Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 1/19/2017: This should be fixed

Unpublished Stories Not Accessible through My Stuf

7 years ago
The following error is generated on game links to Unpublished Games in My Stuff - though the Edit Link still works.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.Stories.RatingLevelBlock.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E67596\Src\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\Stories\StoryOverviewPage.cs:203
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +149
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +245
ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.Stories.StoryGameSideBar.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E67596\Src\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\Stories\StoryOverviewPage.cs:271
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +149
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +245
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +393
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48
ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.CysPageBase.RenderBodyContent1(HtmlTextWriter writer) in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E67596\Src\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\CysPageBase.cs:665
ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.CysPageBase.Render1(HtmlTextWriter writer) in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E67596\Src\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\CysPageBase.cs:640
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5362

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.36365

7 years ago

Uh oh! Thanks. That's really bad on my part. Will be fixed next update.

7 years ago
Clarification: the problem only occurs on links to Unpublished games.

The links to Published games in My Stuff still work.

7 years ago

It's because they don't have popularity adjusted ratings because they don't belong to the right table. Will be fixed next update.

7 years ago
You can still play-test with the new "Preview" button, just can't view the game description page.  Just in case anyone might see this and mistakenly think that they can't view their game without publishing.

7 years ago
Just in case some people don't know, you are unable to sneak preview story games. The same error would appear. I wrote this just in case people were asked to proofread contest entries or simply to sneak peak a story during it development.