Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

I'm at a States Speech competition, and I just finished a round and realized how fucked I am. I feel like the prose part is good, but the speaking and moving of hands/legs is bad. I WILL BREAK!!! I MUUUST!!!

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

2nd round starting soon.I'm scared outta my wits. I think I can improve my gestures though. >~> wish me luck I WILL BREAK!!!

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

?Shiizzles. I lost my train of thought for twenty seconds in my second round. ;-; And somebody had a similar topic as me. XD I don't think I'll break. The other people simply have more experience and practice.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

?aww shucks. :/ I don't think I'm breaking. And I didn't realize we could have a visual aid, though I wouldn't have used it anyway. But I tried. ;-; I think my third round is my best round.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

How many rounds are there? Also, just try to get a good start and keep it up, it's like combos in videogames: focus at first and the rest will flow naturally (or not, I'm not that good with advice).

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Well, depends if yo?u break (aka get to compete in preliminaries or something). There are three at first. :) (And I sucked at all times.) Yeah, once I start speaking, I was just on a roll (mostly).

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

May the force be with you.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago
category?

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Original Oratory - Informative Speaking

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago
nice. what topic?

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Depression~ (>-<) I had changed the topic to that around... December? I revised it so many times I can't count them. ;-;

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Her palms are sweaty, knees weak arms are heavy, there's vomit on her sweater already, mom's spaghetti...

But seriously though, good luck.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

There was a girl with anxiety, and I think she was really brave. No vomit or anything. XD

And I'm seven hours from home; I didn't eat home cooking, let alone mother's spaghetti. :p

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

If you break, i'll lend you some of the duct tape I keep in my desk.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

You're gonna hafta help me with da tape doe. :(

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

AND ALLASSSSS I didnt break. T^T

?

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Damnit, I just got done buying duct tape.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

You did well, good job.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

*sniffle* *hug*

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Well I guess the important thing to ask now is whether or not you won... So did you? Not that winning is everything or anything like that. 

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

As I said above, alas, I did not. :( BUUUUFTTTTTT.... A teammate got State Champ for Humorous Interpretation!!!!!!!!! :D

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Could you tell us about your theme and what you talked about? Seems interesting.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

What I talked about? I did the "overused" (according to a judge—I can't disagree with that though) topic of depression. It was originally on writing, but then I realized that who gave a crap about writing? So, I changed it near the end of last year, and poof! ^-^ I should've used more sources (;-;), coordinated my gestures better (T-T), and spoke louder (T^T). I might be doing Duo Interpretation with a friend next year though. :3 It looks so fun. Much funner than pfftt oratory. You get to act and stuff.

ICanDoWelliICanDoWellNot

7 years ago

Well, congratulations are still in order! Knowing you, I'm sure you did your best.