Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Deleting My Page

3 days ago

What am I doing wrong here??

Two times in a row I've created a page and saved it SEVERAL times, then I went and did other things.

When I came back it was gone!! Both times! It's not on the Chapter's & Pages page (even after refreshing), the page itself just brings me an error code, and the link on the page before says it leads to {Page Not Found}. I wasn't too upset the first time. The second time I had almost the whole page finished! I know it's not gonna be good if I rewrite it because I'm gonna feel defeated.

Is there any way I can get that page back? I'll write it again (and save it to a Docs or something) but it'd be a lifesaver if it was somewhere out there still.

Deleting My Page

3 days ago

For reference, the page is called "Meet Me Inside", and I've made a third one that seems to be working fine

Deleting My Page

3 days ago

My personal guess is that the site is rejecting it for comma issues

Deleting My Page

3 days ago

I have had the text on pages get wiped (due to human error, oops) but never experienced a page being completely gone.

Is there anything at all in between the process of you saving the page and you returning that could have been a factor?

Deleting My Page

3 days ago

Maybe that I had the page open on a different device while typing on the other one? I wouldn't think that would have any effect

Deleting My Page

3 days ago

I could see how that might result in the text getting wiped, but no idea how it would cause a page to get deleted.

I'm going to keep trying to replicate this, but for now, a safe bet would be to just keep things safely backed up in a google doc or something.