Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Skipping lines

10 years ago

When I press enter it goes down two lines instead of one?! Any help? It's getting super annoying now.

Skipping lines

10 years ago

Does it skip the white lines and go to the orange ones?

Skipping lines

10 years ago

No, he means the the forum posts.

Make a new post, type soemthing, the press Enter.

It makes a break big enough for another line to fill in the gap.

May happen in storygames too.

Skipping lines

10 years ago

ya it is suppose to do that. It inserts a paragraph break. To avoid this hit SHIFT+ENTER. On a decent monitor you'll notice when you space or hit shift+enter that it creates orange or blue backgrounds (very transparent) I've found this helps you see what's all in the same paragraph.

Hope this helps.

You can also hit source and you'll see a </p> everywhere you have hit "enter" by itself. these are paragraph breaks. so if you hit enter three times it would show up in source as </p></p></p>

hope any of this is useful

Skipping lines

10 years ago

It's actually NOT supposed to do this. The new editor brought about this change.

Alex fixed it on the forums, but in storygames it's still broken.

It's fine if you just have paragraphs for stories, but it's a bitch when there is dialog between characters -__-

Skipping lines

10 years ago

Thanks, using the shift+enter trick now. Better.

Skipping lines

10 years ago

Is that doing it right in the editor/text window? Or when you paste it in from a word processor?

Skipping lines

10 years ago

If you're copy/pasta from a word processor you're better off just turning off the Rich Text Editor all together. You shouldn't get any text weirdness that way.

Skipping lines

10 years ago

I ussualy don't press enter.