WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

American Horror Story: Cult

29 days ago

Not sure if anyone still watches (or ever watched) this show but I laughed so damn hard at the first 10 seconds to the trailer of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-27J0sR9268

(The comment section is a fucking warzone just from those 10 seconds, but that’s normal for Youtube)

In any case, I’m sure the season is probably going be on a scale between "mediocre" to " complete shit" with maybe a few shining moments due to murder clowns being in it.

So an average AHS season.

22 days ago

Don't hope the show will do what so many shows have done before them, and prioritise quantity over quality. With the last season being rather disappointing, I had hoped they would end the show there. 

22 days ago
Really? I liked the last season, I felt like it mindfucked me a couple times which is refreshing considering most of the other shit on TV.

22 days ago

The main thing Roanoke had going for it was it actually focused mainly on a single plotline rather than going in 50 different directions which is usually the main problem with the show.

They do a scattershot of ideas they think are "cool" and hope one of them actually works. This approach might be better if they had a lot more episodes per season (Like say 22 or so), but they just don't have time to explore half the ideas and so most of them just end abruptly and unsatisfactory.

In any case as long as this season isn't as shitty as Coven it's still a step up. (Christ, that was an awful fucking season)

21 days ago
But coven had such female empowerment! Cool witches and girl power! Teen drama! Honestly the best part of it was the girl who killed anyone she had sex with. That's kind of a cool power.

21 days ago

Actually, I thought the last season had too much going on at once, but maybe it gave that impression because it was too short to cover the whole plot. I did however enjoy Coven. It was refreshing, to say the least. 

Still think American horror story is a great show, although it have had its ups and downs. (Even if that is totally based on the different point of views from the viewers. It's like art. One think that, another think this.)

12 days ago

I think I want to try this show now.  

This is supposed to be a comedy, correct? The guy suddenly thrusting at the television made me laugh a bit too hard.

12 days ago

Technically it's supposed to be all horror, but they sort of abandoned that attempt by the third season, so it's usually a mix of comedy and horror.

I think this season is supposed to have some satire of the 2016 election such as them showing how the liberals were all freaking out and crying when Trump won, while the other side was overly happy.

Though the guy humping the TV in the trailer probably isn't so much of a conservative/republican, so much as he's a trolling psycho that's ready to take advantage of people's fear and chaos due to Trump winning.

12 days ago

Hmm, that does sound quite interesting, and so was the trailer. 

Would you recommend watching it? 

12 days ago

I haven’t seen this season yet, but the show itself is probably worth trying out if you’re into the genre. Some of the seasons are better than others of course.

My personal preference from best to worst:

1. Asylum (Season 2)
2. Freakshow (Season 4)
3. Murderhouse (Season 1)
4. Hotel (Season 5)
5. Roanoke (Season 6)

6. Coven (Season 3)