Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.

Have links to specific posts on front page

3 months ago

The new 'recent posts' tab on the front page is neat, but it'd be nice if when clicking the link to check out one of the new posts, it would take you to the post itself, not the top of the thread that the post is in.

3 months ago
Oh. Yeah, seconding this, I had assumed that's how it was working to begin with.

If it helps as a workaround, you can click the name of the poster and just scroll down to the latest post in their profile. That's how I'd always find the most recent post in busy threads.

Probably could be a more elegant solution added there, even if it's ultimately just throwing another noodle in the spaghetti pot.

3 months ago

The same is also true if you click on the thread titles in the Last Post section on the right side from the main "Forums" page (though it does take you directly to the newest post if you click on the title in the Last Post section from each individual subforum itself).

3 months ago
This was suggested years ago.

The response I received from 3J (so take that for what it's worth) was, "Those are different links going to different places because they have different purposes." Yeah, no idea what that means, but it was shot down when 3J was around.

3 months ago

"It's not a good look for the site." - JJJ