Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 1/10/2024: fixed

Bug with "Storygames in Need"

2 years ago

This is relatively minor, but it's a little annoying, so may as well make a post about it.

For some reason, some of the usernames in the "Storygames in Need" section on the main page don't work as links. For example, we've currently got stories by ninja and MHD there, and if you click on their names, it leads you to their profiles, but if you click on Mara's, Mystic's, or Bill's username it won't work.

2 years ago
It's the underscore, they're displayed on that page using the special characters (like from the RTE) instead of plain text.

So the link is actually pointing to poison_0x5f_mara instead of poison_mara.

Anyway, I'm guessing this is a minor fix Nightwatch can throw on the pile with the other weird display stuff for certain characters on random parts of the site.

2 years ago
And Poison 0x5f Mara is a very different and dangerous person than just Poison Mara.

2 years ago
Noted, I'll take a look at that soon since I'm already tinkering with encoding thanks to unicode-related changes.

one year ago

replicated, issue is also present in Avery_Moore's link in "Top 5 storygames by rating"

11 months ago

I'm pretty sure this got fixed. I can click on Mystic's username and it correctly leads me to her profile. So I think this can be closed if @Nightwatch confirms this was part of the unicode fixes.