Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Post some of your favourite quotes

12 years ago
My favourite quotes:

1-I feel sun has risen up not only becoz I see it but by it I see everything else...

2-Best music in the world is your own heartbeat,it gives assurance that it will always with you even when whole world leaves you alone...

3-Fairy tales are more than true not becoz they tell that dragons exist but because they tell dragons can be beaten...

4-There's a hell in hello and there's a good in goodbye,dat's why u shouldn't be afraid of goodbye but be careful with the hello...

5-Never worry for the delay in your success as compared to others because construction of wonders take more time than the ordinary ones....

But my always favourite:

"PAIN IS TEMPORARY BUT PRIDE IS FOREVER"

Post your favourite quotes..

12 years ago

12 years ago
I like this haha.

12 years ago

I've got a few favourites copied down somewhere.

Found them.

• "Not all who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien
  • "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
  • "It will all be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end." - Paulo Coelho
  • "Any fool can make a rule and every fool will mind it." - Henry David Thoreau
  • "Love is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play." - Randall Munroe

There are others there, but the ones above are my favourites.

12 years ago

I post my favorites on my profile

12 years ago
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."
Richard Dawkins

Lol Lol the theists won't be happy haha.

12 years ago

Lol, the only theists here are me and Cool (I presume) I don't think we care too much.

12 years ago
Good Good.

12 years ago
You can add me to that list.

12 years ago
I learned the hard way about arguing for religion on this forum and what happens. Lets just say...It's not pretty.

12 years ago

I don't really argue for religion as much as I argue for people to not be D-bag's about their religion. If I see someone saying they're smarter for being atheist, I'll do the same to them that I do to the guy who calls the atheist a blasphemous sinner.

But yeah, arguing for religion can be pretty difficult.

12 years ago
You cant argue for religion really but they cant argue against it either because of the cheap answer of "you cant disprove it either", so I don't really care what they say.

11 years ago
Oh no arguments are made against it a lot, but yeah people cling to blind faith over logic :p

11 years ago

BLASPHEMOUS SINNER! CONFORM TO MY BELIEFS OR BE HIT BY MY VERY LARGE BOOK!

11 years ago
I've got a big book too... All the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy novels combined into one book :p

12 years ago

"Lost time is never found again."

-I forgot.(FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)

11 years ago
"I would never want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member."
Groucho Marx

"If a thing is possible, it should be done; if a thing is impossible, it [i]must[/i] be done."
St. Teresa of Avila

"'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Shame on you if you don't know where this is from.

11 years ago

Quote - "'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Shame on you if you don't know where this is from."

Why Captain Jean Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprize of course. ;)

11 years ago
Shame on you, BerkaZerka!

11 years ago
'Music and women I cannot but give way to whatever my buisness is' -Samuel Pepys

11 years ago
"WeALlDIeOneDAy"

11 years ago
How true.
Does anyone know where my last quote is from?

11 years ago

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
-Mae West

11 years ago
"Safari Joe does it again."

11 years ago
I just heard this one and I thought is was funny.
"And this is how you run for your life. AAAAAAHHH!"
One of my little brothers. The things they come up with.

11 years ago

'I was hit by a lightning, ran over by 7 trucks, 8 cars and a horse, I was bitten by a shark, electrocuted 5 times at high voltages, I survived the War in Korea and got shot in a bank robbery, and my health was perfect.... but if that little fucking spider in the corner bites me, I think I'll die. So, do you want to lose your uncle? Then, please, annihilate that beast!"

- my uncle, George, 11 years ago.  So true.... 

11 years ago
-If you spend all your time getting advice from quotes you need friends- or like to go outside

By me... 6 months ago

11 years ago

Also, guess who said this:

"You cling to an illusion of permanence. You think all things will last. Youth, loved ones, pizza, all will pass or end, and we must accept that."

11 years ago

"Whatever you are, be a good one"

- Abe Lincoin

11 years ago

"Freedom of Speech isn't so we can discuss the weather." - JJJ-theBanisher

It worked for the moment in the forum.

11 years ago

"Over the mountains of the moon, down the valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride, replied the shade, If you seek for Elderado!" Edgar Allan Poe, Eldarado.

11 years ago

"Don't trust all quotes you see on the internet."  

Abraham Lincoln

11 years ago

LOL!

---

"Where you at byatch?"

George Washington Text to Johann Rall at the crossing of the Delaware River, December 25, 1776

11 years ago

I thought that was Gandhi.

11 years ago

"Update?"

"There is no chance, no destiny, no fate or god that can circumvent or hinder the firm resolve of a determined soul."-I don't remember " :(

11 years ago

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 

1 Corinthians 10:13

The Bible.

One of my favorite verses.

11 years ago

• “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • “When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear.”-Mark Twain
  • “Liberty may be endangered by the abuse of liberty, but also by the abuse of power.”-James Madison
  • “To rage and mock is gentlemanly, to grumble and whine is not”-Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
  • “Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”-August Wilson
  • “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.”-Dalai Lama