Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Crescentstar's General Motivation Thread

6 years ago

Since we seem to be making these lately...

I need to actually finish these stories before I give up on all of my CYS stories. I have been having horrifying feelings of not writing anymore, so I need a kick in the ass after this and next week's busy schedule to actually get moving with writing and stuff.

There are a few stories I have on my check list. I plan to finish these story ideas before starting any new ones (ABC order): Warning: A Fuzzleload of Stuff

Bai Qiu Lian - This will probably be the last Chinese themed storygame I write here. It's based on a Chinese ghost/spirit story from Liao Zhai Zhi Yi, so basically, it's a fanfiction. I need a refresh on what actually happens in the story though since I haven't seen or read the story in a while. I plan for this to be a very simple this-or-that branched storygame. Idea Phase

Diminished - This will probably be the only vampire storygame I write here since cringe. I got this storygame idea from a very strange dream I had. I don't know what I can make from this, but I'm thinking something AppDude's MyVacation style. Of course, I could never make a storygame to such an amazing extent, so Diminished might end up being made in a simpler format. Idea Phase

Gunslingin' Girl - No, has nothing to do with the anime. This is sci-fi I think, and it's like... idk. I got the idea from Cowboy Bebop except it's not really that. It's more of the typical YA story. Idea Phase

Incorruptible - Not really in the mood for this research-heavy project this year. It's set in the French Revolution, and I accidentally lost what little but vital research I had. Researching

Love Notes - I keep telling myself that I will finish this romance-puzzle game. I just don't. I started this such a long time ago, and I don't know what I'm going to be doing with this still. A girl is trapped in a house and shit. Idk. Sorta Writing

Marry Me, Love - I know, cringe. But it'll be okay. I promise. This is a bittersweet non-romance storygame. It's more of dealing with heartbreak with friendship. Idea Phase

Nostalgic Memories - This is something that Shadow and I had decided to write such a long, long time ago. I think I'm going to finish it on my own now though. It's about friendship. :3 Sorta Writing

Powerless - Remember how I said Bai Qiu Lian was probably gonna be the last Chinese themed storygame I'd write here? I might have lied. This one might be another. It's about the concubine selections as well as the scholar testing stuff. Mostly the concubine selection and being such an insignificant person in a harem. I'm about to scrap this

Secret Winter Story - This is the sequel to Secret Santa Story and I'm almost done with one pathhhhh. Writing

Steel and Glass - My first storygame here. I read back on it, cringing. Though I can't say my writing abilities have improved since then. Have they? Idk. I know my writing sense has gotten better, I think. I'll expand based on advise and personal cringement. Revising backburner

Temple of the Fae - This hugeass project is never going to get finished. That means its planned sequels won't either. Yay! :D Fuzzles

The Girl at the Airport - Unrealistic, so I probably will scrap. I'm about to scrap this

William - Coauthored with @MinnieKing :3 It's about, uh, a guy named William. Totally. Mew

I just realized I went through half my storygames in My Stuff. Lovely. Anyhow, yeahhhhh. :D

6 years ago
That is a lot of games.

Newstoryitis is a pretty common disease around here, and since you seem to suffer from it it will be interesting to see if you can hold yourself to sticking to these and these only.

6 years ago

I've been struggling with this newstoryitis for a while. Half of those storygames I've had for a year or so. I don't think I'll be making any new storygames since I plan on being very inactive next school year. I will undoubtedly not finish at least three of those listed. If anything, I want to for sure finish Secret Winter Story, Nostalgic Memories, and Temple of the Fae.