Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Hey cool74, 

Looks like today is the "big day" for you, turning 18 and all. Finally, adulthood! Legally at least. 

As a small birthday treat, enjoy 15 "MAG Points" on me! 

Best Wishes, 
Cysid, the Ultimate Choose-Your-Own-Adventurer

I love the MAG points and not CYS points reference. Any way Happy birthday to me Time to travel 10hours to NAU for Freshman Orientation. 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birthday Cool!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Whatever, I got the eighteenth birthday post a month ago, before it was cool!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Hahaha like I have never heard that one before. Remember when you use to be able to duel login on the same browser using the domain name myadventuregame.com? 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birthday, Cool!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy Birthday cool!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birthday cool! Enjoy still not being able to legally drink.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Not in Canada, in Canada he'd be having a lot of fun right now ^_^

Oooooooh caaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaa 

My home and sacred laaaaaaaaand

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Where's Canda? XD

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

.. I spelled it right the first time.

Damn typos

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birthday Cool!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy Birthday, man. Have fun and what not.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birth you are a legal adult and this means your parents can choose to kick you out whenever they want, so don't piss them off

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Only legal in the eyes of the criminal justice system :)

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Have a good one!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birthday Cool! 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

*wonders whether there will be a special message on his 13nth birthday*

unHappy birthday!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I had a pretty funny reply for this, but it was so utterly WRONG on so many levels that I had to censer myself haha!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

You're gonna have to PM this to everyone now. 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

NOW!!

please

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy birthday! Good luck, Cool! It's a crazy world out there! And a crazy one right here so you were never safe.  ;D

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy Birthday you are now legally obligated to pay taxes and give all your money to the greedy bastards in congress!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Don't forget sign up for the draft!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

riigghhht "sign up" Join the peace corps they can't touch you then!!!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

They probly won't use you anyway. Or me especially :P. Something tells me that when a war breaks out to the point we actually NEED a draft again, the overweight kid who sits on a computer all day and can't run a block without ending up in a wheelchair is the last person they need on the front lines :P.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

See this is one of the reasons I'm happy I'm a girl.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

How does being a girl help you avoid a draft?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Girls don't need to fill out a selective service card in the U.S. Basically in the event that they ever did bring the draft back, women are exempt from it.

While it's sort of an outdated concept now due to the fact that both sexes can easily pick up a gun and shoot someone, I can sort of see it from a pragmatic sort of view if you wanted to keep your female population from potential harm so that you can have them give birth to more males to fight in future wars.

Basically guys get to go die in a war while the gals get to be baby making machines. Everyone's a winner!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

The girls have to stay at home to keep the kids safe ;)

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Happy Day of your birth :D

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

One year closer to your inevitable death. Hope drinking in Canada is worth it.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

While women want equality they don't  have to face a draft? We can get arrested for hitting a girl?

Seems you women have a awfully slanted view of equality

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I never said that I agree with the fact that women dont have to sign up for the draft, I'm just not going to complain. Cause I'm not military material.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

What abot the law saying I can punch a guy in the face but not a girl?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

hell, I wouldn't want to be in the draft either, so I'm not faulting her for it :P. But you DO realize you can get arrested for hitting a guy too, right? It's called assault... it's a crime... you can get arrested... that's why people get arrested during fights...

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Still even if it wasn't assault I would be arrested for hitting a girl. What if she was making threatening gestures.

I understand not being part of the draft

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Dude... you'd be punching someone in the face... that's assault... man or woman it's assault... how can you not get that?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I understand that. What if there wasn't a law against assault think then I would still be arrested for punching a girl.

I am trying to make a point if how women want equality but are not considered equal.

Like if a scrawny guy was carrying a 100 lb bag they would think he's fine.

But if a woman was carrying one easily they would feel weak and complain that it was unfair for them to make her carry that.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Dude, you're a moron. And here's a helpful guide showing why :D

1.) Saying "what if assault wasn't a law" is complete bullshit, the problem is I think you believe it's a legitimate point. You see, you're complaining that today's society is biased towards women, however you're saying that it's only biased towards women if you take away the things that keep it from being biased towards women. WELL NO SHIT. that's like saying that America is a dictatorship if you take away the legislative branch, the judicial branch, and the entire concept of voting. Saying "what-if" when trying to make a statement about today's society is completely illogical seeing as the what-if would turn it into a completely different society. Seriously, that comment literally made me do the Jackie Chan face, complete with hands on the head.

2.) You're saying that every woman would be incapable of carrying a 100 pound bag. When, let's face it

2a.) There are some strong as hell women. I know a girl (you know which one, Ugi), who can break me. Not beat me up, fucking break me.

2b.) not every woman complains their way out of work. I work with several females who'll have a much harder job than I at the time, yet not a peep comes out, even if there are males that have to do less work which includes, guess what, heavy bags.

2c.) You're also suggesting that every person looks at a man as superman. No. There are men I know who I wouldn't even suggest do physical labor because I know they're too weak to get it done. 

