Player Comments on Innkeeper

If I remember correctly, Innkeeper was the first story by EndMaster I ever read, but I have not read it since until now. I remember enjoying it and now see that it has certainly lived up to, and perhaps exceeded my memory of it.
It is especially amusing to reread this after having read Rogues not too long ago, especially the parts with Flameflower. There are so many parts of Innkeeper I had forgotten that were referenced in Rogues, and I already want to read Rogues again because of that.

The characters in Innkeeper might be one of my favorite things about it. They turn a decent game about running an inn into the great story that it is. I felt as if I could picture them all in my head well, especially Wendy, and the attitude everyone had towards Cindy was hilarious. The story itself is good to and certainly well-written, but it’s the characters that really make it.

There were a lot of moments that made me laugh. Taking Rita’s advice to have the employees of the other inn disfigured being an option among the choices was certainly not among the least of these.
“(Your liver is useless though)” This aside was another great moment, as was the main character admiring how Olaf is able to restrain himself from breaking bones in order to distract himself from the beating he was receiving was another one.

Because the story has very little rejoining of branches, it is definitely worth going back and making every choice. A lot of the ends are similar, but because the events leading up to those ends are always different, that does not make the story dull after a few endings. My favorite end would probably be the one in which he becomes a mad scientist and dies a peaceful death.

This is a story that probably deserves a good bit more recognition than it actually gets. While it is in the fantasy section, the fantasy elements are generally quite light, and it is definitely more like a regular story of a guy trying to run a business that happens to be set in a fantasy universe than some fantasy sword and sorcery adventure. If you aren’t that into the latter type of story, that will not prevent you from enjoying Innkeeper.
Thanks for a great story!
-- Cricket on 6/3/2019 9:58:43 PM with a score of 0
Figured I'd give this game another playthrough before I got started on Rogues... And I still love it! ^_^

The game was quite a bit shorter than I remember it being, and obviously didn't have the epic scope of games like Eternal and Necromancer, but one thing it had that most of your darker games lack is a great, great deal of charm.

The relationship between all of the characters at the inn is really well thought out, and they all seem to work together like a mildly dysfunctional family. The poor, exhausted mother seems to do everything she can to hold everything together. Wendy is fucking awesome. She's like a grumpy old drill sergeant that keeps the troops in line by nagging them. Rita's a cunt, but I still found myself warming to her somehow (like a bitchy, slutty sister who flirts with all the boys you like, borrows your clothes without asking and always has to be the center of attention... But you still love her because she's your sister. :p ) And, of course, Eliza is just adorable! Probably one of my favorite Endmaster love interests.

One thing I remembered while playing this game again were the characters of David and Tom. I think the first time I played through the game I expected them to come back at some point, maybe as a pair of trouble causing goons or something, but they never did. A shame. That could've been fun. ^_^

Not really anything else to complain about. The game's just as great as I remembered. I love how none of your stories have a "perfect ending". The best ending of this game, I actually found kind of sad, but I think that made it a whole lot better. Bittersweet endings seem so much more satisfying to me than the traditionally "happy" ones.

All that said, great game! 7/8... Now on to Rogues! ^_^
-- Avery_Moore on 4/26/2019 1:05:55 PM with a score of 0
The writing of this was fast paced and it made a rather long story seem like a quick, enjoyable read. There wasn’t really a point where I wanted to stop reading because of boredom as I found the plot quite gripping as it was original and well thought out. Most of the writing was in the form of witty dialogue, which probably contributed to this fast-paced effect.

I did feel like the death of the father could have been held off for a bit. I didn’t really get the chance to build up a connection with him, so when he died, I was just kind of like ‘okay, cool’. I think maybe having a couple pages where the protagonist’s relationship with the father is explored would make a more effective death and add a little something else to the story.

In the other stories I have read by Endmaster, I have felt like I was reading a book and not so much playing a game. I think the additional links that were included took this feeling away a bit as it felt more ‘gamey’ rather than story or book. Although they were useful and interesting to read throughout the story game, they did sort of take me away from the ongoing plot for a bit.
The idea behind the storygame itself also meant that it was more of a game than Endmaster’s other stories. There wasn’t much that happened outside of the Inn/had nothing to do with the Inn and at some points I almost felt like I was playing a super expanded version of some strategy game.

Innkeeper also had a clear-cut purpose of what to do. Trying to have successful business meant the reader had more of an investment into the story, rather than just coming along for a ride and seeing what happens with different choices. Having a clear purpose meant that I actually put a decent amount of thought into each choice as I knew exactly what I was trying to achieve.
Each choice affected the game a lot, so much that it even became a bit scary to choose as I really didn’t want to ruin this poor guys Inn and life by making a silly decision. This also helped to keep me engaged as I had a very limited idea of what would be thrown as this unfortunate character next and was curious to find out how drastically my choices would affect the game.

I appreciated how all the endings had relevance and contained good explanation of what happened and obviously had a good amount of thought placed behind them. The ‘bad’ endings weren’t by any stretch annoying to read through as they were interesting and contained a lot of information, as well as hinting towards where I went wrong. The ‘You’ll never know’ was also very effective in coercing me to replay the story, so I could know!

Character wise, I thought the mom was a bit boring and didn’t have much to her except for being nasty. I liked Eliza, she was sweet. I especially loved the ending when you live with her even though you lose the Inn- it’s probably my favourite. Rita also added humour into the story. David and Tom also got some smiles from me, I liked their humorous appearances and nonchalant attitudes.

