Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

I mean think about it. You defeated the greatest threat to the world. Don't you think god hood is the reward not stupid Soverngarde.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

If I remember correctly Talos may have already become a god that way. 

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Soverngarde was amazing but small. :) 

You(dragonborn) was destined to defeat the "greatest threat to the world" long before you were born. So there is very little reason for Talos or any other god to help you ascend.

That and Talos is already a dragonborn god who did far more than you in his lifetime.

Now that doesn't mean your dragonborn can't become a vampire and basically live as a mortal god instead...

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

The one thing I always wondered about were the daedric princes. Technically if you side with any of them, they get possession of your soul when you die. The most prominent example is if you're a werewolf you go to the hunting grounds of hircine when you die.

Now what the hell happens when you help ALL of them and you die? That's not even counting Sithis if you're a dark brotherhood member or being assured a place in Sovengard. 

I might guess some princes might not give a damn, but some would be pretty possessive.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

A really, really cool fight.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Also Akatosh gets claim as well since you have a dragon's soul. lol

I imagine either they would all fight it out or Akatosh(or Sithis) would get it since they seem the most powerful out of any of them.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Either that or the dragonborn basically assures his immortality by playing them all off against each other, since they're all too busy fighting or scheming over who gets his soul, he can never stay dead for long.

(Represented by the fact that you can reload your last save when you die, lol)

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Plus if one dies in the fighting there'll be an opening to a daedric value you're committed to... I'd be a prince over a god any day, they do way cooler shit XD

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Sheogorath's quest in oblivion was by far the most entertaining. Skyrim had pretty balanced ones though in terms on me enjoying it. :p

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Meh, I become Sheogorath after I die, simply because I've always pretended the Dragonborn was a descendant of my Oblivion character, who made sure Jygalag or whoever remained happy for cenuries by having the crown of the Prince of Madness passed down for generations and generations, by having sex with one of the golden guardians that he liked best. Notice how the Skyrim Sheogorath looks a helluva lot different than the Oblivion one, a lot more is changed than just the skin tone and facial hair, so obviously he is someone else entirely with some red-and-black skinned Argonian blood in him somewhere down the line.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

The skyrim Sheogorath is heavily hinted to be your oblivion character. (Which technically means Sithis can claim a daedric prince. lol)

Not sure how your Skyrim character could become Sheogorath after s/he dies since that spot is already taken. 

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

I've made up a complex infinity that the Hero has three souls of sorts where the one that became Sheogorath began a cycle, where he later became Jygalagg after Jygalag died, and his son became Sheogorath for hundreds of years, and he became Jyggy for 100s of years, and then when he died he became the J-man, and the reicarnation of the old J-man became the dragonborn, and the old Sheogorath's son became Sheogorath, and when the Dragonborn died (after 100s of years of being the vampire emperor wizard warrior who solves all the world's major problems) then he became Sheogorath and the old Sheogorath became Jyggalag and the other Jyggalag became the hero in the Elder Scrolls Online.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

ESO is in the past so plot-hole. lol

Also the link between Jygalagg and Sheogorath was broken by your Oblivion hero. Also why would he need to be replaced every 100 years?

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

No, I pretended Jygalagg died some years after due to complications resulting from me constantly destroying his altars, so then suddenly thoere would always need to be a new Jyg, so it constantly cycled through, until finally the cycle was broken by being hurled into the past, (ESO) which would lead to him having many descendants later, who would be the heroes of Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind, until the new sheogorath, who is in this way his own great great great great great great great great grandfather, rises up and it starts allll over again. It isn't every hundred years though, it's upwards of thousands of years before the still-mortal Jygalagg dies, it varies.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

I always assumed that helping every god and doing feats like this would basically just have them all sit down and be like "You know what, this guy should live forever, so he can help us scheme against each other"

That or he will just do some monk enlightenment shit and find it in himself.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

That would be a cool DLC.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

I've always wondered that too. Because my soul is already promised to every single Daedric prince, AND as a guardian to places like the hall of the companions.  Plus Sithis. I'm voting that being that he is death itself, Sithis wins the day.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

"Plus Sithis. I'm voting that being that he is death itself, Sithis wins the day." 

