Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

CYS Book Club: Three Parts Dead

9 years ago

@Morgan_R @Aman @Zikara @Sethaniel @FeanorOnForge @Swiftstryker @Ellabit @Fireplay @Madbrad200 @Kwism1127 @bilbo @Cynical @puddlebunni

Not a bad book by any accounts. Interesting world and magic system, and has a lot of different story-elements to it. Politics, Steampunk, taxis, magic, and fantasy creatures like vampires. As a world, it's kinda all over the place (probably because it allows the author to incorporate a lot of cool things from different genres without having it conflict too much.)
Also, the author apparently wrote one of CoG's games. Choice of the Deathless, has anyone read that?
So, um, did anybody aside from Aman and me read it? I mean, it's okay if you didn't, as it's been more than a month without this thread, but...

9 years ago

This book club thing is still going on? Damn.

9 years ago

*crickets

Not really haha.

9 years ago

Well, sorry to hear that. I would be interested if I had the time.

9 years ago

Not yet. I'm going to get to it, I swear. Especially now that I know that there's a CoG game by the same author. ^_^

9 years ago

There is?

9 years ago

Because your affair with Twine wasn't enough. 

What's it called? 

9 years ago

CAN ANYBODY ACTUALLY READ THE OP???

XD

(Thnx Morgan)

9 years ago

XD

9 years ago

Read it! Liked it, but didn't love it. Sigh. I wish I could figure out what makes the difference there. I have no trouble picking apart books I don't like, but this I can't really find fault with. Just... good, but not great.