Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

*sigh*

6 years ago

Can people stop commenting 'sigh' in their reviews? I realize we're big on dispiriting others in this community and that's great and charming and all, but I think *sigh* is the manifestation of the laziest dispiritation I think I've ever seen. At least dish out that feeling of worthlessness with some modicum of care and attention. 

Firstly, it adds nothing. Nobody has every read the word 'sigh' and though, "My goodness, you're right! If only I'd had you around earlier to sigh more, if only you'd been here at the beginning so that your heavy internet sighing could have alerted me earlier to how ruddy sigh worthy my work is."

Secondly, it's an eye sore. More than that, it's a full body sore brought about by the unstoppable impulse cringe that wracks my body every time I see it. When you sigh, you're not just putting down what you're sighing at, oh no. When you sigh, you are publicly stating how much better it would have been had you done it. You're looking down from your imaginary throne that you've sat yourself on and let out a big old sigh, and maybe a little head shake and eye roll to boot. "Will they ever learn?", you're muttering to yourself as you let out a pretentious chuckle and whip back your art student scarf to go listen to some Chopin and gargle some literary rosé.

Just stop/

*sigh*

6 years ago

"Sighing" was a big favorite of Bad Mod Kiel so I do agree it's one of the more passive aggressive douchebag things to do in general, right up there with eye rolling.

But you can't take away people's right to be assholes in the comment section. I'm guessing you're referring to Dini's comment on the Train story though. Not sure why anyone is getting worked up about her comment since most people here dismiss her as a retard.

*sigh*

6 years ago

Geez, that story is becoming far too controversial for its own good. :) 

We even have a sigh nazi among us now. 

*sigh*

6 years ago
It is inaccurate to call her a retard, she is actually a very intelligent little girl only just now learning how to be edgy and condescending and 2cool4u. Like all new skills, it will take some practice. We should be more encouraging. She reminds me a little of how Crescent was actually.

*sigh*

6 years ago

Personally, I've never hated Dini like most do around here since she's properly worshipful and that's good enough for now.

*sigh*

6 years ago

Was it Dini or someone else who everyone blasted for having a slightly underage looking anime profile?

*sigh*

6 years ago

I think Dini was advising people not to use their real pics or names. Pretty sure it was either Mizal or Steve that blasted Dini for having an underage looking anime avatar.

Probably was Mizal now that I'm thinking about it. I think Steve just said he couldn't tell various faggots apart due to their anime avatars.

*sigh*

6 years ago
I can't remember the exact context but Dini was being obsessed with anime or something and then she retaliated by pointing out my elf looked Asian. This anime avatar plague really gets tiresome at times, however. Maybe they can be the target of the next blood purge when JJJ returns.

*sigh*

6 years ago

Nah, there's some of me in there... and maybe even a little bit of you since she apparently adores you.

Ever since that Rick and Morty thing it seems like she wants to be accepted by the kool kids by throwing her weight around here. 

*sigh*

6 years ago
I used Crescent as an inspirational example because Crescent later went on to write a featured story.

...that bitch.

*sigh*

6 years ago

Interesting, personally I think End created a clone with so many merged traits to inspire more comments in storygames and discussions about particular aspects of storygames, like the story itself and comments, etc.

Really ingenious tbh.

*sigh*

6 years ago
The worship of Endmaster however...

*sigh*

6 years ago

Pfft, 

Don't act like we don't see your affection and the occasional starry-eyed moment.

bunni's actually in the process of making something called "endmaster x mizal gaem xdxdxdx" 

...I don't think this worshipping thing can come from anywhere else. 

I'm just going to leave to run my errands now before anyone tries to possibly debate me on this.

*sigh*

6 years ago

@PuddleBunni let me be the first to volunteer to beta read.

*sigh*

6 years ago

What? No takers on "Tidus's Laugh"? Heartbroken.

*sigh*

6 years ago
I only ever watched an LP of that game and I still prefer not to reminded of it thank you.

*sigh*

6 years ago

Feel like your just trying to find a way to call out Dini, morso because this is so Meta and petty.

*sigh*

6 years ago
I've seen it used a lot. Not sure why this is in the Parlor Room though.

The worst, the absolute worst however is when someone uses it in their story in place of narration. Nothing makes me slam down a 1/8 faster. It is enraging.

...Endmaster got a pass in Eternal but just barely.

*sigh*

6 years ago

that is true, just thought it was outta the blue.

*sigh*

6 years ago
I didn't care for Dini's review on that particular story, I feel like she missed the point and didn't recognize most of the actual craft that goes into flash fiction and was pointlessly condescending about what was a pretty decent first effort.

But then the author turned out to be so incredibly unlikeable and unfit for a writing site anyway it all worked out. ^_^

*sigh*

6 years ago
*sigh*

(But yes full agreement I hate *emotes* in general and that's such a condescending and twatty one. Added to that I mostly associate it with tweens, a group that has no grounds for being either.)

I suppose it does have its uses however if a person is AWARE of how annoying it is, and annoying someone is their entire intention.

*sigh*

6 years ago

To clarify, this post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. The inspiration to vent came from clicking through a number of different stories and finding the offending remark on all of them. Maybe I was unlucky enough to nosy my way through a coincidentally high number of them, who's to say, but I say again: this post isn't meant to be directed at anyone.

Unless it increases my standing as a citizen of this website, in which case you're all right. It was directed at whoever you might dare to think it was. That ruddy user.