Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

A pantless rant thread from me

9 years ago

So some of you might know that every six months or so I rant about somthing. I'm generally an easy going guy but certain things just set me off.

So at Christmas I got Dragon Age: Inquisition. I know there have been mixed reviews of it, but I've been loving it as a way to relax after work etc. yesterday I was obviously off and between doing other things I put in some solid hours playing it as I knew I was back working today and didn't expect to get on much at all this week. I am a completionist so a lot of the time was on side quests, levelling chars and completing fiddly bits like running over every inch of the maps to uncover every secret and collect resources etc.

Turns out this evening I get an hour free so I think, "well over the weekend I tied up all loose ends, finished all available side quests and world map missions so today I'll just chill, follow the latest unlocked story line and explore the newly unlocked area. A fun chilled out hour to myself."

So of course I log in and hit continue only to find myself in the wrong place. "That's wierd, it's loaded the wrong save." I think and head to the load menu. 

Yup, all my latest saves gone. The auto saves and manual saves all vanished and I'm back to where I was hours of gameplay ago. All the fiddly hits, exploring of two entire maps and resource collection, char levels and gear I crafted and found gone.

I then spent 40 mins trying to recover my saves to find that this does not seem to be an unusual issue and many people are loosing saves and entire games.

My time to chill out has been spent pissed off at the game and now I don't even feel like playing it any more.

Rant over

A pointless rant thread from me

9 years ago

STOP

MAKING

RANT THREADS!

9 years ago

Also Drako's face angers me

9 years ago

That's a face?  O_O

It always looked like empty, steaming pants to me.

9 years ago

lol what face?

9 years ago

He posted his face once on Imgur and gave us links, and then took it down after Bo said he looked like a gas-station-lurker ant Tan said he had a Jewish nose.

9 years ago

Oh my god no!  

This is awful!  (Totally serious btw.)

I had the no party banter bug, and I tried to just quit and go play another game, but I kept coming back to it, and I finally got some banter.  & now it might suddenly disappear?!

Banter bug was like that too- lots of ppl reporting it, bio ware insisting it wasn't a bug.

9 years ago

D:

Oh yeah, i'd just quit the game and start it again, like, a year later if that happened to me.

(By that time my rage will have subsided and there will probably be a patch for the bug).

9 years ago

Wow sorry about that. Know what its like to lose hours of work like that. My brother got pissed at me once and deleted all my Skyrim saves, four days worth of work wasted.

9 years ago

Sounds like the time my Mass Effect 2 file become corrupted, and I lost twelve hours of progress....

That took a bit of time to fix. 

9 years ago

Thanks for the commiseration guys, but I'm less angry now and will play again tomorrow to get back my progress lol

9 years ago

I wish I knew how to quit you, Dragon Age. . .

9 years ago

... xD

Just take the movie's advice, one of you must be destroyed. :P

9 years ago

Nah. I think the movie's advice is to just go ahead and admit you love Dragon Age.  XD

9 years ago

xD ... And then destroy one of you? (I've never seen the movie, so I don't know much about the plot, but yes, I'm joking. xD)

9 years ago

Actually the game would have to be destroyed by angry DA haters with a tire iron first THEN you admit you love it by carrying around the empty box the disc came in.

The only major loss of game progress I had in recent years was GTA 5. I'd gotten as far as planning the first heist playing as Trevor and then the next time I was trying to use the PS3 it started acting up and didn't even want to turn on properly.

Eventually I managed to get it to work right, but it had completely reset and all the progress or game data that was saved on the PS3 was gone. Fortunately GTA 5 was the only game at the time that I was playing.

Oddly I wasn't really angry about it, but I didn't really have any desire to immediately go back and replay stuff. I thought I'd eventually get around to playing it again at some point, but time passed and I realized I wasn't going to get back to it any time soon, so I traded it away.

9 years ago

Also, everything would be better without Dorian/Jake Gyllenhall's stupid mustache.

9 years ago

good luck, ha ha. 

A pantless rant thread from me

9 years ago

Hm... I remember one time I got a new computer, and when I installed Fallout 3, I apparently forgot to sync my save files with Steam Cloud, and all of that 32 MOTHERFUCKING HOURS OF WORK... WAS JUST FUCKING GONE! Seriously, I played that game so fucking much there wasn't a stone unturned on the map! And it was all just... Gone! So I had to do all that shit over again, just because Steam Cloud wouldn't work.

#FuckTheWorld