Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

Does anyone remember the 1999 movie, "Mystery Men"?

It was... weird. It still seems to have quite a cult following. I remember watching it on a local channel years ago on a saturday morning. I thought it was hilarious (keep in mind I was a twelve year old snorting down cheerios at the time), but here's the weird part; I still think it's one of Ben Stiller's best performances.

To those who actually do remember the movie, what were your thoughts on it?

Mystery Men

7 years ago
No.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

I think it was okay.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

I thought it was okay, but could have been better. It’s one of those movies that isn’t terrible, but it doesn’t quite hit the mark for various reasons so it’s just horribly mediocre.

Didn’t realize it had a cult following though.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

fairly big one.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

Twelve and snorting cheerios?

Mystery Men

7 years ago

Don't you judge me!

Mystery Men

7 years ago

Nice. Same as me, but we did it with crushed smarties.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

N-not actually snorting it, Zag! When I said snorting, I meant that annoying thing where a kid snorts while laughing and the food in their mouth just flies into their sinus cavity completely unchewed!

That smartie thing can give you respiratory illness! sad

Mystery Men

7 years ago

It's not like I did it a lot. If fact, it was more like 4th to 5th grade.

Just for laughs and giggles. I'd never do anything like that now. No need to fret, sweetheart.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

I snorted sherbet as a dare.

It didn't end well.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

Due to a lack of care for what happens to myself when doing practical jokes, I tend to do a lot of stupid things. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. This includes snorting ground-up chalk for some reason. It hurts, if you're wondering.

Mystery Men

7 years ago

I feel like it was a movie which was just a little too late to make fun of the 90's comic movies like Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, and too early to make fun of those early modern movies like the original X-Men and Spider-Man. Ben Stiller as a weird version of Wolverine was funny though, and I recall William H Macy and a black guy who could turn invisible but only when others weren't looking?

Mystery Men

7 years ago

I remember it as the movie (well, if you don't count the other one) that had Smash Mouth's 'All Star' in it. The music video for the song even featured some of the characters from the movie.