I didn’t really think the fantasy element of the story was necessary and perhaps Innkeeper might’ve been better suited as a Modern Adventure or something along those lines. In my first read through I skipped the ‘history lesson’ and consequently it took me a while to even realise it was fantasy. I don’t think it was detrimental to the plot, but it could have saved some confusion on the readers behalf by making the story a bit simpler. Although, it does lead into the Fantasy Adventure Rouges which I think is awesome and I’m excited to get into it after reading Innkeeper!
-- ghost11 on 3/29/2019 2:20:08 AM with a score of 0
I think i find all the ends and its awesome
-- Juan on 1/29/2020 9:40:31 AM with a score of 0
really good
-- Juan on 1/24/2020 12:36:03 PM with a score of 0
This was an amazing, and many times puzzling game. I had to go back many times, until I finaly reachad a satisfying ending. Marelously complex
-- LittleWich on 11/30/2019 10:32:30 PM with a score of 0
garbage
-- goatlord on 11/23/2019 12:50:19 PM with a score of 0
enjoyed every moment
-- carlo on 10/6/2019 8:17:35 PM with a score of 0
This was well written.
-- Deebo on 9/11/2019 9:36:18 AM with a score of 0
Great job on this one, Sir End.

Not exactly as well-crafted as Eternal, but a brilliant read all the same.

This story strikes a couple chords in me, as a person aspiring to enter the corporate world. This storygame was one where I felt more inclined to play to "win", and though my ending so far is rather tame, it was still an enjoyable cruise.

A new favorite of mine. I humbly pay my 6/8. Glory to the Grandmaster!
-- AgentX on 4/14/2019 5:03:14 AM with a score of 0
Fun story, well written, interesting twists.
-- Alkador on 4/2/2019 7:06:17 AM with a score of 0
I absolutely love how the flow of this story connects to the sequel Rogues.
-- Algae on 1/23/2019 2:43:26 PM with a score of 0
Good read.
-- DoorsareBullshit on 12/26/2018 10:11:37 PM with a score of 0
The romantic in me loves this story! Even though it is short the characters were easy to connect with and I got really attached. I didn’t try all the options, but wish I could have saved the Inn and made my ideal love connection happen. Like life you can’t always get everything though. The options didn’t make it obvious as to what exactly would happen next, which was fun! I had to redo a few of them to get to the end. I am impressed with the number of options you are given and how well thought out each story line is. Even if you ended the game in the shortest path possible it worked well and was complete.
-- Shadowdrake27 on 11/30/2018 12:49:31 AM with a score of 0
Too sweet. I really enjoyed saving the inn and the ending. Thanks so much for writing this story!
-- PaulaAnneMason on 11/9/2018 3:06:06 AM with a score of 0
Finally found an ending that I was satisfied with. Good game but very difficult, been playing since 10am and still haven't found an ending where I manage to keep to the inn. Might play this again.
-- Szy on 11/4/2018 7:59:40 AM with a score of 0
It does a good job at each mini ending that fleshes out the results and hints at what could have happened if you picked the other choices.
-- jep3 on 8/18/2018 10:40:35 AM with a score of 0
interesting tale
-- AlexanderFalkor on 6/18/2018 12:33:04 AM with a score of 0
Pretty sure I got the best ending. Saved the inn, became a doctor, got with Eliza, lived happily with twins. True, we lost the inn at the end, but it was a great game
-- nm13757 on 4/28/2018 10:18:40 AM with a score of 0
Pretty fun
-- Delta on 3/21/2018 11:40:47 PM with a score of 0
Short but good.
-- ResilientSorrow on 2/26/2018 11:49:35 PM with a score of 0
bruh I can't win
-- Jakethebro on 2/21/2018 5:30:18 PM with a score of 0
its entertaining and very enlightning
-- boox on 2/12/2018 5:27:18 AM with a score of 0
i dint read just choose
-- Rapor on 1/23/2018 1:40:43 PM with a score of 0
I found your story engrossing & fun.
-- Jesse Stirling on 1/19/2018 7:54:56 PM with a score of 0
Dear Mr/Ms. Writer...
I really enjoyed your story and hope it is read more! Funny, but my girlfriend has sensitive ears and wishes for "Less cursing!" Still, for my first story, i liked it very much. Best wishes, a reader.
-- Alex on 1/7/2018 3:50:06 AM with a score of 0
Pretty good.
-- lanky on 11/25/2017 9:51:14 PM with a score of 0
Hey Endmaster,

Have really enjoyed all of your storygames that I have read so far, and heaven knows I've read through Eternal and Ground Zero more times than I can count (I even got to some of those crazy thousand years later parts) so I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write them.

Cheers,

Numidious
-- numidious on 11/10/2017 1:48:07 AM with a score of 0
I would have liked more choices, especially more choices that had a smaller, less direct impact on the story. It would have made it more immersive.
-- sainzcat on 11/3/2017 11:04:34 PM with a score of 0
Well, I got the TAX ENDING. JUST GREAT. Well here is what my thoughts are.

1.It's Story is not really the best, but not the worst. in fact Its better then Reces Pieces *insert lenny face*

2.It was really fun, but I was disaponted because umm... Main Charater didn't get any girls. I really thought that was a thing. "ITS A STORY DEAL WITH IT" "(me) well HOW ABOUT A TAKE YO GIERL HUH!?"

Well overall it was a fun little mini adventure to take like....My time was about an hour, or less, but probaly could get to 2 hours. I don't know. But what dissapointed me is the story. I thought it was going to be like Enterals, or Necromancer, when you FIGHT. Here you got no powers or magic, not even fighting experince! Which is what made it so good! Not only is it in a world of Orgs, Dongeanz and DragonFLyz, heh, it is posible the situion could be in the real world! And probaly has!

