Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 8/19/2019: Yeah... I forgot the reading corner existed. I'm in.

Combine Reading Corner and Parlor Room

5 years ago
Why exactly do we have TWO boards dedicated to the forsaken art of reading words and then having thoughts about them anyway?

Instead of two dead boards we could have just one semi-comatose one and they're both somewhat similar in theme anyhow.

5 years ago
Seems like a good idea to me. It'd make the new board less lonely looking.

5 years ago
Thread may also be used to discuss any good corn you've read recently and what sort of activities you paired that with.

5 years ago
How does one read corn?

5 years ago
We should just change one of the two to "Corn Readings" so we can have a forum just for that. I'm sure that will be quite popular.

5 years ago

I'm not in favour. The reading corner's at least an attempt to actually discuss, you know, stuff related to books. I think combining it with the lounge would ultimately mean that, given the general level of discourse in that board, book discussions will become even more rare. And I mean, this is still a writing site, I like the idea of having a separate space to actually discuss stuff that's written down.

5 years ago
I agree.

But what do you think about corn reading?

5 years ago
Mizal is suggesting combining Reading Corner with Parlor Room, not The Lounge. Parlor Room is also a decently quiet forum. And with how little people here talk about books, I doubt that would get any worse. Personally, I wouldn't mind either way. Combining conversations about CYOAs with those about books probably won't change anything, but it'll give me one less inactive forum to check.

5 years ago

We can't afford to water down The Lounge anyway, it's obviously the source of all our culture.

5 years ago
The Parlor Room is so dead even Romulus has never noticed it and just assumed I meant the Lounge. This has to prove something or other, possibly even my point.

5 years ago

The Parlor Room is kept alive with the Interesting Comments thread.

5 years ago
I just realized I spelled Parlor the gross European way. Someone please fix it, I'm upset.

5 years ago
Do you guys even have parlour rooms?

5 years ago
No, we just have lounges ^_^

5 years ago
Fair enough, if anyone called a room a parlour room they would be promptly stabbed nowadays