Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Who would Win? Geralt of Rivia or The Dragonborn

8 years ago

I want to see what your thoughts would be on this match up? Also add proof why said person would win.

8 years ago

I think it's pretty clear the Dragonborn would win. This isn't even a contest.

You'd be better off pitting the Dragonborn against the Courier.

8 years ago

Paladin Danse is Miraak. 

8 years ago

Paladin Dense*

8 years ago

8 years ago

I... I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend the whole complete Fallout audience (including myself) by posting that... Can I be anyhow forgiven?

8 years ago

Dragonborn would win easy period.

8 years ago

Don't necro again!

8 years ago

I didn't necro because the thread was only 7 hours old when i posted dude. I know the 24 hour rule. 

8 years ago

The Dragonborn levels up indefinitely, and basically reaches Batman-level overpoweredness in just 30 levels. Geralt has a hard time throughout the whole game and I think a lot of things he does have caps.

You'd be much better pitting him against the Chosen Undead or Dark Souls.

8 years ago

I'm wondering if Ciri would be a good match for the Dragonborn. She's got all those godlike powers like dimension hopping and that little teleport blink thing she does.

8 years ago

Possibly. Yet The DB's armor would be an advantage she might not overcome. Daedric is basiacilly godlike

8 years ago
The Dragonborn. Geralt can only use his swords so the Dragonborn has the advantage - they can use bows, magic, stealth, hybrid, etc. It wouldn't even be a competition.

8 years ago

Geralt also has signs, a crossbow, bombs and potions. 

8 years ago

The Dragonborn can just shout someone to death though.

8 years ago

Have you tried that? I know Ulfric made it sound easy, but that shit just doesn't do enough damage to totally finish someone. Unless you're coming after an unarmored peasant or fighting on the edge of a cliff, it just isn't a very practical way to go about killing someone, what with the long recharge rates and shit. Shouts are best for maiming someone's shit or making someone completely unable to defend themselves properly, shouting someone to death is best left for things like assassinating Narfi, and I get the feeling that Geralt is a lot tougher than Narfi.

I will say, though, most of the dragon shouts are more powerful than any of the signs Geralt has, at least at the first level, and they stay that way until Geralt can max them out.

8 years ago

Some of the best moments ofSkyrim were disarming people with shouts and then beheading them. 

8 years ago

The thing is, though, if Geralt put a lot of points into the Jedi mind tricks he does, the Dragonborn could well be fucked, since (s)he has no specific intelligence/willpower stat to speak of, and thus no defined limit as to whether he would just stun them, force them to do shit, or straight-up control their mind.

Then again, I don't know enough about the Witcher's expansive-as-fuck lore, or the game in question, to know whether willpower or intelligence even factor into how one resists Axii, but I think willpower is what determines all the resistances to a lot of the Dragonborn's similar spells, since there just don't seem to be any illusion spells that work on warriors hardened past level 30.

8 years ago

I don't think Geralt has a level cap in W3. 

8 years ago

Even so, unless the Dragonborn spends all his time making potions and lockpicking, his combat power curve is drastically steeper than Geralt's.

8 years ago

As long as Geralt doesn't miss a combo, I think he has a chance.

8 years ago

It would have to be the Dragonborn so long as you are talking Mid or End game levels.

By just after the middle section of the game the dragonborn can have armour that makes him all but invincible, I maxed out my blacksmithing and enchanting so I had dragon bone armour with stats WAY past anything sane (a cycle of potions and blacksmithing and enchanting equipment meant you could have several hundred percent bonus to the stats etc. when making and double enchanting the armour and weapons.) My companion was full daedric armour and either of us could stand in front of a dragon and punch it to death before we would die.

Linked with weapons as OP as the armour means the dragonborn has a massive damage reductions and dealt advantage. bow and crossbow would cancel out however the dragonborn can massively overcraft the bow to do way more damage so again it wins. the range of magic I'd say gives advantage to the dragonborn again. Adding in the Shouts (Go third level and call in a dragon or massive storm, disarm might not work so just blast them into a wall and off their feet so you can wail on them on the ground?)

So overall I have no idea how Geralt would compare, just outmatched by the system letting the dragonborn become basically an immortal who could kill dragons with one or two hits from a handaxe.

Early level might be a different story however, catch it before the dragonborn runs away with the highly abusable systems...

8 years ago

I really need to play Witcher ^_^

8 years ago

The Witcher's amazin'. Best game of 2015, in my opinion (with which many many agree). So yeah, everyone needs to play it. Everyone...

8 years ago

Just completed the Heart of Stone expansion recently. Definitely a good addition. Looking forward to the Blood and Wine expansion.

8 years ago

Yeah, I completed it last month... Is it just me doing something with my computer, or have they actually improved the graphics on it and the performance on AMD

8 years ago

So pissed I can't play it until april. :(

8 years ago

I meant the first one cheeky