Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Letters from other languages

7 years ago

Hey guys, so I'm trying to make a cool looking arcane language for my story by using characters from other languages and forming them into neat coherent sentences, I hit a problem though, I can't use letters from other languages

7 years ago
If you can't, then just don't. Making up a intire new language with it's own words for everything, rules and such is not easy, anyway. Sure, you could also just make up some cool sounding words and pretend you have a language, but that is not a language, just making up words.

7 years ago

You know that song "In the arms of an angel" thats how I feel right now

7 years ago

I was trying to explain how to get other keyboards but as soon as I posted it, the Hebrew I wrote became question marks. Maybe it's just impossible?

7 years ago

Just so you know, Japanese characters, Hebrew, basically anything other than this, is pretty hard to achieve. I asked if it was going to be tackled in the future, but it seems like it won't.

7 years ago

You can, you just need to convert them into HTML entities, a format the site can understand. Basically, you just run it through this tool and paste it into the source side of the rich text editor (or just disable the rich text editor).

7 years ago
I don't usually need complicated ones so I always reference https://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/charref

7 years ago

I'll try it

7 years ago
Can't you just change to a fancy font or something?

7 years ago

There are some letters from Russian and Japanese that look really sweet I want it too look arcanic but at the same time be understandable not that fancy font isn't understandable I just feel like its cool/arcanic looking enough needs to be like 20% cooler

7 years ago

Isn't*

7 years ago

Unitological script is my go-to. 

7 years ago

I'll check it out