One things for sure:

ITZ BETTER THEN RECEZ PEZEC
-- GamerSloth on 9/30/2017 11:16:57 PM with a score of 0
I feel we didn't get much options throughout the story.
-- Jimmy Carr on 9/27/2017 11:12:59 PM with a score of 0
its really good but not very many choices. It could also use some minor spelling corrections.
-- fridgey on 9/14/2017 2:21:05 PM with a score of 0
one of the best ones ive ever read, they should make this into a game.
-- macongula on 9/11/2017 5:37:49 PM with a score of 0
Absolutely the best I've read on here so far! Didnt want it to end.
Thank you!
-- Aynmb on 8/30/2017 11:38:02 PM with a score of 0
Was really fun. I liked that different choices brought on very different story lines. There were a few typos I think but it was still a blast! Also.. I did notice some one mentioned something about thumbtacks not being invented in a fantasy game with no real time frame that can invent anything it wants whenever it wants. They can go fuck them selves. Magic was not invented either. Just saying. Great work! Keep it up.
-- Doc Jay on 6/25/2017 2:37:41 AM with a score of 0
Thumbtacks were invented in 1900, yet this is supposed to be a fantasy setting.

0/10 literally unplayable.
-- FazzTheMan on 6/21/2017 10:31:39 PM with a score of 0
Ehh. It was alright
-- TheBlackDragon04 on 6/14/2017 5:15:46 PM with a score of 0
I liked it; I should try other paths.
-- andredz on 6/12/2017 1:39:29 PM with a score of 0
VUNDERFULL
-- Decker on 6/9/2017 6:22:25 AM with a score of 0
It was great and very fun. Surprised me a bit, but it as enjoyable. Keep writing stories please! Thank you!
-- Camilla on 5/19/2017 10:38:55 AM with a score of 0
I think I found the happy ending.

SPOILER WARNING

I married Eliza and apparently lived happily ever after. Unfortunately mother did sell the inn, but as the ending says, I ended up keeping the best thing from it

END SPOILER

But yeah this one is really fun. Very well fleshed out characters and pretty interesting world. 8/8.
-- Battlemage on 4/9/2017 5:23:38 AM with a score of 0
Not too much magical things in this one, but the characters are so very well fleshed out that the more mundane nature of this story isn't even remotely a detraction. The various plot directions were all solid and believable, but most of all I liked the characters. They really are alive in this story.
-- Battlemage on 4/9/2017 4:38:08 AM with a score of 0
Nice story and game :))
-- LOLiHAVEnoFACE on 4/7/2017 8:42:20 AM with a score of 0
Its a time waster
-- Aegle on 3/27/2017 11:10:24 PM with a score of 0
Good story i loved the different decision results very interesting kinda short in my opinion though either way a good story i really got attached to the characters and i like the plot 8/10 i say not bad
-- Gbeard on 3/23/2017 10:54:21 AM with a score of 0
Pretty cool, makes you make some tough business decisions, all in all a decent read. Good job
-- ic456 on 3/11/2017 4:09:05 AM with a score of 0
Loved it! Characterization was great, and the 'right' answer wasn't obvious. The history lessons were great, loved the backstory there, it helped me get into character. I got a decent ending this time around, but I plan on coming back to see if I can do better!
-- Bookmonkey44 on 3/8/2017 7:06:17 PM with a score of 0
Well written story. Going to go through it again to see all the outcomes.
-- VRoman on 2/23/2017 1:33:09 PM with a score of 0
Very good, I really liked the story.
-- Tawnystar on 1/28/2017 12:43:45 AM with a score of 0
Wow lol.
-- CeruleanFlare on 12/20/2016 12:04:33 PM with a score of 0
Though it wasn't a "Hero Saves the Day" kind of story, I did find it enjoyable to play through, and I did play through EVERY ending I could find.
-- TigerStripes153 on 12/19/2016 12:13:39 AM with a score of 0
Found about 2 typos, doesn't really matter to be honest.

It was a great journey. While most destination it leads to wasn't necessarily so, it was still a great journey nonetheless. More depth in romance would've been nice in my opinion, but we all know that wasn't the focus of the story.

I mean, it's all about being innkeeper and suffering am I right? ;)
-- PRONTO3000 on 12/1/2016 7:46:41 AM with a score of 0
Don't know where I went wrong...I need a do-over.
-- Dayv8 on 11/24/2016 7:21:23 PM with a score of 0
oh my GOD

