Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Hello everyone, I usually go by a different name, But I've chosen this one for certain circumstances.

Sooo.. I am going to be honest with you, I am not a bad writer (But I am no Tolkein), I like games a lot, and I had my account here for a while, but never quite did much with it except reading games, looking at posts and so on.

I was redirected here by my friend, you may know him, his name's GrottyStatute74, though he doesn't visit this anymore.

Hopefully we all get along, and I don't get left behind, as it happens often... And yeah, hopefully we can be buds!

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Hello, nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy yourself here at CYS.

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Welcome to CYS.

Lots of stuff to do here. Play games, make one of your own!, play in the forum games (though for the time being it's not very active for certain reasons), Duel, chat, debate, brush up on vocabulary and/or increase it, ect.

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Thanks... Is there anything special I should know?

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Well there's a ranking system too. In your profile page at the very top it will say ''Ronhil12, the reader" The reader is the lowest ranking. You can increase your ranking by accumulating XP. You can gain XP by making games, dueling, rating, ect.

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago
Welcome.

I remember your friend...

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Welcome. Do you happen to know if Grotty has finished his game?

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

I? am not sure, I haven't talked to him on this theme for a while. I know that he wrote a few storys, not much else... then come to think of it, I don't know why he quit anyways...

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

I'll assume you're a dude. S'up, dude! :P Welcome to CYS! Please, leave your shoes by the front door. We can't have the blood-soaked carpet getting dirty now can we? 

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Right,

*Takes off shoes*

Sorry, I thought the carpet would be changed, because, you know.... blood.

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Welcome~

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago
Hi there. Welcome to the site.

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

I got about 2 000 words into my story, and I'm nearing the end of my first chapter... Is that good?

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Well it's better than what I've done, so I'd say it's as good a place to start as any! XD

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Numbers of words mean nothing, really.  It's more about the number of pages you provide that give meaningful pathing.

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

Well, currently it's about 17 pages. I think that 3.000 words sounds more powerful than 16 pages. I'm ending chapter 2, here's the link to it, if you wanna check it out:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1icWWncnGQ4X3VSV3Y1UEFYZW8/view?usp=sharing?

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago
Welcome!

Hi! I am new...

8 years ago

A bit late, I know, but welcome to the site! If you have any questions, feel free to ask--and the articles in the Help & Info are a good read if you haven't yet. Also, I just started hosting some writing exercises in the writing workshop if you'd like to practice your skills before publishing.