Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Large website looking for writers of game stories!

7 years ago

Hi there,

My name is Shai and my company has 3 content sites in 3 languages (www.ba-bamail.com, todo-mail.com, tudoporemail.com.br).

I really love the stories here and I'd love to feature some new stories on my websites (we can translate). I was interested to know if there are writers here who are interested in a larger reading audience with full credits. If you're interested and want to know more PM me or post here. (Looking for family-friendly, short adventure stories).

Kind Regards,

Shai Kuritzky

www.ba-bamail.com

7 years ago

But... we've already got a website for writers of game stories. 

7 years ago

But... What the kid above me said.

7 years ago

Does this make me an oldster, remembering 2 previous "Please come write books for me, and for peanuts" fly-by-night operations?

7 years ago

Headlines for most of the stuff on there remind of the "Doctors are angry at this new weight loss pill."

7 years ago
CYS is fine for me in the next few (or more) years. I would love to write you guys a story, but the things my stories are based on aren't the most family friendly types. Adventure? Nope! Short? Not really!

Isn't advertising for another website like this against the rules or should be? I don't think this is allowed...

EDIT: I checked out their website and it looks like a ripped off version of buzzfeed. At this point, I don't quite trust these guys...

7 years ago
every click bait website looks like a ripped off version of buzzfeed because buzzfeed is a popular click bait website

7 years ago

I don't write family-friendly xD

7 years ago

Hey,

Sorry for the double profile I had password issues. We're just a website guys, yea we cater to older people with a lot of different interests. I can see this isn't your thing. I just know some writers like to take on different challenges and get to other audiences.

But again, it's not your thing, that's cool, didn't come to be a dick to anyone. Have a good one.

Cheers,

(P.S - To the guy who called me shady lol. Is being Israeli shady? What you saw online is me perhaps looking for an Israeli worker, that's why it's hebrew. (Shai is pronounced like shy). I do hire writers full time but only when they are local. If you guys are in Malta or Israel you can send me an email.

7 years ago
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything and I have nothing against Israel or Israeli's. When I was calling you 'fishy', I was referring to your website which had a very strong resemblance to Buzzfeed. Again, I am sorry that I offended you but you can't be advertising websites on this community. It's just wrong. As you can see, the community doesn't like it. I'll take down the double-edit if you want. I know what I said there was badly written and prone to misunderstanding.

7 years ago
You just know you cannot doubt the legitimacy of a website when a representative immediately uses the good old fashioned time tested race card (then again, technically it isn't race) defense. :P Ah, still totally besides the point since Doom's post didn't have anything pertaining to Israel and such, like wut?

7 years ago
He probably thought that I hate Israel because I put 'Hebrew' and 'Fishy' in the same sentence.
But, THB, I dunno. ¯\_(?)_/¯

7 years ago
Bleh, I don't know anymore when it comes to these suspicious offer things.

7 years ago

Did you? I thought it was only in the same paragraph. Maybe it was in the same part of a similarly-shaped paragraph, but I can't remember for sure.

7 years ago
I can't remember myself! :p

7 years ago

Look it wasn't really a job offer more like a collaboration, I get writing from you and you get to appeal to a larger audience. Strictly so. 

About the Israeli thing I'm really not offended :) I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it. You saying the Hebrew was shady sounded a bit like the shit I get a lot online from others. 

Anyway guys it's all good and have a good week, month etc. 

Shai