that is some great story
-- ifeeluneasy on 11/11/2016 7:16:53 PM with a score of 0
its really good and makes you think about your decisions
i did all the endings and i think the one with Eliza is the best since he sounds truly happy there
-- Mitonsoul on 11/7/2016 5:59:55 AM with a score of 0
All of the endings hit me in the feels.
-- Marinirani on 11/1/2016 6:23:50 AM with a score of 0
This was so amazing, so many choices from good to bad endings, will probably replay it again
-- Dimas15 on 10/5/2016 3:22:00 PM with a score of 0
Well written, nice story, even if all the endings seemed a bit sad.
-- BigRonn77 on 9/7/2016 1:34:41 PM with a score of 0
I absolutely loved that. It was tons of fun. The story, while forgettable, does what its supossed to do: Set a setting for you to make the decisions, and make these decisions as tough as possible. Because they really, really are tough sometimes. You feel every bit of tension when the world seems to be falling on top of the main character, and you feel really satisfied when you make the right decision and manage to keep the business afloat. Really good, real nice.
-- JossieMime on 8/11/2016 3:48:13 PM with a score of 0
I loved the story, however I am quite sad I couldn't find a happy ending.
-- Markus on 6/6/2016 6:14:21 AM with a score of 0
Very cool short story, I really like your style. Though I always wish your stories were longer, as I enjoy them so much ! ??
-- CamilleBC on 5/27/2016 8:02:17 AM with a score of 0
It didn't like the ending at all. However, the beginning and middle were fantastic and loved the majority.
-- Taylor on 5/24/2016 9:51:15 PM with a score of 0
Cool. Sorry, I'm terrible at leaving comments....
-- BoopyDoopy on 5/18/2016 2:00:20 PM with a score of 0
Could be better
-- Aa on 5/15/2016 9:16:26 AM with a score of 0
Horrible
-- DZ4EVA on 5/10/2016 10:38:17 PM with a score of 0
It had amazing reality to it, god job with the plotline and writing.
-- Johnny5Isalive on 5/2/2016 5:07:27 PM with a score of 0
A story too lineal. Also the results look random to the player. Frustating.
-- Cullen on 3/9/2016 6:55:02 AM with a score of 0
just one word: splendid!
-- reader73 on 2/29/2016 5:23:27 AM with a score of 0
IT was fun, not sure if I won though. Cindy got her revenge and... yeah.
-- GarGorilla on 2/23/2016 11:35:41 AM with a score of 0
i enjoyed the story and how many options you would sometimes have. way to go!
-- niamh on 1/31/2016 10:34:20 AM with a score of 0
I didn't even get to choose many times
-- bob on 1/30/2016 5:07:41 PM with a score of 0
Pretty good! I enjoyed playing it to see the different endings and ended up with a rather satisfactory ending.
-- AllThatIsGold on 1/10/2016 6:52:51 PM with a score of 0
This was very good story. I dont think it should go under adventure though. The story gave me a break from all the action. Very good game.
-- Jimmysutton on 12/17/2015 10:36:09 AM with a score of 0
NICE!
-- Andreas on 11/21/2015 11:53:01 AM with a score of 0
Finally got the best ending.. Nothing illegal happened, no one died, I became a doctor, and ended up with Eliza and a family, all completely happy! Took a while but.. Was worth it.
-- SoupLover on 11/19/2015 11:52:55 AM with a score of 0
Okay, I did it again and made at different choice at the very beginning, and ended up with no illegal activity, and I ended up in Teckville or whatever it's called, treating farm animals, and I got a family! Best one so far.
-- SoupLover on 11/18/2015 8:42:12 PM with a score of 0
I've tried a billion times, and the best endings I've gotten are being a psychopath, but a doctor. A murder witness plus some illegal business, but a doctor, plus a few boring lives. Some of the endings made me feel a bit uneasy as the build up of the story took effect when certain endings appeared... Over all very good, but extremely difficult...
-- SoupLover on 11/18/2015 8:07:56 PM with a score of 0
Probably one of the best endings, so yeah pretty good.
-- EndMaster on 11/4/2015 1:08:10 AM with a score of 0
i got Eliza but lost the inn, is that good?
-- Vitriol on 11/3/2015 11:55:44 PM with a score of 0
No. Bad Ogre.
-- Galootius on 11/2/2015 7:28:22 PM with a score of 0
wow, so many ways this could happen, really good game as usual.
-- Shinobi on 10/26/2015 3:31:27 PM with a score of 0
Awesome game as always. forget searching games, pull up the games on endmasters profile !
-- sayedmad1 on 10/24/2015 11:13:36 AM with a score of 0
I was immediately pulled in by the story, and the writing was short enough to read and understand quickly while still providing some cool details. I love the time and effort put into the backstory of the town and the families and everything, but all those wonderful details never really meant anything late on. Perhaps that's just the choices I made, but I kinda feel like I didn't have that much say in the story anyway. I think a certain amount of writer's control over the story is necessary, especially for one as detailed as this. Though there were many parts where I felt there was too much information and happenings crammed into a few lines of text, and that it skipped past some decisions that would've changed the story greatly had it been left up to the player. I sound really critical, but overall I did have fun with this! I'm excited to see what you come up with in the future.
-- Sam on 9/30/2015 7:09:30 PM with a score of 0
That's depressing.
-- RinnaCarebim on 9/11/2015 9:06:55 PM with a score of 0
A very well made storygame. The story it self is quite grounded and it's very intense from start to finish.

My only complaint would be that making choice seams to also decides a lot of other things.

Final Verdict: If you are interested for a storygame where you are faced with more "realistic" problems of running an Inn in a fantasy setting this is your game. If not... well you should still give it a go and i am sure you will not regreat it.
-- Paradox_GH on 8/16/2015 12:20:26 PM with a score of 0
A nice game which my girlfriend invited me to play. It's for older teenagers or adults only due to the cursing and violent descriptions within the story. Read at your own risk.
-- Ross on 8/15/2015 5:33:17 PM with a score of 0
Great game
-- confirmed12 on 8/11/2015 8:47:11 PM with a score of 0
Solid story, solid design, solid everything. There are a few grammar and spelling errors, but it's to be expected when writing something this long.
-- mjigger on 7/27/2015 1:35:04 AM with a score of 0
Amazing
-- Benbot on 7/13/2015 12:25:48 PM with a score of 0
I'm going to give a summary.

