Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Alright, can I start over for a second?

3 years ago

So I'm (re)doing this on a different forum this time, (actually the one I originally meant to do this on). I'm writeyourstory, and I like reading CYOS, especially sci-fi, fantasy, and loads of modern adventures! I'm currently working on a story called "Arcuz High", a high school story set on modern times. Hi everyone!

3 years ago
Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your time here, and good luck with that story!

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

Welcome to the site stranger! hope you have fun and good luck on the story! :D

3 years ago
This thread is so much better, good job. Everyone, let's all go stone that random white knight instead now.

3 years ago

Lol

3 years ago

Oh wait just figured out who you're talking about

3 years ago

He probably just wanted to add WYS to his collection of zombie apocalypse brides.

3 years ago

Much better! Welcome to the site. ^_^

3 years ago
And she actually has rated a bunch of stories.

I don't really do that reading thing anymore but it's a quality I admire in others.

3 years ago

Hello. Good luck on your story-game. :) If you ever get stuck on things, or need proofreaders, beta testers, or a co-author or two, and basically any general advice and help on that storygame of yours, visit the writing workshop. That's like where the useful people are, always waiting to provide help apparently.

3 years ago

Just to mention though, if you are looking for a co-author, it's probably best you actually give an idea of what it is you're looking for from your co-author. Do you want them for help with coding? Proof reading? Are you writing the POV for one character and looking for someone else to write the POV for another character? If there's something in particular that you're struggling with then a co-author can be helpful, but it's generally pointless and rarely works out if you're looking for a co-author just for the sake of having a co-author.

3 years ago

Good to know, thanks!

3 years ago
Co authoring attempts pretty much never go anywhere. There's all the organizational and communication issues and there's just not much incentive for people working on their own stories to work on someone else's instead. Especially in the case of someone you don't know well who will then have control of any writing you put in.

Proofreaders and testers are arguably more useful and easier to find, once you have a big chunk of the original draft done.

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

You seem familiar, but whatever. Hello there, and good luck in your endeavors on the site!

3 years ago

Why thank you, stranger.

3 years ago

Why the hell is this in the Lounge, moved.

3 years ago
Dammit, I missed the fun. :(

Welcome again!

3 years ago

Don't worry mate, reading through the posts is just as good.