

See the game wasn't that scary to me until I watched this gem of an episode.

9 years ago

The inspiration makes the game far more creepy in my book.

9 years ago

I think real stories tend to hold a special type of fear factor compared to fictional ones.

9 years ago

I'll be honest, when I heard the word "Endo-skeleton" I thought of this song:

And here's one about Five Night's at Freddy's (By the same guy) that has to much auto-tune in the singer's voice, but it's pretty catchy:

9 years ago

I'm so tired right now that I can't even see the links.

9 years ago

Just click the black boxes. The one on the bottom for song 2, and the one one top for song 1.

9 years ago
Why make them so small? xD

9 years ago

FOR REASONS.

9 years ago

Yes, I agree. Animal-hybrids should be well-fed. It's better when they're a little chubby. *drool*

9 years ago

Hey, that only applies to fox girls with warm, non-mechanical bodies! Chica was just a lot scarier when she was a fatass, and it didn't seem to stop the fan artists from using the old hand-operated vagina anyway.

9 years ago

I've got a gif that pretty much sums up the whole game:

9 years ago

I went to Showbiz Pizza back in the day (before they all became Chuck E. Cheese which I never went to since the showbiz places were closer) mainly because they had sizable arcades which had a wide variety of games, but I don't even think I even ever ate the food at those places.

Just played the video games there and I certainly never wanted to hang around those animatronic things since they always looked creepy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qDHNBdkPS7c

9 years ago

Jesus Christ that was creepy...

9 years ago

Oh hell yeah. My friend (Who I am not telling his name for security reasons.) let me play the FNaF2 demo, and holy shit is it creepy. You got about 5 new characters, inclulding the old characters combined attacking you WITH NO DOORS!?!?!?? It's a really creepy and fun game for sure.

9 years ago

I was talking about the Showbiz pizza place. That's gonna give me nightmares for a while...

9 years ago

The commercials weren't much better…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHXuf-xH6vQ

9 years ago

Wow...