It's a very tense game.
-- GiraffeDino on 7/5/2015 7:56:44 PM with a score of 0
*clap clap* This was an excellent, heartfelt story. Great job!
-- GMB13carat on 7/4/2015 9:34:16 AM with a score of 0
This was a crazy story but I liked it! My favorite ending is when you become a doctor and die an old man
-- Michael on 6/12/2015 7:47:33 PM with a score of 0
It's a fun story. Definitely worth a read. Wish it was longer actually, with a bit more freedom, but it's good as is.

Endmaster's stories are always enjoyable, so I'm sure this comment is no surprise. His reputation here is well deserved.
-- Havoc on 6/5/2015 5:17:44 PM with a score of 0
Felt like I wasn't making enough choices, but excellently written.
-- Anonymous on 5/11/2015 7:13:56 AM with a score of 0
the game has one of the most touching endings i have ever seen. you get the girl and leave that bitch called cindy
-- Double x on 4/26/2015 10:24:53 PM with a score of 0
It was great :) really fun in depth game with a lot going on. It was coherent and fun.
-- Takogreece on 4/25/2015 1:04:02 AM with a score of 0
At first I wasn't impressed. An overly short story (or so it seemed) with a weird setting I couldn't get into, and at times a peculiar writing style. But for some reason I tried for another ending. And another....then all of them. And wow, the scope and planning was impressive. Some of the different endings even give you clues as to what's going on in the other storylines... Sure, some of them are short and mundane, but others are damned elaborate. Well worth exploring and my hat off to the author! Loved it in the end.
-- joe on 4/24/2015 6:49:23 PM with a score of 0
Well done and a lot of fun!
-- Pancakes on 3/28/2015 5:27:41 PM with a score of 0
it wasn't that eventful and it was shorter than I expected. its okay
-- LA on 3/7/2015 12:33:08 AM with a score of 0
its ok I guess
-- KiritoLeeWillis on 2/24/2015 6:21:00 PM with a score of 0
It was kind of boring. It wasn't a very interesting premise.
-- RaeShines on 2/23/2015 12:09:51 AM with a score of 0
Great work
-- John on 2/4/2015 6:51:58 AM with a score of 0
Good game was fun
-- G on 1/27/2015 10:33:47 PM with a score of 0
not fun, too short
-- zdfg on 1/23/2015 6:08:31 AM with a score of 0
me likey, fun story, took me a while to get the girl i wanted but it was worth it 7/8
-- chuxsta on 12/23/2014 10:27:11 PM with a score of 0
Kinda long...
-- Wolfmist on 12/20/2014 5:17:29 PM with a score of 0
Cindy ew haha
-- winterfox on 12/4/2014 3:08:28 PM with a score of 0
That was an awesome experience. I really like the 'slice of life' genre feeling of doing an Innkeeper simulation.

I suddenly had an idea to have another route for making the Inn more popular: Barmaid Beauty contests.

The inn would put out flyers that they are looking for beautiful maidens to try and be the 'It Girl' of the month, working at the inn with specific privileges. No requirements, any girl could join. Of course at first crazy ugly people might come, but as the months go by, quality would increase.

Using the same concept, you could have the inn be franchised into other cities as well, producing the same beauty contests, and maybe doing kingdom-wide programs where every city inn's 'It Girl' vies for the crown haha
-- Nekodomo on 11/26/2014 8:33:42 PM with a score of 0
This adventure is a thoroughly enjoyable look at the life of a reluctant innkeeper in a fantasy world. The characters are amusing, the choices don't feel restrictive, and the story is altogether excellent. I wish it had been longer, but this is a fairly small complaint and may have been limited to my path. I would recommend this story to anyone.
-- Monumental on 11/24/2014 3:53:41 PM with a score of 0
Wish it was longer
-- wajdi on 11/18/2014 8:06:11 AM with a score of 0
Pretty good, enjoyed the variety and flow of the story.
-- TylerDanann on 11/6/2014 6:17:39 PM with a score of 0
Got the family ending with Eliza, good story was good and I give you all of my ratings.
-- Ayyy Lmao on 11/2/2014 10:42:06 PM with a score of 0
Great story
-- shadrack on 9/12/2014 11:31:42 PM with a score of 0
This game is really fun, and it's a breath of fresh air to play through something that isn't all about fighting and adventure, especially in the fantasy category.

It was a nice story with some great endings, ranging from satisfying happy endings to completely unexpected but interesting endings. Some of the 'dead end' endings did feel repetitive, but I don't know how you could have avoided that given the plot.
-- 31TeV on 9/11/2014 4:32:52 AM with a score of 0
I wanted the shy romance option to be a good one :(
-- Blamblegam on 8/23/2014 11:25:58 AM with a score of 0
In my experience playing The Innkeeper, I found it to be one of many stories that has a good plot, a wide universe, and a very capable writer, but gives the feeling that there could have been so much more. That is in no way meant to mean this is a bad story, quite the contrary, simply that it never saw its full potential (i.e., where the author took time to give extraneous information at some parts, they could have instead spent more time fleshing out the endings.) Overall this story was ready but not a monologue, gave the reader many choices without being hyper-reactive, and left the reader wanting for more.
-- Nobody39 on 8/18/2014 7:37:32 PM with a score of 0
Interesting story, though Endmaster's stories are usually a bit longer, so that's what I was expecting. Overall, well-written and certainly different than the author's usual games! Worth playing!
-- mek7 on 8/18/2014 12:41:33 AM with a score of 0
Well done. Love the branching paths in every decision. Also unique to tell a fantasy story from the POV of a regular guy.
-- John on 8/7/2014 7:05:46 PM with a score of 0
I wanted to get to make more decisions, but it was still engaging.
-- eleanor12 on 7/19/2014 1:40:13 PM with a score of 0
Cool game. 7/8
-- PortalSpartan on 7/13/2014 8:41:26 PM with a score of 0
Fun, funny, and heartwarming. I explored its genre well and I had a lot of fun.
-- the_quiller on 7/11/2014 3:20:20 AM with a score of 0
Ok mate just did all endings all i can say is for the best ending to just not regret your decisions in the choices made

