Surviving the EBD Classroom

Player Rating4.30/8

"#243 overall, #17 for 2014"
based on 109 ratings since 02/27/2014
played 475 times (finished 94)

"no possible way to lose"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

It's your first day of teaching alone! You're very excited to help your 1st graders advance their reading skills, master basic math concepts, and develop grammar. As the day wears on, you begin to question your career choice. Little Emma came to school crying and hasn't stopped, Tommy throws things when it comes to reading, and Kyle refuses to sit down after recess. These kids have you on your wits end!

Yeah, I would read more from this author :)

I loved playing as the teacher, because nearly every school based storygame I have played on the site is from a students perspective. This was a very interesting change in point of view, and definitely allowed a more creative piece of writing then I was expecting.

I felt like some of the options had more writing on them then the actual pages at some points, but I suppose a teacher has to make decisions like those if they want to survive a class full of monstrous kids :)

I wasn't impressed with the length, but I was entertained for the short time I was reading it. It was actually really realistic, and I can see a very clear picture of what this classroom was like. There was a bit of character development here and there, which was a nice thing to have.

There was a lack of branching, sadly. Remember, this site is dedicated to choose your own story adventures, not stories with little branching, but it was still very enjoyable.

It was also easy to win, but I don't think it was meant to be a challenge :)

4/8, well done, I liked it.
-- MinnieKing on 3/19/2017 1:32:49 AM
This was certainly educational on how one should appropriately react as an educator to children. If surviving a single day is a uphill battle, I think I have certainly acquired a newfound respect for those that are able to do so everyday.
-- TharaApples on 10/5/2016 12:29:23 AM
Heh, it's good to teach people new things, and it's also great to learn some things too. I found this story actually quite amusing, as well as a nice experience. This would probably be good for younger kids that don't mind a bit of mild violence.
-- Shadowulf on 6/15/2016 6:59:49 PM
This was a really informative and interesting storygame. I once did a school placement with a class of kids with mental learning disabilities and this wasn't too far off at all. It's quite linear, of course, but nevertheless I liked it a lot.
-- Saika on 3/12/2017 7:48:07 AM
This storygame is very realistic and gives people and idea about how friggin' hard it is to survive the vicious first graders. Though it missed one thing: What to do with that one kid that's always done and wants more *cough cough me*.
-- WizzyCat on 2/13/2017 12:32:31 PM
It was ok. I don't agree with the child having to leave if he won't behave. Who's with him? If he's already upset, he could hurt himself outside the classroom.
-- Quorrah on 1/12/2017 3:44:22 PM
Hi there! :-). Excellent story! It's honestly the best i've ever played. So congratulations. :-). I found it verry enlightening, and will certainly remember this info, if I ever choose to go into teaching. In addition, I feel your wisdom could be applied to all types of students. Anyway, thank you so much for writing this story. In my book, you're a genious. Oh, and 10 out of 10 from miss Rahila. LOL.
-- Rahila on 12/20/2016 4:31:35 PM
COOL.
-- DiamondCoder on 3/18/2016 2:31:33 PM
No real way to loss, if you pick the wrong anwser it's just like "realy? No you pick this awnser."
-- Dmanxbox on 5/21/2015 11:30:33 AM
Its one of those games that is easy to win, even without reading the story
-- AthenaT on 4/17/2015 10:53:43 AM