Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

Newbie here, but working on my first story, Paranormal Beginnings (eh still working on the title). Its going to be a prequel to this paranormal investigator series I'm working on as a whole if enough people are interested. Because the main character\reader in Paranormal Beginnings is a child, it will be less of a 'detective' story and more of a survival horror type of game. Anyway, I want to get the public's opinion before getting started. Don't want to put a lot of time and energy into something nobody wants to read lol. So, what do you guys think? Is this a good idea, or a boring cliche story that's been done too many times before? 

Opinions Needed

8 years ago
Ideas barely even matter. What matters is your execution of said idea. Even an idea that is normally boring and cliche can be great if done right.

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

That's very true. Thanks so much for your input :) Hopefully, I can manage to pull it off.

Opinions Needed

8 years ago
Let your writing speak for itself. If the writing is good, people will enjoy the story. You write for you. No one else.

Now if you have questions about the logical flow, suspension of disbelief, or have a page typed up and you want general feeback on imagery, characterization, story questions, etc., those are good questions to seek public opinion and feedback on, since it can be difficult at times to separate what you, as the author, know about the story, and what your words are actually conveying.

Beginning + Rising Action + Climax + Resolution + Good Writing = A story that will be generally enjoyed by a target audience. So spend your time focusing on your plot, characters and quality of writing, not what people think about your idea. Every story has already been written anyway, we simply tell them with a new set of words.

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

Well there's not really enough here to judge it on. Wait, how is it a prequel if it's coming out before the game starts? Isn't that just the start of a series?

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm working on a page that I'll post later for people to give their opinions on. Also, you're right. I was writing the story out of sequence before deciding to go back that I ended up getting confused. Thanks for commenting and correcting me :)

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

Your profile picture disturbs me, change it please.

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

xD Not a marvel fan?

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

Or maybe he's so much of a marvel fan that he can't bear to think of Loki that way. XD

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

... But he turns blue in the movie.

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

Yeah, but he's not happy about it.

Opinions Needed

8 years ago

From his words in the scene, he was just pissed off about being lied to and used.