-- nrm on 7/9/2014 2:13:01 AM with a score of 0
nice i died by some succubi of the other inn, but better than selling the inn and becoming a clerk.
-- norton158 on 7/8/2014 10:00:41 PM with a score of 0
Amazing, simply amazing. The way the story flows is mind boggling.
-- hellruler on 7/6/2014 1:46:26 AM with a score of 0
That was pretty good. I absolutely love the whole running an inn in a medieval fantasy period idea. I also liked the option to view your staff status. Although, the game was definitely not perfect. For one, it felt pretty linear. Yes, there are multiple endings, however, the game seemed to end way too soon when the player didn't pick a certain choice! Isn't one of the joys of some "do it yourself adventures" is to have more decisions after you make a choice? Also, the story was pretty good, although it certainly didn't keep me on the edge of my seat. Which may have been kind of dissapointing considering I love the concept so much. I rated this a 6/8! It's a good game overall.
-- WoodenWriter on 6/14/2014 4:20:35 AM with a score of 0
It had some grammatical mistakes but was overall a decent story.
-- Madbrad200 on 5/26/2014 9:25:12 AM with a score of 0
1st time I read this I didn't understand anything so I voted 4/8 but after my 2nd time, I saw how amazing and wonderful this story truly is. 7/8 Bravo!
-- RedShadow956 on 4/29/2014 10:02:18 AM with a score of 0
Great game, great story. I just wish there were more options, more personal control of how you want the story to go. But overall good game!
-- bjhovey on 3/27/2014 7:58:00 AM with a score of 0
OMG!!!!
I read this for hours. I came out with about fifteen different "O.K." endings until I finally got the one I think is "The Best".
-- minnow on 3/8/2014 8:39:15 PM with a score of 0
Great story, terrific writing except for a couple errors I noticed, the multiple endings were good but the choices were a bit limited in my opinion, all in all it wasn't bad at all, one of the best I've played so far I think in fact.
-- Scorch on 3/3/2014 12:29:53 AM with a score of 0
aweaome story! the choice should be more detailed, though, as i feel some choice i make will automatically make me choose other choices as well. 8/8!!
-- chenliyong on 3/2/2014 10:49:14 PM with a score of 0
How can I describe this, Wow. Just wow.

8/8
-- ShriekingTiger44 on 2/3/2014 1:11:55 PM with a score of 0
This is..... no words can explain it. Heh, you thought I was saying it was bad, didn't you? Actually, its one of the best games here. Love it. 8/8!
-- Zorse8 on 1/16/2014 3:54:30 AM with a score of 0
This was one of the best stories on Choose Your Story ever. I'd give it an 11 out of 10.
-- Indira on 12/20/2013 11:07:25 AM with a score of 0
A very enjoyable and satisfying game. Ever decision feels like it has importance and weight. My first playthroughs gave me satisfying and happy endings. When I played through the game a few more times to see what could have happened, I suddenly became very glad of the choices I made earlier but felt they were appropriate directions in the story. Overall, it was fun.
-- TaraGil on 10/27/2013 11:24:45 PM with a score of 0
Dang, I got a tax job. The writing is really well done in this storygame, and I'm going to try to get a better ending.
-- Numb3red on 10/2/2013 3:42:10 PM with a score of 0
This story was amazeballs. I kept going back and redoing it until I got an ending that involved zombies. Probably the best story I've played through on this site. Cheers!
-- Lindsay on 9/20/2013 5:53:28 PM with a score of 0
Great! Short enough to finish in a day, but long enough to keep the reader interested and into the story.
-- Bethius on 9/9/2013 12:29:24 PM with a score of 0
Nice one mate!
-- Il_Maestro on 9/7/2013 9:35:45 AM with a score of 0
Goddamit

It seems like my poor guy couldn't catch a break. Jesus. Poor guy.

Just wish that there could have been more interaction With Flameflower and Sunshine, that was a great inclusion.
(I originally thought it was flamethrower, but alas, my hopes were unrealized.)

Good game, a little on the cynical side, wish there was an ending where you stayed with the inn, it became big and successful, plenty of good to be had all around.
-- Who really cares? on 8/11/2013 6:37:35 AM with a score of 0
It was nice but I got the best ending in my 2nd try, so there was not that much of a reason to check the other ones out. Of course I did but it was meh.

