Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Now THAT'S Funny!

4 years ago

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/closing-of-the-funny-thread/66123

Honestly, this is completely in line with CoG's policy of being unfun and their "funny" thread was pretty lame anyway.

Besides, the average CoG threads where their members get outraged over the most minor of things are WAY funnier. (Like their closing of the "funny thread" for example!)

Now THAT'S Funny!

4 years ago

Oh and InB4 someone says laughing about "Niggar sandwiches" and jets flying into buildings is just another day on CYS.

Not really true anyway since I know at this point we'd at least need a rape reference in that mix before most of us could crack a smile.

Now THAT'S Funny!

4 years ago

I commented on this on the Discord server already, but the concept of a "Funny Thread" already strikes me as a pretty Orwellian concept. I know people tend to use that as a buzzword for anything vaguely authoritarian they disagree with, but in this case, it really does seem like the "Funny Thread" is the first in a series of emotional quarantines with its sister threads "Anger Thread" and "Happiness Thread". If you dare show these emotions in any other thread, you're immediately excommunicated.

Now THAT'S Funny!

4 years ago

Pfft, why not just a dedicated Hate Thread like civilized people?

Or several of them, even.

Now THAT'S Funny!

4 years ago

Our Hate thread though is more of a convenient collection of links to various other hate threads for easier read access. We wouldn't want CYStians to miss out on maximum hate after all.

Now THAT'S Funny!

4 years ago

Was the cancellation of Fun by someone on CoG staff really so notable that it needed a special announcement, here or there? They are grim joyless automatons from what I understand and programmed to do this kind of thing every day.

We should get some jokes in this thread, now the designated Fun Zone. And any CoGites exiled for practicing the forbidden art of having fun are welcome to take refuge here. (Please make sure your permits to be fun are up to date first of course.)

Now THAT'S Funny!

4 years ago
I have to say, even by internet standards the whole concept of having a "Funny Thread" is pretty ludicrous and closing it even more so :) When it's satirical it's funny enough but when it's reality is ridiculous :D :D