3.) I'm not the type of person to call sexism or racism for every case where it's involved, but you're literally setting shit up to single women out, and you're making every single woman out to be an out-of-shape whining bitch. So yeah, I'm gonna call you sexist. Cuz that's fucked up.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I'm not a sexist I am saying society is leaned towards the female sex because their is a law where I live that specifically states you cannot hit a woman I like to see the law that says that for a male!

I shouldn't have used the what if example I admit.

Im not saying women are incapable of working harder than men I am saying men feel weak and complain I they see a woman doing something  they can't. I should say men are whining more than women.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Yeah, there's a law saying you can't hit a male as well. IT'S CALLED ASSAULT! FOR THE THIRD TIME!

And no, you're saying that society is biased towards women, and you're getting proven wrong :P

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

ASSAULT IS TO ALL SEXES!!! It is not specific to one sex like that law.

I am saying women have an advantage is some fields of society.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Wuh...wuh...wuh... women have an advantage? You JUST said assault applies to all sexes yet Women have the advantage? Do you think that the two laws in your town form into a fucking megazord when put together? Look, even though there may or may not be a law in your specific town/county/state/whatever that was likely made for clarification back when women didn't hold the same status as men and some toothless shithead said "but she's a woman!" after punching a woman in the face, it doesn't mean they're getting special treatment when it's the EXACT SAME TREATMENT as you're getting.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Guys guys dont start a flame war 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Dont' worry, just showing Hugo what logic looks like.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I know but what ever I don't have a law saying specifically I cannot be punched

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

No, you don't. Nor is there a law specifically saying someone can't take your television, just a law against theft. Nor is there a law specifically against taking babies and throwing them off a roof, just one against kidnapping and another against murder. Nor is there a law specifically against going 54 miles per hour in a 25 zone, just a law against speeding. Nor is there a law specifically saying you can't punch a man in the face, just a law against assault.

Get the picture?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I sure do. We need some better laws.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Yeah I get it there are generalizations in law what Im saying is why is there a specific law against punching women?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I've never heard of such a law. How exactly did you come to know of it?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I punched my sister in a red robin 5 years ago some one remarked it was illegal to punch a woman so that's what my sister said. I then proceeded to look it up on the web it was true in my time then since I didn't believe it. I looked up in my local library in a law book there it was.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Haha the fuck would you punch your sister? Anyway, it's probably just a local or state law cuz there isn't a federal law claiming you can't punch a man. Point's moot since at best the laws overlap into equal treatment :P

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Exactly. It's not like they're going to charge you for both crimes.

... Or will they?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Only if you really piss off the other lawyer.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

True

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Note: Hugo is only 12 13 years old, so at the time he was young enough that it didn't mean as much.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

A. I'm fourteen dude.

B. I punched because 1. I'm her twin 2. She deserved it. 3. I wanted to

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

1. No excuse. 2. Still assault. 3. The law doesn't care.

It doesn't matter since you were only 8 or 9 at the time, but still.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I'm more surprised he found a legal text, found a specific law in that text, and understood all the Jargon at age nine XD

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I didn't understand some of it my mind picked out the words. Playa are you a cop because at the time I didn't see one around 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

So you're saying it's alright to punch your sister as long as you don't get caught?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Woo! 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Yes and oddly her name shortened is sid...

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Alright, let me explain this to you. Even if men and women should be equal, a man still shouldn't hit a woman. The average man could beat the living crap out of the average woman any day of the week. The issue with hitting a woman isn't that it's unfair because ladies shouldn't be hit, it's because you shouldn't be a bully and hit somebody who can't readily defend themselves. It's the same reason why it would be wrong for a full grown adult to beat up an elderly person or a child, because it's just not fair. I'm not saying this is always the case, because I do know a couple girls that could quite easily kick my own ass. The point is, you shouldn't try to hurt somebody if you know you're going to win the confrontation quite easily. It's unfair, and quite honestly, anybody who hurts somebody who they know can't defend themselves is a bully and a bitch.

Protect those who can't protect themselves. 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Trust me she can defend herself.A bit too well. Once she tried to take the T.V. Remote because the show I was watching was just to annoy her she took it I took it back she bit a chunk out of my shoulder

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Bullshit. I highly doubt that a 14 year old girl or younger is able to bite off a portion of your flesh, especially your shoulder.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

No not like rip it out but bite hard enough that it left a scar and some came loose

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Lol. What the hell, were you two trying to kill each other in the womb too?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

As a matter of fact she came out four pounds heavier and as a baby always stole my binkie

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

So what you're saying is your sister made you her bitch?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Hahahahahaha

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

No got her back when my parents put our cribs in the same room I would chuck a stuffed animal at her every time she fell asleep and I wasnt

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

So you threw something at her while she was sleeping and unable to retaliate? Bravo.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

No to wake her up. Then in when my parents weren't looking I would punch her. Not near the face though as a baby she ate a whole loaf of bread

and to say this my sister is a bitch

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I have a feeling you're lying, but I'll continue anyway.

