Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago
Can it be? Does it fall to me to post the hallowed yearly thread celebrating the return of NaNoWriMo? It does? Okay then, here goes: NaNoWriMo's here! It's finally happening! Anybody on here doing it? I'm doing the Young Writers' Program with a goal of 10000 words (low because of school and because the best I've ever made is 11000) but these first two days I've managed to meet or exceed the goal for the adult program, and I'm thinking about raising my goal if I can do well on school days too. NaNoWriMo forever!

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

I'm a little bit stupid, so I'm afraid I must ask, what is NaNoWriMo? I mean, you gave me a good idea of what some ot the letters stood for, but never really confirmed what the hell was going on. Has this been posted before on the site? The way you talk about it it must be... I'm suddenly painfully aware of the fact that this is my first year on the site... 

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

National Novel Writing Month. 

http://nanowrimo.org/

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

F***!!!

I don't have Internet. 

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

All of my what?

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

Huh?

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

I think he means, "HOW IN FUCK'S NAME DID YOU GET HERE WITHOUT INTERNET!?"

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

Yes! I'm magical! My most advance spell is using the Internet when I visit my Papa's on the weekend!

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

More advanced than lightning?

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

Lightning is not a spell for it was not learned. 

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

Oh... Spikeball making?

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

That's not a spell either. 

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

You were born with the knowledge of spikeball making?

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

Its instinct for an otter. 

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

... What about typing?

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

I'm not the strongest in that. Duh. Who is?

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

Who wants to be my writing buddy? (username is BetaBand)

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

I do but I wouldn't be able to help until Friday and maybe a little today. A week is a lot of wasted time when you only have a month. 

NaNoWriMo

10 years ago

I'm not participating this year, but kudos to everyone who's making the attempt! :)