Correction: Sithis is of the void. Arkay is the god of life+death.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Sithis predates the Daedra and the Aedra, and his blood gave birth to the Daedra so I imagine he's more powerful in general unless they teamed up against him or something, though I can't imagine you'd get most of them to cooperate long enough to do such a thing.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Given that the dragonborn and the rest of the elder scroll protagonists always start out in jail (or on their way to execution) it actually makes complete sense that they could potentially be chaotic sociopaths.

One can only assume that the gods, or destiny or whatever must have a dark sense of humor to constantly choose such individuals to save the world though.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Which supports my lolful infinity that they are all a long line of multiple-incarnate beings that are their own parents caught in a time loop brought on by breaking the Sheogorath-Jygalagg cycle... Somewhat...

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

So according to your theory... Sheogorath is actually in charge of the universe? Talos help us! ^.^

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

No, the protagonists simply trapped the world in an endless time cycle of logic breaking after fucking around with some heavy duty deadra magic, without using the proper un-doing ritual. Bastards shoulda learned by now that you do not fuck with heavy duty daedra magic!

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Or maybe, you know, you get slain by an Orc who wanted to commit suicide long before you get to slay your 2nd dragon or join the Companions and become a werewolf...

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

That orc was awesome. :)

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

That Orc was too damn easy to kill. Loved the tradition though. Hmm... does it count as suicide though? Would have been awesome to turn Werewolf after you accept his challenge and see him be all like "No dice, cheater"

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Werewolf form: Activated!

Old Orc: "Hey now, I'd like to die from a sword or something. Not from a giant furry."

Option 1: Kill him anyways.

Option 2: Turn normal then kill him.

Option 3: Kill yourself.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Or you can just ignore him and run away :P

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

The orc was an unexpectedly powerful experience for me, because it was in the forest and the sun was starting to set, and it was coming down through the trees and such, and the landscape was so beautiful. The battle was challenging enough, since I was wandering off the path as a level one at the time, so it really was a glorious death scene. I gave him a funeral by dragging him to the river as twilight began, and then letting him slowly dissappear over the horizon. I had stolen some flutes over, so I pretended to play Amazing Grace on them, but I accidentally blew too hard and spat them into the river, (I actually just accidentally let go of the E key...) which killed my immersion and made me stop crying.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Oh, he appears randomly? I thought he was just hanging out in that random road near that mountain (yeah, didn't really play the game much).

Anyway, sounds like a nice experience :). I like to put some imaginary RP elements in my games to (especially in titles like Skyrim, or strategy ones like the Paradox Interactive games) otherwise they get boring. Then I have to get on the internet and post about what I came up with... And this is why all games should be done with MP in mind.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Yeah, there was a river and enough trees to almost be a forest there by that mountain. It wasn't to far from Helgen either, I actually got to Bleak Falls and learned 'Fus' without talking to Ralof when I left Helgen. Then I found the orc, killed him, and sent him down the river ceremonially with flowers and all the Ancient Nord shit that was keeping me from running.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

So... you gave him a Norse funeral? Oh the irony...

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Nah, I just gave him a warrior's funeral. I gave him Imperial Armor too, and 2 coins, because that's what the greeks gave their dead because of the whole Charon and the river Styx thing.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Makes you wander why a dude whose only purpose is rowing a boat for eternity would need money. Probably to pay for the boat's expenses or hire some other guy to do his job while he spends the rest of the money on prostitutes.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

The man is commonly portrayed as a skeleton these days. It's likely he didn't have a brain. Maybe Hades was just taking his anger out on people for getting the shitty job when the straws were drawn.

The dragonborn a god

10 years ago

Makes sense.