So? I don't hit my sister even when she punches me in the face. As her brother, it's your duty to protect her, not hurt her. Even if she hits you, you are to put your hands up, block her shots, never punch her back, and take it like a man. Otherwise, she's not being a bitch, you're being a bitch.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

You try being the youngest of four children and not hitting back. And half the time living in a house with three girls and me being the only guy.

she actually did eat a whole loaf of bread and I did punch her a few times

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Cut the woe is me load of crap. It doesn't justify your actions as a brother to hit your twin sister. 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I'm a broken toy deal with it I'm the kind of guy in a bad mood ruins everyone else's day just from walking in the room. People say why do you look depressed and I have to respond that's my face. The world hates me (or so it seems) and so does my sister. I'm supposed to take all that crap with a smile?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Yup.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Ah screw that shit... *sigh* if only someone could insert the whip sound app.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Haha bro, do you think trying to get people to be guilt tripped by you because you got picked on as a kid? Shit, I did too, so did Playa (if I remember correctly, sorry if I'm insinuating something that's not true), doesn't mean you go around punching your siblings and acting depressed. Hell if my brother went around punching me all the time (Ok, he does, he's just so weak that I kinda look at him and keep going) I'd be pissed at him all the time too. It's easy to be depressed all the time about what's happening to you, but trust me, once you make yourself have a better worldview everything seems better.

tl;dr: stop with the bullshit

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I think a good deal of us were picked on. We all just move forward though, instead of whine. :P

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

No I'm saying I have to deal with this shit every day so I don't care if I shouldn't punch my sister

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

You'd be suprised how many lives are similar to yours. Those happy faces and laughing people outside your home? They are usually happy to be away from the "shit" you and they deal with everyday. Just saying.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Hey I try I really do but 10 years of habits are hard to break

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Hugo there is no excuse to hit a sibling, no matter how mad they make you. Trust me, I have a 11 year old one who I so wish I could beat her till she shuts up cause she is such a brat and is so annoying. But you know what, the only time I purposely hurt her, was when I was 9. And I regret it, because she is my sister and its not right

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Well, beating up your brother is fine. Yep. 100% okay. 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

No it's not! When did I imply it was

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Never. I just stated it was. :P

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

She hit me first!!!

and guys its completely fine we think its funny and you know 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

That doesn't make it okay. For either of you

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

So your saying she can hit me and that's okay it but.

I can't hi her and it be okay?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Haha 1.) Why did you spend all that time whining about how you're beaten by your sister so you have to do it back only to say "oh yeah guys we both see it as funny it's no big deal" :P. That's BS on one point in the road, and I'm guessing many more points than one. 2.) You do realize she JUST said it's not ok for either of you, right? Only you could warp that into "it's ok for her but not you" XD

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I wasn't really picked on as a kid as much as being the awkward loner kid who sat in the corner not talking to anybody. 

Either way though, this is perfect.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I was usually part of a small group, almost like a dnd game group at school but not quite. We played a lot of card games and long-term mini-rpg games.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Well now I just feel bad.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Why exactly and who are you responding to?

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Both you and Playa, no real reason...

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

It's not like I'm like that anymore haha. That was just a grade school thing.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Because you despised such things earlier in your childhood? X-x

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh in grades 1-3

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

The majority of the guys at my high school play Yu-Gi-Oh now -.-

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Yeah, I know a couple of those types..... 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Did you merge Yu-Gi-Oh and pokemon together when you played the card game? We used to do that all the time. lol

Now we just play a card game my buddy is going to publish and work(with no pay mind you.) to find any bugs while having fun. 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

XD. I think Pokemon went above our heads. Duel Master and Yu-Gi-Oh were far simpler. :P 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Wow - you guys really have this thread out in right field haha!

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Yes we do BZ. Yes we do

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

*sniff sniff*, oh Ugi, why did I bring you into that world XD

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Haha touche

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Why is there a specific law against buying ice cream on sundays? Things were weird back in the day.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

If you die in the parliament building you're get fined (your family, anyways)

Also, you can only take pictures of rabbits in alabama 11 out of 12 months of the year (I think that was the state)

on july though, no rabbit picture taking.

i'll post a list

http://list25.com/25-extremely-bizarre-laws-that-dont-make-sense/

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I been living a life of crime from the beginning....

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

lol I've broken # 14 twice.

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

YOU MUST BE EXECUTED

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I like how we are living life regularly while a flame war goes on the back and we comment about stupid laws

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I wouldn't worry to much, this tends to happen from time to time. lol

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Oh well, bring me the popcorn lets watch

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Surprised nobody linked an appropriate song for you.

Clicky

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Nice hehe ;)

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

You doomed me Endmaster :( the video is cursed :(((

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Hey bo while I might not be that bad (Whole block wheelchair thing) I am on depression meds which means I am safe!!!! (YAY for metal diseases)    

Also I don't pay taxes because the amount of money I make is beneath the governments notice.  (Go Part time at minimum wage and paying for college.) 

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

I'm afraid I have no clue what you're talking about :P

Happy birthday from sid

10 years ago

Me too.