Good story though, too bad I never banged Rita :(
-- Drakoblare on 7/29/2013 4:07:38 PM with a score of 0
It was good
-- Blobbynord on 7/26/2013 10:32:59 AM with a score of 0
Very nice story...really like this one, romance added into the mix too...
-- rabinjackman on 7/20/2013 12:35:00 PM with a score of 0
i almost cried when eliza died. very well written. you deserve an oscar
-- jason x on 7/20/2013 12:18:31 AM with a score of 0
interesting, Fear the Goblin Clever.
-- nreinsager on 7/16/2013 11:12:38 AM with a score of 0
Awesome. Just awesome.
-- N on 7/2/2013 3:13:28 AM with a score of 0
Good, long, game. Had me reading all the way through...
-- Markle on 6/16/2013 12:40:03 AM with a score of 0
Well , gone through a lotta possible choices still havnt found a a really good ending . Best iv got is alive , tavern sold off , minor drinking problem. As for story , beautifully written I really found myself immersed in it .
-- lukiagamer on 6/12/2013 5:55:29 PM with a score of 0
Pretty entertaining, a few spelling mistakes though
-- tannerspalding on 6/5/2013 4:08:31 PM with a score of 0
It was a great read. I read everything in one sitting and saw all the different endings. :D
-- m2mach on 5/30/2013 5:47:18 PM with a score of 0
Great game! I actually won it. It is hard to keep a business.
-- harrypotter on 5/13/2013 8:50:11 PM with a score of 0
Good Game I lost.
-- harrypotter on 5/13/2013 8:08:17 PM with a score of 0
I liked the game.
-- dbzfan94 on 4/29/2013 4:14:49 PM with a score of 0
yum yum
-- yum yum on 4/20/2013 8:47:51 PM with a score of 0
out of all of the stories i have read on the site, i believe that this is the best one i have seen yet. You are an absolutely fabulous author. Could you help me with the links to my story, When i Grow Down? Contact me at bookworm.nicole@gmail.com
-- CathyAnne on 4/5/2013 4:00:07 PM with a score of 0
The ratio of length of reading on interesting choices are 2:1. 1:1 is perfect but there was just unneeded paragraphs.
-- Bliss on 3/21/2013 2:59:01 AM with a score of 0
Nice story.
-- Endrew on 3/17/2013 7:47:10 AM with a score of 0
I loved this! Beautiful and fun! I tried hard to get each ending. I'm hard to please, but this was extremely entertaining. Yay!
-- Lovino Vargas on 3/7/2013 9:55:04 PM with a score of 0
I really enjoyed the story, with both the more or less good endings that I discovered :-)
But really, isn't there any way at all that he might end up *with* the inn? :-)
-- Domaldel on 3/6/2013 4:32:44 PM with a score of 0
its good. but the limiting choices ARE a factor tho, and the way that there seems to be only one route douses the story a bit, but the fact that every end has its own story means a lot to me, i mean if someone is to make a linear story, the least they could do is make the endings fun right? and this really delivered on that point, so kudos to you and hope u make more in the future
-- ultragunner on 3/6/2013 7:44:56 AM with a score of 0
Gah! More of a story, less of a game, overall a wonderful journey. thanks for this story.
-- toni on 3/2/2013 7:26:38 PM with a score of 0
*o* so great! Endmaster you really are the master of great endings!
-- Rebey on 2/23/2013 3:17:45 PM with a score of 0
A good tale, more rooted in the "everyday life" than some of his other works, yet still with a good share of fantasy. Though I'm curious which ending, if any, is meant to be the best.
-- Mynoris on 2/20/2013 4:57:03 AM with a score of 0
Glorious. Loved going back and playing through it again to see what endings i could get. I loved the shady parts too.
-- Worgrim on 2/7/2013 11:12:07 PM with a score of 0
I loved it
-- chasemeee on 2/1/2013 1:55:49 AM with a score of 0
Really good and also realistic.
-- Haramir on 1/25/2013 8:31:08 PM with a score of 0
Loved it! Really well written of course, but I just liked all the choices the game gave. I liked how they focused on both logic and morals and how a morally good decision could lead to bad consequences and vice-versa. Not sure if there was a "best" ending or not, but I'm pretty happy with the one I got.
-- Briar_Rose on 1/14/2013 5:47:33 AM with a score of 0
Good story, as usual when it comes to you. But it doesn't really beat necromancer.
-- Tgetruegamer on 1/3/2013 1:59:02 AM with a score of 0
I really liked this story! it totally went in a different direction then I ever thought it was headed. I didn't expect any romance when I first read the entry.

Excellent job author!
-- Stinger on 12/29/2012 9:14:04 PM with a score of 0
im sorry, but why is leaving the inn a immediate failure
-- no on 12/26/2012 3:28:59 PM with a score of 0
There is so much drama going on, that even though I got the Eliza ending I still feel that it... needs to be happier. Excuse me while I go cry myself asleep. Great stuff.
-- Demonas on 12/16/2012 4:09:28 AM with a score of 0
Incredibly well written. An absolute must!
-- dazzywazzy on 9/6/2012 5:43:35 AM with a score of 0
Is there a REAL ending?!
-- Irongoldfish on 8/10/2012 9:52:20 AM with a score of 0
Amazing. I absolutely loved it. I have nothing to say other than that, I really thought it was great. I would just love a sequel
-- BubuTheStoryfication on 7/31/2012 2:10:18 AM with a score of 0
Great game
-- Xt1000305 on 7/15/2012 7:01:35 AM with a score of 0
GooD job !
-- Wasteland on 6/27/2012 6:57:07 AM with a score of 0
Cool game. I didn' really see how it was fantasy at first, but it makes sense here.
-- Amy2 on 6/26/2012 7:24:48 AM with a score of 0
Real writing with deep imagination.
-- RobustSporadic on 6/26/2012 5:22:56 AM with a score of 0
A great game. Most of it encompasses realistic and puzzling business decisions as you try to keep the inn afloat. For these there is only one answer. The last two decisions decide your ending. Every ending achievable by these is satisfying. Overall a great game.
-- Warrio1209 on 6/18/2012 7:40:10 AM with a score of 0
...? man , you like swearing!
-- Marmotlord on 6/11/2012 7:20:27 AM with a score of 0
Decent, BUT CAN U WIN!

but its better than dying........ wait can u die in this one?
-- lolzers on 6/4/2012 6:38:24 PM with a score of 0
Its ok
-- kabirtomer on 5/24/2012 11:59:20 AM with a score of 0
ok... kinda short
-- cysid2 on 5/11/2012 8:14:03 PM with a score of 0
Good story.
-- CovElite on 5/4/2012 9:50:48 AM with a score of 0
Woo-hoo! Consequence free life of insanity and sadism! Yeah!

