Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Victim Failing At Reading Comprehension

4 years ago

Here's one on Ground Zero.

Why is my character forced to feel bad about a couple of faggots being thrown out of the shelter? 1/8
-- Victim on 4/14/2019 12:47:57 AM

4 years ago

Considering all the whining comments I’ve gotten about the story being “homophobic” it’s unsurprising that some idiot would do the opposite and bitch about the story being too LGBT friendly. 

Then again Victim tends to fail at reading comprehension like a fucktard most of the time anyway. Lol

4 years ago

I most certainly do not fail at reading comprehension. When the two faggots are about to be exiled from the community shelter, my character is the only one who tries to stop it and says it “ain’t fucking right”. Now, where do you get off deciding what my character thinks is or isn’t right?

4 years ago
If you expect every character to be an exact copy of you, then why aren't you complaining about him having a dick?

4 years ago
Lol.
And I'm glad you locked that.

4 years ago

Lol, always great to lock the moments where Victim is being a fucktard as usual.

Not sure why people thought I was going to ban him for this though.

4 years ago

Hm? I don’t see anyone who thought you were going to ban me.

4 years ago
Great news everyone! We get to have this discussion again! The tired and worn out one with the obvious thing that's only necessary to explain to CoGites and small autistic children who can't separate fantasy from reality.

4 years ago

I recognize that the author is free to make the character be however he likes. However, this is a “choose your own adventure” game, so if I feel that I don’t have enough control over the thoughts of my character, I’m also free to rate it a 1/8.

4 years ago
Since when can anyone control the random thought or two that enters their head? One can dismiss it sure, but people have errant thoughts all the time.

4 years ago

In the context of this story, it was not an errant thought.

4 years ago

If you want a story where you control the thoughts of the character... WRITE IT YOURSELF.

Otherwise, the entirety of the human race understands the concept of the word "character," in this context, to be a fictional creation existing within a fictional story. No one assumes the "character" to be a literal representation of the reader, or holds the reader liable for the thoughts/actions of the character.

Of course, another potential usage of the word "character" is to describe an individual who get his panties in a twist over inconsequential matters, much to the amusement of everybody nearby.

4 years ago

Except that the writer clearly states on the front page that its more of a story than a game. And CYOAs usually have established protagonists as well. The fact remains that the guy from Ground Zero is not a character you made for an RPG; he starts the game with his own backstory, personality and ideas including the fact that he just has average levels of homophobia like a regular person. If you'd rather have a Nebraskan man mowing down homos left and right you are certainly free to write something like that yourself.

4 years ago

Yes, the author decided to give the character preconceived notions about homosexuality even though it served no purpose toward advancing the plot. The author is free to give the character those preconceived notions, and since I dislike those notions, I gave the story a poor rating. Similarly, I once rated a story with a Marxist protagonist 1/8 as well. I don’t see what’s so controversial about that.

4 years ago

This is hardly important enough to be considered controversial. In any event it's just funny that you're so bothered by this.

4 years ago

The only thing I’ve gathered from this is Victim being a triggered faggot right up there with the lot going on about the character being “homophobic.”

Anyway someone inform CoG because apparently I’ve been an ally the whole time lol.

4 years ago

EndMaster, Champion of the Gays while simultaneously their worst enemy, a true agent of chaos.

4 years ago

Victim, do you not know how CYOA works? You get to control the actions of your character, but you don't create the character! Unless you're playing some CoGite shitfest where you can create a character down to the most minute detail, you are playing a game in the viewpoint of the CHARACTER. The character is not you, and the character may have different opinions - and different thoughts.

I actually can't explain this well enough, I didn't think someone would be so fucktarded that I would have to. Anyways, the moral of the story here is that you control the character's actions, not his thoughts.

Was going to shit on your lack of storygames, but you actually have quite a few published.

4 years ago

They're actually all unpublished.  There is even one called Eternal Ruler, which I suppose will be the poorly written version of ETERNAL.

4 years ago

Oh, I see. Man, 8 stories in a year would've been an impressive amount!

Fuck you, Victim, you didn't even publish any storygames! I haven't either, but I'm not a fucktard, so it doesn't matter!

4 years ago
They're decoys to give the illusion of legitimate interest in the site. It's a common tactic. Toss up a few descriptions, maybe even an intro page, and you have a marginally safer platform from which to launch your shitposts as long as no one looks too closely

4 years ago

Dear Victim,

Stop acting like a Victim and grovel to EndMaster. It's for your own good.