Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago
Could not find the old thread and so I made this new one to revive the early warning system for the sake of @CatOfTheForest

Do not write about cats in a forest. Don't do it. Just don't. Nothing good can come of this.

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago
Aww, but that would be such fun to read! The cats should all have magical powers too. Oh, and completely stereotypical personalities!

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago

The old thread actually has the same title, minus the redux. 

It's right here. 

It goes to show that you can take the cats out of the forest, but not the forest out of the cats, or something.

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago

Hah, this was a gem from that thread.

*Clears throat*

I see you have messed up my other account, Shellsplash. I don't know what you did or why, but I don't care. Go ahead, do it again to this account. I'll simply make a new one.

You provided no explanation as to why I should no longer write warrior cats, therefore I will not listen to you. I will continue to create games on warrior cats.

I am not sorry for causing such issues.

~Shellsplash.

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago

What a feral kitty. 

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago

I was thoroughly confused about why any specific series would be banned, so I perused the other thread for answers. I can sort of understand the mods' logic based on the situation, but it still seems a bit extreme to ban an entire series due to the actions of one subset. Why not just continue judging each story based on the general site rules, then erase them as needed from there? There's no such thing as a fandom with exclusively terrible people.

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago
For one, the general site rules exist in the first place BECAUSE of Warrior Cats, and secondly at the time that will would have meant unpublishing half a dozen stories a day...usually more than once each and then eventually deleting as WC kids tend to not be learning animals. Plus fielding whiny PMs while the regular members put up with harassment for daring to criticize the masterpieces and having more legitimate stories shoved off the front page, in addition to the general cancer a flood of ten year olds on the forums represent. That is a lot of bullshit to ask the like 1.5 to 2 active admins we have at any given time to put up with in addition to regular moderation stuff for the sake of 'maybe one day one of them will be good enough to be a 3/8'

And the reason they can't even hang around unpublished now is that the kids can still find them through Google and we were getting a steady stream of them drawn in that way even after the mass purge. (Actually just checked though and...it took years but thankfully the 'warrior cats choose your story' autocomplete now pulls up something from the Quest site, yesssss. Explains why we've seen less of them lately. )

Tl:dr
'There's no such thing as a fandom with exclusively terrible people.'

Your naivety is adorable.

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago

Harry Potter is gonna be the new WC, isn't it? :(

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago
Harry Potter is pretty old by now, honestly I'm assuming the new WC will wind up being something else I never hear of until it suddenly starts shoving its way into my safe space on the backs of disease carrying children.

Hello kitty redux

6 years ago
You know nothing, Jon Snow.