Anyway, I really liked this game, and while I found that for every decision you make you automatically make several others (which was annoying) it was still good.

I've found the majority of the endings, if not all of them, and I really liked how the story branched out. While you don't find many 'good' endings (if you can call the ending I just got good) the bad endings can be just as interesting.
-- Forge on 4/4/2012 8:11:41 PM with a score of 0
I liked the story of quite a bit, as it was a good diversion from all the hack-y slash-y magic-y that I'm used to. One thing that did bother me was that it felt a bit cut off, like the story was unfinished. I still loved it either way.
-- MrMaradok on 3/31/2012 2:26:14 AM with a score of 0
It had great narrative, though there were far too many endings. It seemed that every choice bar one led to an instant ending. The one that didn't end went on to another set of choices with the same circumstances. The endings weren't particularly dramatic or interesting i got two different endings that i thought were the right ones or the least horrible situation.
-- ChainsawMonkey on 3/27/2012 2:45:08 PM with a score of 0
Fun game! I really enjoyed it.
-- Adamfromky on 3/6/2012 9:23:03 AM with a score of 0
The story line was good compared to most storys on the website this one is really different and as for the tag of humor I found this not to be funny
-- ZenUndead on 2/24/2012 11:19:11 AM with a score of 0
i ded
-- masterelf on 2/3/2012 2:00:01 PM with a score of 0
So sweet! <3
-- Meriko on 1/21/2012 5:36:06 AM with a score of 0
Brilliant story (as always). An amazing slice of life that made me feel like I was running an inn and living the lifestyle that came with it.
-- applegirl on 1/1/2012 5:19:07 PM with a score of 0
Alot of reading required... But I really enjoyed it! I really like how there's alot of different paths the reader can take. Awesome job!
-- PenguinSoup on 12/28/2011 1:35:52 AM with a score of 0
Amazing story as always EndMaster.
-- JackThaedos on 11/10/2011 6:26:42 PM with a score of 0
that was wonderful, kept going back when my character died sad. then i finally realized... CINDY!!! i hate her though...
-- kidre3 on 11/1/2011 10:16:57 AM with a score of 0
Good game, expected nothing less from EndMaster.
-- Jplague on 10/11/2011 11:47:35 PM with a score of 0
Another great story. I consider myself getting the "best ending" since I had set my goals romantically early on, although I don't see "very happy" in this ending(well it isn't labelled as such anyway). If only I was given more control over the character at the near-ending part....
-- yap1996 on 9/26/2011 9:23:46 AM with a score of 0
overall, nice
-- gone93 on 9/4/2011 11:16:21 PM with a score of 0
that was pretty good. i think i got the best ending too!
-- SEULaw on 8/31/2011 12:50:41 AM with a score of 0
kinda like real life
-- DarkentityOni on 8/27/2011 9:13:03 AM with a score of 0
OK
-- kalun on 8/23/2011 8:35:27 PM with a score of 0
Great, and well written story. Really fantastic... though it seems like at least half of it fits better under romance than adventure. My only real criticism is a personal preference thing. It wasn't very interactive. Massive chapters of text (very good text)and then a single small choice. I can't really say that's objectively bad, but then, since when are reviews objective?
-- Yumlemmingkebobs on 8/20/2011 9:13:00 AM with a score of 0
Hey Endmaster, i was wondering if you could like make some maps for your stories? It might be a good idea. :)
-- Just a Fan of EndMaster on 8/18/2011 5:05:18 PM with a score of 0
I'll Take It! I liked it alot
-- rpgwonderboy on 8/15/2011 4:34:04 PM with a score of 0
It leaves a satisfying ending, but is very simplistic.
-- bereothien on 8/10/2011 1:17:36 PM with a score of 0
That was a really enjoyable game, i recommend it!
-- FaceDown on 8/9/2011 5:47:52 PM with a score of 0
good, good but wish it was longer
-- bradhal on 8/4/2011 2:37:41 PM with a score of 0
I can't believe that an EndMaster story actually made me feel sad. Good read.
-- October on 8/3/2011 10:31:14 PM with a score of 0
I really enjoyed this story and I think it's better than Reeses' Cups.
-- Augusta4 on 8/1/2011 6:05:48 PM with a score of 0
Great story. I hope you use more of the world changing decisions in your other stories. When someones decisions change the entire outcome of the world that is portrayed to them, the reader will love the story no matter what. I want to see more of those life altering descisions on this site ( hint hint ) :P
-- alienalpha on 8/1/2011 2:36:18 PM with a score of 0
Really enjoyed it, i enoyed the characters and how the decisions affect the Inn as well as the story.
-- MethodKid on 7/29/2011 11:39:07 AM with a score of 0
It's not what I would typically expect from EndMaster but nevertheless like most of his work this is nothing less than a masterpiece. Bravo!
-- Jplague on 7/28/2011 4:53:23 AM with a score of 0
To be honest, I like this just as much as ground zero. I dont know why, but I absolutly love it.
-- ugilick on 7/27/2011 11:53:47 PM with a score of 0
It's a little refreshing to read an endmaster story without a whole lotta death in it. Either that or incredibly gruesome death.
-- ThisisBo on 7/27/2011 11:26:27 PM with a score of 0
Pretty good story, isn't your best but it's good.
-- brokenwriter on 7/27/2011 9:19:55 PM with a score of 0