Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Hello, I'm new, but have read a few stories on here in the past but finally making a post now that I have something to upload.

I love CYOA and I recently took on the tiring process of making a CYOA comic. The first part is done and uploaded, and I am little less than halfway through the next one. I upload it weekly on webtoons but I thought it could be fun to upload on this platform when I am done with major sections.

Has anyone else uploaded a story/game in comic form here? Even one with a lot of visuals?

I've enjoyed the series I've read so far and can't wait to look at more.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

This is the closest one we have to a CYOA that's purely in picture form. They used Sims graphics to make it.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/avery-m~3a-dead-man's-journal

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Oh wow, thanks for the link! I have read a little of it so far and it's really cool! Nice to know I am not alone.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

Hi Ama! A CYOA web comic sounds awesome. Would be great if you decide to publish it here.

Also, welcome to the site. ^_^

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Thank you for the warm welcome and for reading through my story!

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

Never expected a webtoons creator would decide to join this CYOA community. Also, welcome to CYS! Hope you have a good time in here! I read your story in webtoons before. Very entertaining to the least.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Thank you! Yeah, I don't know anyone on webtoon doing a cyoa so I figured this might also not be a bad community to get into. Even though I simplified my art style a bunch, it still takes so much time compared to writing...

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
The art is super cute. I was like 'LOL 50 words, free point! until I saw what it was.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

... Oh wow! Just checked out your profile and this is AMAZING!!! Was going to spend all day writing, but screw that! I'm playing this now! ^_^

Edit: Finished the game so far and I love it! The story is so clever and I can't wait to find out what happens next! ^_^

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Psst, I think you replied to the wrong post...

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
I just checked out her profile too, and hey @Endmaster, the OP is an almost 30 year old mom just fyi.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

Makes sense that I replied to her then.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
^

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Hah yeah, it is still pretty short though. I usually take 6-30 hours to complete each page so I am just struggling with how time consuming it can be...
I am scheduled to be halfway through the next season in about 2 months and I will be uploading that when I am!

If I click 'unpublish' to add in the next section does it delete people's comments or reviews? (hopefully not!)

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

No, it doesn't, regardless of the warning.  

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Hello and welcome to the site! It looks like you're already enjoying yourself, I hope you continue to do so.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
I love what you did with the thumbnails.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Oh, you mean on webtoon? Thank you!
At first, I was using it as a way to hide what was happening in different episodes, but now it has become fairly involved.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Hi Ama, welcome to the site! Congratulations for publishing your CYOA comic. I wish you a lot of luck with your next one!
Do you plan to add alt text to your next one, so us unlucky blind folks could understand what's going on? Or would it be too much work and/or too hard to explain. If so, that's fine, too. There's still plenty more stories for me to enjoy.

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Just to be clear, do you mean adding text at the bottom telling what happened in the comic?
That would take a little time, so I can't promise when that would get done, but I definitely could!
(maybe I could even find someone else to do it... >_>)

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Alt text is inserted into the image tag and invisible unless you hover the mouse over it, or are using a screenreader.

Although unless you're going to get ridiculously descriptive with it, in this case I'm not sure there's a whole lot of point. Maybe in a plot more about witty dialogue or whatever where just reading it would be an entertaining experience on its own...

Hello my friends!

4 years ago
Hi& welcome :)

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

How long have you been working on this project Ama? You've obviously put your heart and soul into it. ^_^

Hello my friends!

4 years ago

I have and what you could do is type your pages one by one and just type the next sentence to turn the page or you could just put page number down for the answer. You could add pitchers to it but it would take longer. Privet chat with me so I can help you more. Also, welcome to the CYS network. Also, if anyone has any ideas for how to edit my book please tell me.